Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bell of Alkosh?
10-10-2007, 02:18 PM,

Well, the next step would be: Specificaly, who are the NPCs, what are they like? What locations are used, what models are needed (please go easy here), What scripts are needed, what are the quest stages?

A step by step plan will make it far easier to impliment.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
10-10-2007, 09:19 PM,

Yay.

The NPCs...
1. The whole Temple of Alkosh (wherever you'd make it fit), full of Templars. They are honorable and quite peaceful...But they are knights, so they wear unique armor and carry fine weapons. These priest-knights shall welcome the player in the Temple, when he brings the Chosen. They all talk alike with "Blessings of Alkosh" and in the end honor the player with the title of Aaliter, making him a templar.
Think they should be talkative, but revealing no secrets of the Temple to the player before it's time.

2. The Chosen. I'm not sure what the main problem of the Confederacy is...the smugglers? The tribe wars? The Chosen is a key to solve it...BUT now i think that he should probably be a warrior of somekind, not a politician, cause then Akatosh's help would be kinda...difficult. Anyway...there's a young Chosen, who has no idea of his fate, and there's the player to find him and convince him to go to the Temple (probably by saying "You're the Chosen of Akatosh!" Smile ).

3.There are obstacles...Most probable - they are jihatterr, cause a khajiit would never harm neither a Templar, nor the Chosen.

Now... There are two ways.
1. Dead Templar -> Note with Riddles -> Info from a native -> QUEST ITSELF
2. Dead Templar -> Note with Riddles -> Info from a native -> Temple -> QUEST ITSELF

If the player has to come to the Temple...he'll probably give away the armor of a Templar. Means he's not one of them and renriji will want attack him...

But if it's the first way, then wearing the armor the player cannot be attacked by a khajiit if he doesn't attack first.

So the plan will look like this:
1. The player finds a dead body (some accident happened) in Templar armor.
2. He finds the note with clues of the Chosen's whereabouts.
2.1. If the Player is a khajiit, he knows what to do, if not, he consults any khajiit around.
3. a) The player follows the clues to a distant place (the Chosen may have problems from the very beginning, so there might be a fight)
b) The Player goes straight to the Temple of Alkosh, giving away the armor, and getting the ultimate info on the Chosen. Then he searches for the Chosen.
4. On finding the cat, the Player has a lot of problems on the way back as well. Bandits, monsters, sandstorms (We can wait till the storm's over right in this cave...).
5. Back in the Temple the Player is given a title of Aaliter and a set of armor. He's now a Templar of Alkosh.
Vae victus!
10-14-2007, 04:35 PM,

sorry to pop this in but i just had and idea to turn this into a good questline, what if the chosen has someting to do with keeping the "lunar lattice" in a balanced state, (jode+jone = Mane+chosen) and a group known as the "servants of Ahnurr" who feel that the last four of fadomai's children: niri, the moons, azurah and lorkhan were falsely given powers of mortals and are undeserving of thier status. so they plot to break the lattice through either killing the mane or chosen at first, but then decide to tear a portal through so he may cross from the void. so they have to work out what they are doing to do this, eventually culminating in the discovery of a dark ritual using smuggled and stolen greater welkyd stones and large daedric sigil stones forming a chaotic magical wave that tears the fabric of reality, causing a horde of monsters to bleed through and something weird happening to the moons. But the final quest is to close this portal with the chosen, and there you see the leader going insane and being twisted into a wierd creature, with a booming voice insulting him and all of creation, (if u look from a certain direction into the portal all u see is an infinity pattern the thing behind it the "madness of the void", u close it but that still leaves part of Ahnurr in tamriel with the leader, so you have to soul trap the leader into a specifically crafted soul gem and destroy it in the temple, using some sort oof purification ritual which shunts the soul gem back into the void.......(that was alot to say), but of course its all in the contempoary stage and can easily be pused into another quest.

(link to lore)
http://www.imperial-library.info/mwbooks...ther.shtml
....and now it begins
10-15-2007, 12:56 PM,

Damn...

I really wanted to have it all ready for the grand introduction, but...this situation forces me to reveal the secret of our team and the global idea we came into.

We formed "The Order of Massar and Secunda" ®, which has everything to do with the LL and the khajiit as well... The official legend is almost ready in detail...i can only say it's great and adds to Nirn perfectly.

I'm just asking for some time, so i'll post a new thread dedicated to the Order and put all the info i translate immediately. We all think TEC will gain a lot if you add M&S...

Thanks for your patience and attention too...damn i'm nervous... Smile

P.S. Just trust me...The Order of Massar and Secunda is like nothing you've seen in TES yet...
Vae victus!
10-16-2007, 12:33 PM,

dam it my telepathys been gud Big Grin

although i did like my idea for this questline its easily ported,
ill start concepting designs for this faction immediatly
....and now it begins
10-23-2007, 10:49 AM,

I keep thiking we need a more Khajiit name for these 'Templars', which feels too Imperial - what do you think?

I this vein consider that the name Khajiit has a meaning something along the lines of the Walkers ... so how many 'Templars' would there be? If they are a small group they might be called the 'Hours of Alkosh' - or maybe the 'Pride of Alkosh' - as in a pride of Lions ... but that does not allow a name for a single 'Templar' ? Any better ideas?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
10-23-2007, 08:46 PM,

Well...what about Aaliteri? As in Brothers of Alkosh? Claws of Alkosh...Paws of Alkosh...hehe...
Vae victus!
11-03-2007, 10:20 PM,

just wondering since alkosh is the god of time, y not have chronomancers (see shivering isles for proof they cud exist) and somethgin bout reversin the effects of the dragon break?
....and now it begins
11-03-2007, 10:31 PM,

Massar and Secunda are chronomancers...they know what will happen and they know what they must do. They just can't predict the actions of certain meri or daedra...though, they can go through time and matter to fulfill their duty.
Vae victus!
11-23-2007, 09:04 PM,

Chronomancers sounds impressive - I suppose that all gods (and god-parts like the moons) will have a degree of 'time-sense' although not the full strength of Alkosh.

But I wonder what you think Lhorkin's speciality was (apart from general troublemaking and such Wink ) because I think that you would find it useful to research and define that and his original powers, and then consider how masser and secundus were created and for what purpose which might give ideas about what each could be capable of imbuing into their avatar - then consider how those powers might have become altered by his demise and other events, then wrap it all up in Khajiit-thought and speak! Not necessarily in that order.

Confused? ?(

One thought that comes through is that sometimes it is the soundless note that defines the music.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman