Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Requirements
08-28-2005, 12:29 AM,

Same here, in that my current comp can't handle PCI Express cards, and I'm definetely getting one that can. I'm looking at an Athlon64 with an ATI X850XT card right now, which should come to about 2000 dollars including the card and everything. That should keep me modding until Elder Scrolls V methinks :]
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-28-2005, 02:15 AM,

My current toy is Dell's XPS laptop (bought it last October). I have not encountered a game that is a problem for it... Actually, it is quite amusing to watch the FPS in Morrowind (with ST and more loaded) bounce around in the 160-200 range!

Get the best graphics card you can afford with as much on-board graphics memory possible. That is the key. Also, I would recommend 2 Gb of RAM and at least a 100 Gb harddrive.

Enjoy spending your money.

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
08-28-2005, 10:55 AM,

Ben Vagara: I've gotten the impression that the ATI Radeon X850 series are the best 3d cards right now, would you say that's correct? And yeah I'd say one definetely needs a 256mb PCI Express-compatible card to take advantage of everything Oblivion can offer.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-31-2005, 03:48 AM,

Razorwing: You are correct. And I agree - as a minimum.

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
09-08-2005, 10:41 AM,

I would go with a Nvidia 7800GTX. Much faster than the X850XTPE :alert:

Personally I use Quadro 4500 Cards, so I don't think I'll have to upgrade my Workstation in order to be able to play Oblivion. Smile
09-08-2005, 10:46 AM,
RE: Graphics cards...
Quote:Originally posted by Sebastien (CNA)
Currently I have retailers trying to sell me 7 and 1/2 thousand dollar graphics cards... does that seem just a little ridiculous to anybody?

:banana:

7500$ Graphics Cards?

What the **** are these guys trying to sell to you? ?(
09-08-2005, 08:34 PM,
RE: Graphics cards...
if you pay 7500 for a graphics card odds are it wont work with your computer anyways

"oops we forgot to tell you this is for supercomputers only...sorry! no refunds!"

:eek:
09-15-2005, 07:44 AM,

The problem is that when you buy a graphics card that is top of the range... well, it becomes old news the next day (more or less). So, the best thing that can be done is to wait out until the system requirements are released and if your computer doesnt make the grade then upgrade it. As they say, patience is a virtue.
"Quod me nutrit me destruit"
"That which nourishes me destroys me"
09-15-2005, 07:49 AM,

In reply to Ben's query as to "what" they were trying to sell me... well when I want top of the range I "get" top of the range - the kind that is required in medical assessments using 3D graphics in australia's leading hospitals Tongue A little over the top? Yes, very.
"Quod me nutrit me destruit"
"That which nourishes me destroys me"
01-17-2006, 05:08 PM,

i dont know wath kinda 3d card i have...

but i think it's a good one my com is one half a year old an a game like farcray runs great so i'l just tray an then il see
i will gladly sacrafice u 4 oblivon
(im still traying to bark dont worry)