Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story Arc ideas needed?
03-03-2008, 04:43 PM,
Story Arc ideas needed?
Hello all,

Forgive the ignorance for what you guys are doing over here but I thought I might be able to offer some assistance. I was just wondering whether you already had an overall story arc for the Fighters Guild i.e. the vanilla OB story arc concerned the Blackwood Company whilst other quests still remained, or whether you were still in need of one.

If you do still have an 'opening' in this area, then I have something that is already summarised and ready to implement but it's a fairly large concept that will require several scripted events and missions. I originally wrote it for Giskard's new Fighters Guild mod but it proved impossible as it required using too many core NPCs and also doing something a bit special with Daedric realms.

Let me know if you're interested.

- Steve B (IG)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-03-2008, 09:29 PM,

Well, a bit of an explanation to the inactivity of the board first: Big Grin

I'm the only person modding Fighters Guild quests right at the moment, and it might stay that way depending on various factors. The current holdup is the implementing of the third FG quest: Dealings in the Den. So far, it has required the modding from scratch (by me) of a new village, Ald Nium. That alone took a long time, so I probably won't be quite so ambitious in the future. Blush Now that Ald Nium is modded, I need to implement the quest itself. It is unfortunately quite complicated. Sad The dialogue is all written, it's just the stages and conditions and scripts and... all those things that need doing. I'm positive I'll be able to figure it out, it'll just take a little more time, that's all. So far I haven't had as much time as I'd have liked.

After it's done though, I am not going to put myself through the same situation again. That does mean I should be able to complete quests more frequently. And I hope that means I'll complete quests more frequently. Wink

I'm interested in your idea, and I'm willing to share the one I'm working on right now. Smile I won't be ready to post it for a while (I'm not sure if I'd want to post it here or on an internal board first, even), so I'll send it to you by PM.
03-03-2008, 09:34 PM,

Okeydoke,

I'll do the same with my idea then. Perhaps we might be able to meet in the middle and recruit some talent along the way but it's your call, really. After all, I'd just be a sappy writer. I'm too lazy and too useless with technical things to be able to do any out-and-out 'modding' myself.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
03-04-2008, 08:30 PM,

And Bob is slow Big Grin
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-04-2008, 08:43 PM,

Man, you took on an entire town to mod one quest TID? That's dedication.

I think it'd be nice to see your overall quest-line[TID], at least the story part of it. Especially if you want advice on it, or help implementing it. Just from the skeleton outline you have up, it looks like you have near 30 quests planned...

and Ibsen's Ghost, don't start insulting yourself. It's never too late to pick up the CS and start modding, and there are worse things in the world than sappy writing, which of course can always be edited and used in another form.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-04-2008, 09:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Man, you took on an entire town to mod one quest TID? That's dedication.

I wouldn't say the quest was the only motivation. I wanted to see what it would be like, and I have to say that I really underestimated the amount of time I would need to put into it. The last year has been a little tight and rough, but things are finally starting to lighten up a little bit. It was all still fun though (especially when compared to everything else I've gone through) and I think that's what counts.

I think it'd be nice to see your overall quest-line[TID], at least the story part of it. Especially if you want advice on it, or help implementing it. Just from the skeleton outline you have up, it looks like you have near 30 quests planned...

I can send it to you too by PM (and to any ST modders who ask, actually). Right now I'm looking at 22 quests, possibly less. That's seven for each of the Silgrad guildhalls, and one finale. I was planning on doing some Blacklight quests too, but I think those will need to wait until I get the rest done. I didn't mention this above, but I've only got the background, the Reich Parkeep story, and the finale written. I already know what must happen in the Steadhelm and Silgrad City stories, I'm just a little stuck on the how of what should happen. What I might do (now that you get me thinking about that) is just post the background info and we can all discuss those stories on the board.

The stickied thread is in bad need of updating. Big Grin Should happen eventually. Tongue

and Ibsen's Ghost, don't start insulting yourself. It's never too late to pick up the CS and start modding, and there are worse things in the world than sappy writing, which of course can always be edited and used in another form.

100% in agreement with Seniosh. Not much else to say. Smile
03-04-2008, 10:11 PM,

I think posting backstory and such would be good. There are a lot of good ideas floating around on the boards. Otherwise, it'd be great if you could PM it to me. Just from the scant outline, it seems interesting and complex.

Speaking of the outline, what program did you use to make that? It looks extremely nifty, and i'd love to make one for the Tong
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
03-04-2008, 10:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Senioshand Ibsen's Ghost, don't start insulting yourself. It's never too late to pick up the CS and start modding, and there are worse things in the world than sappy writing, which of course can always be edited and used in another form.

No, I really am too lazy! As in, I couldn't be bothered and I need to get my real life sorted before I consider doing anything technical like that, which always takes up far too many perfectly good drinking hours Smile This is why I so admire really good modders who are prepared to do everything that it takes and still run the risk of being told that their mod is s**t. I'm a writer and voice actor, and happy as I am. Thanks, anyway!

Btw, on the subject of my plot proposal which, as I explained to TID recently, was far more informed by TES4 lore than TES3 stuff, I noticed your reference to Molag Bal and Mephala in your sig. I'm paticularly interested in discovering more about Mephala and the Dark Elves. Do you have any direct lore references you could pass on to me?
03-05-2008, 03:02 AM,

I'm not really one of the crazy lore-people who can quote to you every book in Morrowind, but there are a few sites which are very very good for lore and such.

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages Wiki is a great source for lore. it's like Wikipedia for the Elder Scrolls. You can just keep clicking more and more links, and never leave. Something you may want to start with, just because it's the core of morrowind, and because it has a LOT of links is The page on the dunmer There is an article on Mephala, as well as the other daedric princes (you also mentioned Molag Bal, who isn't actually in my signature, that's the Morag Tong) Just keep looking things up.

Another good place is the Imperial Library. That place will ruin your eyes though, i've been known to read for hours. Especially of interest may be This section of the books of Morrowind, nicely divided into things like Lore, Research, Etc. Again, you an read on and on and on. And last, just as questions. My eyes hurt. i got sidetracked on the UESPWiki
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
03-05-2008, 04:29 AM,

Ah Mephala one of my personal favorites

Mephala is the Web Spinner

He/She appears as one or the other sex in order to intice the opposite.

The relationship between Mephala and the Morag Tong is that Mephala is the one who taught the Chimer to evade and kill their enemies with "Secret Murder" Hence the Morag Tong came into exsistance, because the Daedra forbid open warfare between the chimer
clans( or individuals). They formed a group which provide "writs of execution" to resolve differences between indivduals of the clans, the performer of this writ was able to do such act and be absolved from any wrong doings

Mephala is also considered the anticipation of Vivec, or Vivec's dark side (I am your father Luke)

Rumor has it that a group of Altmer discontented with life as it was, claimed themselves a new people and found a new land, Mephala's par tin this was to provide the implimentaion of the methods used in this transformation.

Hope this gives a bit of insite

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories