Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stormhold discussion
04-05-2006, 01:46 AM,

Yeah, my main thing is I like how the foilage creeps up the buildings. Its cool.
04-17-2006, 03:50 AM,

Here is the stuff Rodan posted, maybe some of it can be used.
Quote:[i]Originally posted by Rodan[/i
Stormhold (City)
Taverns ? Blue Huntsman, Crimson Dagger, Crimson Djinn, Dirty Golem, King?s Goblin, Laughing Helm, Restless Chasm, Rusty Dagger, Thirsty Guard
Stores ? Augusticus?s Quality Accouterments, Augusticus?s Quality Merchandise, Bargain Gear Store, Bargain Sundries, Bargain Weaponry Store, Caligos?s Quality armaments, Diocletandros Galtus?s Sundries, Elite Accouterments, Germanandros?s Tool Store, New Supply Store, Pilides?s General Weaponry Store, ilios?s Finest Sundries, Rare Merchandise, The Adventurer?s Armaments, The Basic Sundries, The Emperor?s Merchandise, The Emperor?s Provisions, The Essential Equipment Store, The Practical Merchandise, The city-state Gear Store, Tibius?s Finest Provisions, Used Merchandise, Vintage Weaponry Store
04-24-2006, 02:43 AM,

Stormhold Map
[Image: stormhold6jg.jpg]
A- Slums
1- Dirty Golem-
Owned by Honest Ed. He claims he wants to help the poor of Stormhold. He gives them ?jobs? to work for The Essentials. Good place to sell all kinds of goods for a fair price.
2- Bargain Gear Store
Owned by Philo Artemi- A poor, straightforward man during the day but gets drunk at the Dirty Golem. He is always found in a corner in the Golem mumbling about evil lurking in the city.
B- Rich District
1- The Essentials
Owned by Zula-sul?s. The store is supposed to be reserved for the rich only but no one has ever seen a customer leaving with anything bought, only bags of money. Possibly kleptocrat nest.
2- Blue Huntsman
Owned by Vallen Zlyxan. It is a hotel reserved only for the rich. It costs 500 for one night but rumors say its worth it.
3- Pool of Blue Huntsman
Costs 10000 to swim in if you are a not privileged member. A large wall seperates it from the ?stink? of the Slums. The slum side is painted with various hateful pictures.
4- Zula-sul?s House
Owner of The Essentials. Some think he is a kleptocrat but any that accuse him of such never wake up that night.
5- Honest Ed?s House
Owner of Dirty Golem. The rich claim he is the most honest person they know but the poor know his true personality
6- Xyla?s House
Wife of Vallen Zlyxan but is never seen with him.
7- Bigfist Bomle?s House
Owner of Bigfist Weaponry. Says little to anyone and is always seen gaurding The Essentials at night. Loves Mead.
8- Augusticus?s House
Owner of Augusticus?s Shields. Some people have seen him at Xyla?s house.
9- Caligo?s House
Owner of Rare Merchandise. No one has ever seen any goods shipped in. Honest Ed visits frequently.
C- Imperial Post
1- Imperial Headquarters
All Imperial workings are done here. Not open to the public, except to Zula-sul and his friends on rare occasions.
2- Imperial Barracks
Sleeping quarters and armory.
3- Imperial Office
Recruitment into the Imperial Service.
4- Laughing Helm
All Imperials attend at night, and nearly all leave drunk.
D- Market District
1- Rare Merchandise
Owned by Caligo. The merchandise is iffy on its legality.
2- Argonian Armaments
Owned by Frowning-tongue, always complaining about the sneaking people in the city.
3- Augusticus?s Shields
Owned by Augusticus but runned by his wife, Kathrina.
4- Caligo?s Magical Merchandise
Owned by Caligo. Decent store, mostly.
5- Bigfist Weaponry
Owned by Bigfist Bomble. Prices are high, but no one dares to tell him.
6- The Basic Sundries
Owned by Vallen Zlyxan but is run by a servant. The servant is dumb but loves gossip.
7- Imperial Tax office
Rich people of the city pay taxes here. The Slums are taxed by patrolling collector that returns back to the office
8- Blackwood Company Office
Blackwood Recruitment office.
E- Richway
Highway for the privileged and guarded by the Imperials
04-24-2006, 02:55 AM,

Who will be Lord or Baron of Stormhold an imperial or argonian?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-24-2006, 03:44 AM,

Not all cities have to have a Lord, but Stormhold's Lord, if we decide to have one, will definitely be a Imperial. He would only really be a figurehead though. Imperial influence in Argonia is minimal. He would probably live in the Headquarters.

By the way, the ladders between building are wooden walkways. The city is elevated above the marsh and its diseases.
05-01-2006, 01:22 AM,

What does everyone think of the Stormhold map? It seems to incorporate all we have discussed.
05-01-2006, 01:28 AM,

looks good to me, different from my concept art, but that's alright
05-01-2006, 01:38 AM,

Concept art is not something set in stone. The map is different from your concept but the stilts and the trees and the bridges you concepted will be incorporated in the building of Stormhold. Concepting is the collection of ideas into something genius.
05-17-2006, 11:40 PM,

Stormhold
Stormhold lies on the northern tip of the Province of Black Marsh. Here the people seem friendly, but a strain shows in their eyes. Perhaps it is because of their proximity to the Dark Elven lands. You only know that their team, the Black Shields, fight here and are considered perhaps the deadliest team on the continent...

Thats description before Arena became roleplay instead gladiator fightning game.
How about some arena activity and legendary Black Shields in some form?
05-21-2006, 04:40 PM,

I would edit my post but it wont let me to.. complains i can edit it after 2880 mins so i post a new :/
Im not sure of the map.. cause im not quite getting.. is it built on trees ir raised from ground level? or is it in ground? cause theres these "connector pieces" running between blocks and i wonder if theyre brigdes as i guess, or streets?