Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status ?
06-09-2008, 09:10 PM,

And if the leader of this mod is serious and there are exterior models, I will ask Razorwing if I can get some time from the Farmland Region I have taken on to help with the exterior of towns Balmora etc.. and go from there. I am not promising enormous amounts of time but I do promise consistency, conviction and heart.

Who is the leader anyway?Smile
06-09-2008, 10:24 PM,

Dave91 is the co-leader and has been active recently, and so has Lightwave. InsanitySorrow used to be active and a leader, but RL pressures have made him/her drop out.

I would say Dave91 is the leader for the moment. I hope he sees this and replies. Lightwave is probably the essential member, but I think he wants to restrict himself to utilities.

I think someone placing the original Balmora into Lightwave's 1.5x heightmap might be a nice sign this mod has some legs left. How much effort would you think that would take? Would you do it on a dare, to drum up some interest? I would be willing to do the dialogue for the Balmora NPCs (non-voiced, as I cannot do voices). I think they all exist (the exterior ones, anyway) in Lightwave's translation of the EMS.

That would at least show some progress.
06-09-2008, 11:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by grumbler
I think someone placing the original Balmora into Lightwave's 1.5x heightmap might be a nice sign this mod has some legs left. How much effort would you think that would take? Would you do it on a dare, to drum up some interest? I would be willing to do the dialogue for the Balmora NPCs (non-voiced, as I cannot do voices). I think they all exist (the exterior ones, anyway) in Lightwave's translation of the EMS.

That would at least show some progress.

1. I still have to ask Razorwing(but I think he will give me some leaway as long as I am not discarding it.)

Since I do not have any insight into what the map looks like I cannot say definately. But if the terrain looks like the area that balmora was in(matched up for the most part). All I will do is go into TES3 game or CS and take pictures. If the texture models for the buildings are available I will place them as placed in tes3. I honestly don't see it as a big deal, but again I dont know what the area looks like or what models are available. If the answer to my questions is yes then I would do it to show some progress and have something on the map. I happen to want this project to work as much as I want ST to work.

As far as NPC or interior stuff goes I can say right now that between helping Sandor and the farmland region I will not be doning any of that for some time. You sound like you would enjoy it. Do you have TES3 to look about and know who should be there?
06-09-2008, 11:18 PM,

Yes, i have TES 3 and it seems to me (having done a bit of dialogue both in TES3 and TES4) that it should not be a big issue getting the dialogue transferred over.

If you go to the Vv assets file here, you can get the heightmap, distant view, and whatnot. It allows you to go into the Vv worldspace and see it for yourself.

the problem will be that the world is 1.5x as large in each dimension. tha means buildings have to be 1.5 times their size, exterior-wise, or else new buildings have to be added between buildings.

My proposal for the nonce is simply to make each building's exterior 1.5 times the size it used to be, in each dimension.

The NPCs exist in the new worldspace. I would just need to add dialogue to each one. I don't know how to use the silent MP3 files yet, so dialogue doesn't instantly disappear, but I will learn.

Balmora without buildings is without interest, though. The Hlaalu textures and models for it exist in ST. All Confusedhrug: you need do is apply them? I don't know those mysteries. All I know is that a real TES4 Balmora with ST/Vv textures and models would be visited at least once by everyone who has both games and hears of it.

How many mods can say that?
06-09-2008, 11:28 PM,

Yes, I have TES 3 and it seems to me (having done a bit of dialogue both in TES3 and TES4) that it should not be a big issue getting the dialogue transferred over.

If you go to the Vv assets file here, you can get the heightmap, distant view, and whatnot. It allows you to go into the Vv worldspace and see it for yourself.

the problem will be that the world is 1.5x as large in each dimension. tha means buildings have to be 1.5 times their size, exterior-wise, or else new buildings have to be added between buildings.

My proposal for the nonce is simply to make each building's exterior 1.5 times the size it used to be, in each dimension.

The buildings 1.5x larger is going to look a bit odd wouldn't you say?

I tried getting @ the resources before to have a look but it is password protected.

I will need a look at the terrain and to see what the buildings look like.
06-09-2008, 11:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
[quote]The buildings 1.5x larger is going to look a bit odd wouldn't you say?
Dunno until I see them. One complaint about Morrowind was always that the exteriors were
smaller than the interiors. Could be a cheap way around that.

Quote: I tried getting @ the resources before to have a look but it is password protected.

I think nowadays that you just have to register at the download site Lightwave uses.
06-10-2008, 12:16 AM,

[quote]The buildings 1.5x larger is going to look a bit odd wouldn't you say?
Dunno until I see them. One complaint about Morrowind was always that the exteriors were
smaller than the interiors. Could be a cheap way around that.

Quote: I tried getting @ the resources before to have a look but it is password protected.

I think nowadays that you just have to register at the download site Lightwave uses.

I guess what I meant was the doors will be larger for instance.

ok. I will try to register.
06-10-2008, 12:25 AM,

Ok so I hear illegal, which I can understand

but now I see this (quoted above) and I say to myself this is exactly what I am thinking (maybe not said in the correct terms)

so how is this not illegal

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-10-2008, 12:46 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045

Ok so I hear illegal, which I can understand

but now I see this (quoted above) and I say to myself this is exactly what I am thinking (maybe not said in the correct terms)

so how is this not illegal

Enjoy
Bob

I am not a lawyer but it seems to me that making something similar to something else would not be illegal.

1. I have not seen the models but I am sure they are not exact or you probably couldn't use them in any mod.
2. Recreating a balmora in the likeness of balmora is not illegal.
3. taking the dialogue and using it probably is illegal.
4. Reusing tes3 character names might be an issue not sure, but that should not stop modding. Names are a dime a dozen.
06-10-2008, 12:58 AM,

I guess what I meant was the doors will be larger for instance.

ok. I will try to register.
I guess that is the kind of thing we need to know.