Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telvanni Questline
04-30-2005, 04:48 PM,

Ah that's better. A thousand thanks, my friend. Smile
|m0use.net|
11-22-2005, 03:48 AM,

Nice to see you around again, Haplo. I hope life at TR has been good to you. I don't understand what it is you're asking of me though, I don't think I have access to more information than you have regarding the Telvanni quests?

My reply here was to Haplo's continuation of his thread on this new forum, which used to be the post above this one. Since then the posts on the old forum were added to this one. Apparantly Haplo has deleted the CMS text I replied to with this post.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-22-2005, 10:58 PM,

You PMed that editor information, about adding the quest path to the website.
|m0use.net|
11-23-2005, 04:42 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Haplo
You PMed that editor information, about adding the quest path to the website.

Aah, kk... I PM'd the info to you again.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-09-2006, 02:54 AM,

maye I ask a few questions and make some statements?

1. This is a small Telvanni group in Silgrad, similar to the many independent Telvanni groups on Vvardenfell?
  2. The objective of these Telvanni Agents is to establish an influence on Silgrad Tower politics, right?
  3. The Telvanni in the area have very few supporters in the city population besides themselves... am I correct?
    [/list=1]

and the things I think I need clarify and to have agreed or cleared up... so my statements, and please comment
    • Should/will Telvanni members from Silgrad have any rank issues with those in the Vvardenfell district...that could be an issue
      If you are Telvanni, where ever you go you are still Telvanni...
    • In the Vvardenfell Main Quest, the local G.House authorities are calling on mainland support, but mainlanders are willing to send troops but not directly attack each other on the mainland Morrowind.
      This way our main quest involving the Great House War will be a localized war and I think that is realisticallyin the best of interest of the mainlanders ingame and us modders in real life modding Big Grin
02-10-2006, 05:11 AM,

1) Yes

2) More or less, although just as much of it's usual individualistic interests play an equal role.

3) Correct, for the most part. One or two sympathizers, and maybe a Telvanni member living somewhere in a neutral part of town. But the brunt of the Telvanni force resides outside the walls of Silgrad, meaning: henchmen, grunts, familiars, and beasties.

- I don't think they will, unless some sort of script is added that messes with your rank. The quests here will act just like normal quests for factions. Do enough, and your rank raises. What problem exactly did you see arising from this?

- Of course I haven't read any other plots in detail, so I have only a foggy idea of what's going on. And part two of this reply: This is only a rough draft, with no input from modders, no suggestions, critiques, etc. etc., and only small edits of my own from time to time to fix any small errors, and to help with the overall flow.
|m0use.net|
02-10-2006, 05:14 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Haplo
1) Yes

2) More or less, although just as much of it's usual individualistic interests play an equal role.

3) Correct, for the most part. One or two sympathizers, and maybe a Telvanni member living somewhere in a neutral part of town. But the brunt of the Telvanni force resides outside the walls of Silgrad, meaning: henchmen, grunts, familiars, and beasties.

- I don't think they will, unless some sort of script is added that messes with your rank. The quests here will act just like normal quests for factions. Do enough, and your rank raises. What problem exactly did you see arising from this?

- Of course I haven't read any other plots in detail, so I have only a foggy idea of what's going on. And part two of this reply: This is only a rough draft, with no input from modders, no suggestions, critiques, etc. etc., and only small edits of my own from time to time to fix any small errors, and to help with the overall flow.

well... for example... you want to be an archmagister...
can you be an archmagister in Silgrad Tower since it is an informal independent group?

on Vvardenfell you can since it it council ruled.... but out in Silgrad the Telvanni are just their mages and a whole retinue of hirelings, thugs, and novices...right?

otherwise regular quests stuff wouldn't have any issue I don't think....
02-12-2006, 02:13 PM,

As to the editing, I have not interfered in any way. Yer man here has to do this in his own way and get to a point where editing is needed. Right now it is early stages and I think we should let him get on with feeling his way through things until he is ready for a critique - he did ask us to be patient.

My feeling ws that he simply put up this thread to give us a chance to see that something really is going on...

All the best Haplo, and ty for the show...rm
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
02-12-2006, 04:29 PM,

I love how you have found a way to cram the Telvanni into an area where they arn't supposed to be, they are my favorite house you know. Big Grin

A few concerns though. Because these are just a few telvanni, and they're not a very powerful establishment in the area, do you think its a good idea for them to be fully joinable? Since they will be more limited than the other houses, it seems unfair to cut you off from all other house quests just for the telvanni quests.

Considering the traditionally internal nature of the telvanni, it would seem odd for the council to support an infiltration plan like this. I wonder if instead it could be a couple of high ranking telvanni simply spearheading the operation on their own. I think this would work well. You could still have all of the quests you have designed, but since they are so far away from the rest of there house, they could get away with making you an "unofficial member". It would carry all of the same effects of being a real member, but nobody outside of the people you are working with would know about it. Infact, using this setup, you could do infiltration and spying missions on the other great houses! :banana:

BTW, would youu be interested in some telvanni architecture? If there is one thing I want to make other than the redoran stuff, it would be some telvanni stuff. Big Grin
02-13-2006, 12:11 AM,

Actually, Caligula, that's an excellent idea. About the 'unofficial' membership. Not only does it make it easier, and more believable, it also solves the problem posed by Kukulza. That will also solve the problem of them being overly involved and too powerful.

I'll edit it accordingly for that in a second.

Thanks for the input :-)
|m0use.net|