Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status ?
05-14-2008, 01:02 PM,

You can all start modding at any time. The 1.5x landmass was done a few weeks ago, with the NPCs too, anyone has been able to start modding away since then such as building things on the landscape, creating NPCs etc, they just need to claim an area and be aware of the storyline - those are areas I'm not directly involved with. The master ESM (which contains the NPCs and the landscape and Silgrad Tower's object references) are in one of the main sticky threads at the top of this forum.

We can region generate and re-texture at any stage, but in the meantime that shouldn't stop anyone from starting to work on their own area right now, or everyone will be forever held up waiting for something else to be done ...

I've moved in to a new fancy apartment recently and don't have internet yet, it should all be installed in just over a week, my only internet access is via work atm.
05-15-2008, 10:11 AM,

The hardest bit is starting without the correct models and textures, we do have the Halluu assets so I might claim Balmora instead of Seyda Need.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
05-15-2008, 10:10 PM,

There are also redoran assets as well, which means that Balmora, Suran, the ruins of Ald Ruhn, and Gnisis are all able to be worked on.

That was really my question - is there an ongoing effort to organize an ESM, organize models, and organize claims?

File-wise, you could probably just draw most of your models and such from the Silgrad BSA, regardless of whether or not your ESM is dependent on ST.

Aside from that, the only advice i have for how to get people doing work would be to start organizing claims, or advertising them better (they're in the Temp Boards now)
Just poking in
- Seniosh
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-03-2008, 03:52 PM,

Hello Vv modders!What's up with the mod??I can't wait to play it.I hope this project isn't dead.
06-03-2008, 08:46 PM,

pretty sure it is. anyone saying otherwise needs to have a reality check Confusedhh:
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-06-2008, 10:20 PM,

I think it should be restarted as a simple port of Morrowind to the Oblivion engine. The problem with the post-Oblivion model was that Kuk was the only one who really knew where that was going, as I see it.

I think there would be 10x the interest in just porting Morrowind as there was in the mod as it was originally structured.

I cannot mod worth squat but would be glad to do whatever I could to make a port work.
06-06-2008, 11:15 PM,

pre or post, it matters not. the fact is that no one ever did any actual modding work. short of the heightmap and a few interiors (afair) there was no physical work done on this, even though this mod had the HUGE advantage of being the first in BC and sharing all of ST's assets.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-06-2008, 11:48 PM,

All my time is involved with helping Sandor over @ Silgradcity. I am doing some region work on Soluthis farmland also. This mod of all mods in my opinion(as I really loved tes3) is THE mod. If this mod was actually doing something I would give what time I have left to it and alot more time as Sandor and Razor were getting closer to finishing. It is my hope that there are more folks who feel as I do about TES4 Vv who will keep it alive long enough for help to arrive.
06-07-2008, 03:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
pre or post, it matters not. the fact is that no one ever did any actual modding work. short of the heightmap and a few interiors (afair) there was no physical work done on this, even though this mod had the HUGE advantage of being the first in BC and sharing all of ST's assets.
Untrue. Several villages were created, I know (we saw them) though it was on the old map.

I would agree that little was done, but don't think that is at all relevant. The past is past. The question is what to do in the future.

Like I said, I cannot mod models (my brain just does not seem to work that way) but I am willing to help out in any way that doesn't require modeling.

Does anyone have any thoughts about whether to proceed with a "port" of TES3 (on the existing 1.5 heightmap)?
06-07-2008, 06:15 PM,

Hi all

Sorry to drop by like this, but I would realy like to see this project finished (or getting started :-) ). The lack of information on these forums (and on others of big projects) bothers me. There should be reports or status threads imo.

What keeps a lot of people from helping is the lack of information. Forums tend to be chaotic and a project like this needs structure. (that's what's holding me back anyway)

So is there anywhere where I can see what has been done so far?
(1. the hightmap, ... anything else?)

What are the diferent phases in this project? Are are you guys just doing whatever comes to mind?

Sorry for the rusty english and my direct approach. I have exams on monthday and haven't much time at the moment.

:goodjob:

NEVERMIND:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16976