Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TES5 an MMORPG?
11-02-2007, 04:19 PM,
TES5 an MMORPG?
Source: WorthPlaying.

Quote:Posted by Rainier on WorthPlaying
Recently Bethesda's parent company ZeniMax Media has not only received a $300 million investment, but it has also hired Mythic co-founder Matt Firor to head a new online division. Put that together with the just revealed fact that it has registered ELDERSCROLLSONLINE.COM, and all signs indicate that an MMORPG version of The Elder Scrolls might be in development.
An interesting development.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-02-2007, 04:50 PM,

since its bieng developed by a different company... i dont think its TES5. however, if it really is true, it could be an unnumbered TES game (eg. battlespire, reduguard, etc.)
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
11-02-2007, 07:07 PM,

It's not going to be an Elder Scrolls 5, but it may very well be an Elder Scrolls. They don't usually name MMO's as sequels to the series, otherwise World of Warcraft would actually be Warcraft IV.

I'd love an Elder Scrolls MMO, but noobs suck. That's why all players should be required to take a noob test.
Lol what?
11-02-2007, 08:12 PM,

Hopefully they'll set up an RP-only server so we don't have to deal with degenerate-n00bs who don't care anything about the universe itself, but rather just getting a high level character Wink
11-02-2007, 08:27 PM,

Hopefully the building housing this new MMORPG division will burn down during development, and they will have to cancel it. :goodjob:
11-02-2007, 08:28 PM,

Meh, all they'll care about is raiding Mehrunes Dagon.

An RP server would be nice. I love lore, and I'd love to play around in it more without having to listen to "Omg, I jus raided MD and got uber lewt"
Lol what?
11-02-2007, 08:42 PM,

Maybe we will finally get to meet Rolf the Uber and im Leet. Wink
11-02-2007, 08:54 PM,

I've seen a lot of careless banter about the online thing, but with Elderscrollsonline.com being registered, my hands are just now getting sweaty.
Praise be Hermaeus, he who holds the candle to the light.

Head of Lit and Lore for Thras.
Head of Lore for Black Marsh.
11-02-2007, 08:59 PM,

Judging from the articles though, it isn't Bethesda that's developing it, but another studio with MMO experience owned by Zenimax. This leaves Beth free to develop a proper ES5 - unless of course ES5 is never made, and Bethesda focuses solely on Fallout games...
11-02-2007, 10:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Alasdair
This leaves Beth free to develop a proper ES5 - unless of course ES5 is never made, and Bethesda focuses solely on Fallout games...

Ugh... that's a horrible thought. I hope that they make TES until I'm sick of gaming (which would put us somewhere around TESXXI).
98% of forum-goers say that fast travel ruins Oblivion. Put this as your signature if you are one of the 2% that realize fast travel is optional.