Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tenmar Wall Concept
01-02-2009, 12:45 AM,
Tenmar Wall Concept
Hi folks,

In conversation with Sachiel, he mentioned that it might be cool to create one big, special rock that basically serves as the Tenmar Wall cliff-town as mentioned here: [WIP] Tenmar Wall .

In Sachiel's words:..."a much more specific piece of asset might be made to make the town look and feel more organic and natural with steps that lead exactly to where they are supposed to lead."

He's absolutely right. My ideas were to use the rocks that he supplied and play around with them until they worked...doh! So if someone can devise a more complex cliff-town featuring the following then we're in business:
  • A cliff or natural 'wall' that might lead on to other models.
  • Space for InsanitySorrow's models to be placed, thus marking out the exterior portion of the settlement (about 2-3 of these will be sufficient).
  • Areas where trees might be placed in order to give it that authentic 'thick jungle' feel.
  • Slopes and steps carved from stone that lead around to the Bandit's 'Den' set into a cave further up.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-02-2009, 12:37 PM,
RE: Tenmar Wall Concept
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
  • Slopes and steps carved from stone that lead around to the Bandit's 'Den' set into a cave further up.
Are you thinking a 'one-piece' model to serve this purpose or a mesh comprised of a single step, which can then be placed multiple times? Personally I'd go for both, but for the former, whoever models it is going to need a top down plan to know where to fit it in (and therefore the dimensions to model it).
01-02-2009, 12:50 PM,

Hi.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about one model. Details could then be added by additional models that could be used in more diverse ways. And yes, one would need a basic layout, full fledged concepts at best.
Not sure if it's not too ambitious, but I'd like to see how far we could push that idea.
01-03-2009, 12:44 AM,

Can't some of the buildings be built into the wall, or is that against lore?
01-03-2009, 12:51 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by LPS_
Can't some of the buildings be built into the wall, or is that against lore?
Could be guard posts or something of the sort, lookout positions, maybe.