Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Imperial Guard Guild
07-16-2006, 06:02 AM,
The Imperial Guard Guild
Here is where we are going to post and predict on what we shall do for the Guild of Guards.

Quest givers:

Duke Vedam Dren

Frald the White

Percius in Ald-Ruhn

2 more for the lower ranks going to decide where to implant them.

1-14quests should be good for these guys.

Quests could be: Guarding an Imperial/Dummer Noble, Delivery of weapons/booze, killing smugglers/bandits, solving a murder, Ambushing Criminals, Stopping a Great House battle, grouping up with other guards to hunt down some Druglords/slave traders.

Benefits from the guild free repairs from the barracks, discounts on faction goods, when raising to General get 2 guards that take your orders grand reward a small piece of land a Manor/2servant houses/crops/blacksmith/trader
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-16-2006, 02:06 PM,

here is the thread where I basically gave the background info...
basically the Legion and Fighters Guild on Vvardenfell have been severly weakened and they need reform. But the Duke is gonna do more than that, he combines them into the Imperial Guard Guild. This is a way to preserve peace since guards aren't warriors, they protect, not attack. War is inevitable but this is one of Duke Vedam Dren's attempts to keep the peace, poor guy.

as for the two other lower ranks... how about Hrundi from Wolverine Hall and Darius from Gnisis, since Hrundi was still loyal to Percius Mercius after Sjoring took over, also Darius has lost most of his Legions since the Dunmer are rejoining their Redoran and Orcs as well or going to Valenvaryon.

that's funny... from the fighters guild - Imperial and Nord
from the Legion side there's - Nord and Imperial Big Grin

and also the manor... how about on the land just south of Ebonheart... with a small garrison, etc. and maybe a small dock?
07-16-2006, 04:47 PM,

Seems like there would be good potential for some kind of internal conflict with the two factions merging. Doesn't need to be anything major but maybe things like needing to convince a former legion quartermaster to divert resources to an undersupplied former FG branch and generally keeping any schisms from threatening the organization.
07-16-2006, 04:56 PM,

exactly, good quest-idea csksc!
07-16-2006, 05:53 PM,

Yea kulu loving the ideas. Yea ebonheart or somewhere in the Ascadian isles would be awesome.
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
07-16-2006, 06:02 PM,

seeing as how Helseth is trying to extend his influence with his Morrowidn Legions...

I'd say Balmora Fighters Guild, Ald-ruhn Guild of Fighters, and Wolverine Hall Guild OF fighters will be
Balmora Guild of Guards, Ald-ruhn Guild of Guards, and Wolverine Hall Guild of Guards....

and Ebonheart will be their HQ I guess...

seeing as how Duke Vedam Dren DEFINITELY doesn't want Helseth poking his nose into Ebonheart... it's a slight power-struggle... between power-hungry and cunning Helseth, and peaceful and honorable Duke Vedam Dren....

oh by the way Ebonyknight, the Vivec Fighters Guild manor will be rented out to make a store
here's the link
07-16-2006, 06:07 PM,

Ding!

We could have for one of the final quests if Duke is still in power helseth will have a fight for ebonheart if he isnt he could put one of his cronies in his place. Lets say a Ship Bearing the Redwolf of Helseths sets anchor in Ebonheart decks. Theres 20 people on deck and they are going to bum rush the castle to try and kill DuKe Vedam Dren. You and couple of guards have to fight them?
07-16-2006, 06:19 PM,

Too bad the Duke and Helseth are both Hlaalu. On the other hand, Hlaalu is mostly just a bunch of backstabbing liars...
07-16-2006, 06:21 PM,

whoa that would be awesome! great idea man

except ONE thing... Helseth doesn't want to openly try to attack Vedam Dren cause he'd lose popularity with the people...
Duke Dren is a Hlaalu, respected by Redoran and Telvanni, known for his ability to keep the peace wthout violence, and also known to appease all parties while keeping Imperial interests....

he has had the Cammona Tong duck down a bit, helped the Temple regain control of over-zealous Ordinators, tried to bkeep ebony-rights and issues from exploding into war, etc. and now oversees the Grand Council...
he basically is known for being a great guy... so if Helseth, who is only supported by majority of Hlaalu, and powerful minority of Dres, attacks him, everyone will get pissed at Helseth...

so I think these will be anonymous attackers... however you will be told to trace their root and ou will find that it was Helseth though you can't prove it!

EDIT: (in response to Axen)
yea they are... except Duke Vedam Dren is a bit more honorable... Helseth doesn't mind assassination or sabotage... infact that like his specialty... war is also for him a political tool... he is basically a ruthless king...
07-16-2006, 06:31 PM,

Man Helseth is pretty powerful now.

He controls Mournhold now pretty much.

RoyalGuards turning into Royal Army

Cammong Tong

House Hlaalu

House Dres

Plus his personal guard and spies.

So ya maybe there could be a spie in Ebonheart you have to root out and some thugs hiding waiting to jump and stab The Duke?