• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text for Loading Screens [Previous thread]
07-09-2008, 08:01 PM,
Text for Loading Screens [Previous thread]
Check this thread as well.

sandor

blue[/HR]
Hi ya all.

I have made 44 loading screens for Silgrad Tower. After running the loading screen trough Razorwing we have come to the point where we would need text for them.

You can see the loading screens Here.

Im postng this thread on Razorwings suggestion so you can post your ideas for text on the loading screens, please post any and all ideas you have.

Thank you in advance.
07-10-2008, 07:22 PM,

Thanks for starting the thread captain-ultima, and for your excellent work in creating these load screens :goodjob:

Personally I have zero experience with load screens, but it's evident one can only use so many characters for the text to fit into the box. Does anyone know what the character limit for load screens are? If there isn't a hardcoded restriction, which is the longest character length Bethesda used?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-11-2008, 08:15 PM,

A lot of MW lore maybe? I'm not very familiar with the MW lore, but a few sentences must be easy to take from it..
[Image: 2copy.jpg]
"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"
07-12-2008, 01:28 PM,

captain ultima, these are very lavishly illustrated and very interesting piece of art. What filter did you use to get the sketchy effect?

Well about the quotes, they must represent what is happening in the picture, e.g (the goblin one) "many goblin tribes reside in dark gloomy sewers, be cautious and pack sufficient potions" something like that but too corny. keep it simple.
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
07-12-2008, 02:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by BusterWolF
captain ultima, these are very lavishly illustrated and very interesting piece of art. What filter did you use to get the sketchy effect?
I used the Find Edges filter, then Changed Mode to Color Dodge. If youre interested in making loading screens like mine, you should check the quide's Here

Quote:Originally posted by BusterWolF
Well about the quotes, they must represent what is happening in the picture, e.g (the goblin one) "many goblin tribes reside in dark gloomy sewers, be cautious and pack sufficient potions" something like that but too corny. keep it simple.
this is a good tip even for other's who try making text for the load screens. That quote for the goblin load screen is kinda good, if ya won't mind i think ill use it.
07-13-2008, 08:53 AM,

go on ahead friend, im glad something i said sparked you imagination. Smile
Maybe it's intuition
Like in your eyes
And there it goes
BusterWolF
07-19-2008, 11:12 AM,

I had hoped more folks would have submitted loading screen texts but that seems not to be the case, so I'll read up on what I need to know and then do it.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-19-2008, 03:03 PM,

ok, i will contribute some thoughts that could be bounced around.
Caveandmineentrance.jpg- Dismal caves hold many valuable treasures and resources. But one must be aware that valuable things do not come cheap.

Load_Crypt.jpg- Cryps coffers many valuable secrets and items for the deceased. One might find there own "inherited items" but be aware some "people" might not know who you are.

Look, these may not be very good, but if you like em i can try to think of more.

For now, what do you think? too cheesy?
Maybe it's intuition
Like in your eyes
And there it goes
BusterWolF
07-19-2008, 09:41 PM,

I would have few, for the glass vein:
The glass vein is a rare form of mineral that can be found in caves such as glass mines. This glass is often turned in to very powerful armor.

For Clagius Caro:
Looking to buy a house in Morrowind? Seek out Clagius Caro in Reich Parkeep - he might have someting for you.

For furiusandmoriavalodius:
If you are in need of new armor or weapons Furius and his wife Moira have the best selection in entire Steadhelm.

Those are some nice lines Razorwing, would you like me to create an .esp for adding the lines or have you already done that?

Little off topic:
Speaking of Furius, Moira and Ildean. I noticed they sell only armors of Oblivion, would it be ok if I create new Levelled Lists and put them to sell Morrowind armors?
07-19-2008, 10:00 PM,

For the glassvein I would suggest a comment about being able to mine the glass veins. Something like, "Use a powerattack with a pickaxe to mine glass veins." or something along those lines that lets the player know they can mine the glass veins. I would also probably make some type of alchemy comment on the Hackle_loplant. I would give you a Bethesda example, but I currently dont have power in most of my house due to a storm yesterday (and the computer that has all my elder scrolls stuff is of course, in the nonpowered section of my house).