Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soul Gems for swords?
09-19-2006, 10:23 PM,
Soul Gems for swords?
ya i had another idea...what about spirit gems? this is the crafter's personal touch on the weapon, and every "quality" sword has one
Soulgems for swords are called spirit gems....spirit gems are not enchantements, they only effect the sword's damage and durability.
:bananarock: :bananarock:
09-19-2006, 10:46 PM,

This should be put in the improvised weapons thread.

[Image: Locked2.jpg]
Her eyes, though which crystal tears gave light,
shone like the moon in water, seen by night
09-19-2006, 11:49 PM,

So what else would spirit gems go in/on armor, books, houses? Although I'm not sure this is a unique idea.
09-20-2006, 12:58 PM,

This could most likely work as replacement for Sigils.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-20-2006, 02:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter

I like that idea Arbiter. Particularly since we don't plan on much time, if any, spent in the oblivion worlds.
09-20-2006, 04:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter

I like that idea Arbiter. Particularly since we don't plan on much time, if any, spent in the oblivion worlds.

It's just common sense; why script something when perfectly acceptable implementation of it alredy exists? Big Grin

You guys really seem to aim for "crafting" feel to Akavir.
09-20-2006, 04:38 PM,

Some people like to make their own super weapon, i want a sword like no one else has :banana:
Akavir mod leader.
09-20-2006, 04:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
Some people like to make their own super weapon, I want a sword like no one else has :banana:

Well there's always the enchanting. Perhaps you should keep some crafting stuff, if you decide to have them, race or faction specific.
09-20-2006, 05:33 PM,

It could be one of the tests to advance in either the sohei or the assassin party. That the player has to create a unique item. And if the Ka Po do have some kind of actual crafter guild (in the true old fashioned sense of the word), the making of several items would be required to advance.
09-20-2006, 07:18 PM,

Well...this would basically disect all the different categories of swords, but i feel oblivion would be made better if we did so.
Ok...there are the mudane weapons- steel, iron, and all other non-enchanted, non crafted weapons
then their are the spirit weapons- Those who have been crafted (either by yourself or a arcane blacksmith), with a spirit gem lodged in any part of the handle(undecided) or blade. The weapons who have a spirit gem in them cannot be enchanted. All the spirit gem does in increase the blades, "personality" if you will....the damage will increase as well as the durability, and the weight of the blade. When a spirit gem is inside the sword, the edge of the blade will be gleaming bright white.
Arcane weapons- those who have been enchanted by a soul gem.... ya we all know what enchanted weapons look like.
:bananarock: