Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hist Temple and Beyond
06-06-2009, 10:09 PM,

Drew this up this morning. More visual dovelopment for the outside of the temple. I am thinking that it will be a maze that people must pass through if they wish to lick the hist tree. I want to add more reliefs on the walls depicting the legend of the hist tree, and sithis, etc.
edit: Here are some color swatches and some more sketches.
06-07-2009, 07:28 PM,

Wow! You're good at drawing.

I like pictures #1 and #5 the best, as the architecture color combinations. I'm leaning more toward #5, since the green in the stone walls would go nice with what looks like sculptured Argonian/lizard heads decorating on the walls in the first picture at top left (lizards are mostly green, after all). But only a little green should be in the walls, and then have moss and gunk making up the other green on the walls.

Koniption

EDIT: A maze sounds good. Can be sort of like a test for the Argonian who wants to lick the Hist tree.
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
06-07-2009, 08:43 PM,

Nice drawings! I personally like the colour scheme of #4 best - the red would contrast the green of the jungles/swamps, and would probably be quite refreshing.
06-07-2009, 09:21 PM,

1 or 6. the others seem too saturated
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-08-2009, 02:31 PM,

Lovely stuff! =)

I'm crap with colours and I can't tell much difference between red/greens/browns but my gut instinct is towards #4.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-08-2009, 07:27 PM,

Lol, we must be confusing sHAdowgAme with all our differing opinions on the color choice. But overall, I think picture #1 got mentioned the most, so I'd stick with that. It's your typical grey stone wall, but a lot of times it's the generic stuff that's tried and true that works the best.

It can always be retextured later, if we want a different color, and the retexture should be pretty simple to do, too.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
06-08-2009, 09:01 PM,

I think it's neck and neck between #1 (KP and LN) and #4 (NO and IG) actually but I'll concede defeat to that sound reasoning. Big Grin
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-08-2009, 09:22 PM,

4 was too bright and warm in my eyes, i see everything in BM as being dark, desaturated, and green. 1 is mostly gray but still has some green shades, which is nice.

this is a nice collection of various Indonesian complexes that might provide inspiration.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-08-2009, 09:29 PM,

I didn't know that Angkor Wat had rivals... =) . If it hadn't been for medical issues stopping me, I might have been going there this year.... Sad

Thanks for the links, LN! I liked Phimeanakas because it's more like a ziggurat than a pyramid: http://www.womeninthebible.net/images/3...._of_Ur.jpg . Hopefully, sHAdowgAme will still be around when we get to work on our capital city of Helstrom some time....
06-09-2009, 08:41 PM,

IG: Don't worry, I was planning on modeling the temple in attachable peices so that it would be easier to customize in CS. Thank you for the direction on the Hist Tree and Sithis as well. I noticed there is a depiction of him in the Dark brotherhood Sanctuary (attached) pictured as a skull within a cloud, with the night mother and her children below. I think ths motife is pretty awesome, and I am thinking of using this symbol but replacing the night mother with a depiction of the hist tree. But well see what happens as I develop it further.

Deeza: Thanks, Lore Monkey

Dozent: You are so kind

Koniption: I like 1,2,5, and 6
but I'm gonna keep going with it before I model.
Don't worry about me being overwhelmed or confused.
Everyone's input helps. Even if someone does not like what I'm doing.

LN: Thanks for you input, and for the reference photos. They will be helpful.

I havent worked much more on this, but here is some more before I work some more on it.