Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TES4: Vvardenfell Restart
12-04-2008, 11:48 AM,

I suggest that we repeat what was suggested for the restart of Summerset Isles, which I thought was a good idea at the time - that the team proves the project is going places with a finished area showing real progress, after which the project is officially reinstated. All the information is available in the original archive.

Incidentally, Summerset Isles is approaching its first alpha, though much work remains to be done.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-04-2008, 12:41 PM,

I like that idea, seems to be a good way to show the project is not dead.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-04-2008, 05:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
I suggest that we repeat what was suggested for the restart of Summerset Isles, which I thought was a good idea at the time - that the team proves the project is going places with a finished area showing real progress, after which the project is officially reinstated.
Sounds like a good plan.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-04-2008, 05:59 PM,

I have to agree.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
12-07-2008, 10:11 AM,

I'd just like to re-iterate my point that if you do this, you should do Sadrith Mora and its offshore islands, because:

1. It has natural boundaries (water) which makes things much easier in defining the worldspace.
2. It is small, and could be done by a lone modder, which is probably what will happen.
3. Provided you can get Phitt's permission to use his Daedric ruins, EVERYTHING you need has already been created by other modders - so there is zero modeling required.

Actually, JonSatriani's Telvanni set isn't complete enough to redo everything that was in Sadrith Mora, so there would be some extra modeling needed.
12-07-2008, 10:39 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Gez
I'd just like to re-iterate my point that if you do this, you should do Sadrith Mora and its offshore islands, because:

1. It has natural boundaries (water) which makes things much easier in defining the worldspace.
2. It is small, and could be done by a lone modder, which is probably what will happen.
3. Provided you can get Phitt's permission to use his Daedric ruins, EVERYTHING you need has already been created by other modders - so there is zero modeling required.

Actually, JonSatriani's Telvanni set isn't complete enough to redo everything that was in Sadrith Mora, so there would be some extra modeling needed.

But some of the major models are done.
12-07-2008, 11:32 AM,

I have alot of the models needed though there are missing models, I will work with what I have and then approach the idea of trying to get help, I think it would be hard.

Edit: Update for you all, I got the Landmass into the CS, its 1x size [Original Vv size] and I am now starting to gather and set up the assets needed. Found quite a lot of resources Smile Wont be long before the actual development starts.
12-08-2008, 09:26 PM,

Vv has a new home

We have decided to join Phitt and the Sheogorad Mod, Me and Phitt go talking about joining together after a few people mentioned to me it would be a good idea. Phitt is recreating a region of Morrowind, so Vv wont have to do it [Less work], We get to help Phitt finish his region [Finished Mod Smile]. We also will get to use his assets [I hope] and there are many other bonuses.

Its a great way to go and means we are even closer to the reality of an actual release.
12-08-2008, 09:35 PM,

So Phitt's onboard....? Tongue

That is indeed good news!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-08-2008, 09:36 PM,

Yeah, makes sense, now the have mods have even more help and Vv has a chance of a release Smile