Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hist Temple and Beyond
06-09-2009, 10:08 PM,

That could work nicely, I guess. Is that moss on the walls? It's now starting to look pretty old, overrun and filthy....in a good way. :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-11-2009, 06:00 AM,

here's some more progress
06-11-2009, 07:26 AM,

Looks sweet! :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-11-2009, 01:09 PM,

This is good. With some more details, clearer lines and level work this could look quite professional.
06-11-2009, 06:31 PM,

I've seen some of SG's completed stuff. It's HIGHLY professional! =)
06-12-2009, 01:03 AM,

more progress. On some of these, I am playing with the idea of having the roots of the Hist tree overrun the temple/maze/ruins.
06-12-2009, 06:24 AM,

Hmm,you are an awesome concept artist.Congratz,your work is lovely.

`Senten
06-13-2009, 05:38 PM,

Cool stuff! :yes: It works particularly nicely in #2, 7, 11 & 14 IMO.
06-14-2009, 03:57 AM,

Thanks guys, I started out doing a 3d sketch of the walls, and am gonna retry tomorrow and go with the first concept instead. Looking at the walls in the second drawing, They just don't make much sense to me. I was thinking of using the SI tile set and retexturing it, but I was not sure if or mod was going to be dependent on it. Frankly, I would rather make a new set.
Also I don't know if this question belongs here, but how far along is this mod? Is anything playable? I would like to try it out. Some of the screen shots looked tasty
06-14-2009, 11:44 AM,

Yes, we're making use of SI so feel free to use whatever you wish from its resources. :check:

Regarding progress, this is the thread that you need to check: Path To Glory . It hasn't been updated for a good long while, however and I can summarise things as follows:

Atm, we're working towards a playable beta region. This is because many big WS mods fail to submit anything of note and people lose faith because their hard work is bearing no fruit. This means that I aim to have five fully playable regions up and running, preferably by the end of the year.

At the moment, we have two regions generated and, when sandor gets the Everglades done (which should be any time now), it will be three. Portions of these two regions are landscaped i.e. floating rocks, dungeon entrances and so on have been dealt with and it's looking like mainly me who's sorting those out. Only about 5 out of 16 settlements remain to be done, both small (Hixinoag Village) and large (Soulrest) but some of these are already being worked on. Lots of interior work needs to be done although I tend to find that I can do a single interior within an evening so I find that quite do-able. The biggest problem with this, however, is AI work as it's potentially very time-consuming but fortunately we now have InsanitySorrow on hand to sort that out....we just need the interiors setting up.

The big problem as I initially saw it would have been dungeons but I have an agreement with Edolsian, a prolific and skillful dungeon creator, to make use of his existing dungeons so that, in such dungeons that are not used and created specifically for quests, we will have a series of dungeons that will be ready-made and can be tweaked and made more applicable to BM. I therefore don't anticipate this will be a big task.....only the quest-specific dungeons will be really carefully crafted.

Therefore, interiors (with AI) and quests are probably our biggest goals at the moment. That's a good thing because I enjoy quest-making and so do many modders so hopefully the likes of ThePriest909 can get in on the act and boost development to make our end-of-year target come to light.

As far as playable content goes, we actually have two inactive quests at the moment. One in Rockguard and one in Sloughpoint. One of them goes back to the older team. I'll be speaking to B2M about those. In the meantime, it might help to have a quick run through the maw of the mortified rootworm near Sloughpoint or the ruins of Mokumalata on an island in front of the Jungle region. Both of which involve a little bit of hack-n'-slash action but not much in the way of quests. Quests will be fun to do but I'd like to make sure we have a totally solid foundation first. I'm going to be sorting out some more dungeons once I've got the Faction details and item audit out of the way....