Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start a war.
06-28-2006, 08:03 PM,

No, the programmers mixed up the staffs for two caves, one is a mine near Stingrad, and another is on the yellow road.
06-28-2006, 08:15 PM,

I've been back to the cave with another char', and there's only one staff and tribe there. Only possible way for that to happen would be for the warring tribe to bring it with them.
06-28-2006, 08:17 PM,

You've got to search for it. The goblins pick up the staffs and move them around. Which cave is it?
06-28-2006, 09:20 PM,

Actually yes, since the NPC's have Unique AI and from the research I have done the Goblin Shaman's CAN launch a attack, and the attack is then preformed by the Warchief and War party.

Edit: the goblins respawn
Boil-em, Mash-em, Stick-em in a stew!

Golems: 9/??
Jiihat: 17/30
Leader of the Khajiit (name undecided): 23/30 braids in the mane

The fort itself:

Interiors: 0%
Exteriors 24%

For Kvatch!
06-28-2006, 09:25 PM,

No, the goblins only attack if the other goblin clan has their Totem Staff. The reason the goblins attack each other before you do anything is because the other tribe probably has the staff to start off with.
06-28-2006, 09:31 PM,

Excatly, thats another reasone, but if you have been in the cell where the goblins are it can happen, but your reason also sounds reasonable.
Boil-em, Mash-em, Stick-em in a stew!

Golems: 9/??
Jiihat: 17/30
Leader of the Khajiit (name undecided): 23/30 braids in the mane

The fort itself:

Interiors: 0%
Exteriors 24%

For Kvatch!
06-28-2006, 09:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Treebiter
RW: I think it may be a little beyond me, but I'll look into it. If it is I'll pass it on. I know very little about coding. Who would we use the script on though? Goblins again, or perhaps Daedric cults? Steal an artifact from a shrine and then get followed all over Morrowind until they get it back or you kill their leader. Just an idea.

I dunno, it was your idea so I assumed you wanted to handle it. I just wanted to say I won't have any problems merging it according to those specs I mentioned. I guess I'm trying to bring back a bit of the atmoshpere we had back when we were modding for TES3, where people modded the stuff they wanted to see added to the mod and the main-file admin just coordinated the various submissions.

Otherwise - and I'm generalizing heavily here, and not directing this towards anyone in specific or this thread in particular either - discussions run the risk of falling into an endless loop without it leading to content in the mod.

Guy #1: We should do this, I think. (looks at guy #2)
Guy #2: I agree, it's a great thing. We really should. (looks at guy #3)
Guy #3: What a cool idea. Yes, we should definitely do this! (looks at guy #1)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-28-2006, 10:03 PM,

We were discussing how the goblins behave so we can figure out how we will do this, by figuring out how this whole thing works. Smile
06-28-2006, 10:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
We were discussing how the goblins behave so we can figure out how we will do this, by figuring out how this whole thing works. Smile

Mm, I *hope* I didn't come across as critisizing anyone or passing judgement on the discussion in this thread. =) I just wanted to mention that it's a possible danger. There's plenty - pleeenty Big Grin - of discussions from the old days where the gang discussed and came up with ideas, one better than the next, but it never got anywhere. Often, locations had whole story arcs and quests discussed and thought out, but none of that made it into the actual mod - it was just left as an arrangement of statics without NPCs or stories or anything. I always thought that it was a shame that that atmosphere and ambience didn't make it in. (I'm thinking of Lumen Julianii for those who know of it)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-28-2006, 11:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon

Mm, I *hope* I didn't come across as critisizing anyone or passing judgement on the discussion in this thread. =) I just wanted to mention that it's a possible danger. There's plenty - pleeenty Big Grin - of discussions from the old days where the gang discussed and came up with ideas, one better than the next, but it never got anywhere. Often, locations had whole story arcs and quests discussed and thought out, but none of that made it into the actual mod - it was just left as an arrangement of statics without NPCs or stories or anything. I always thought that it was a shame that that atmosphere and ambience didn't make it in. (I'm thinking of Lumen Julianii for those who know of it)

No, I agree with you entirely that words don't necessarily become actions, and so I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. Smile You are right that several discussions eventually lead to a loop, and nothing ever gets done, and there *is* a danger in there. I'm glad you brought this up, as now that I think about it, we should watch out for that more often.