Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Road to Silgrad (revisited)
06-22-2007, 01:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Aah, the road to Silgrad Tower... I have many fond memories of that one. I spent a good fifty hours just getting the scripts to behave like I wanted them to Big Grin And around a hundred more hours on the rest of it.

One more reason to leave it (or RW could ban us all Big Grin ).

No realy i would just change it a little. It is a good quest, and right now we are mising those.
06-22-2007, 02:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by agram
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Aah, the road to Silgrad Tower... I have many fond memories of that one. I spent a good fifty hours just getting the scripts to behave like I wanted them to Big Grin And around a hundred more hours on the rest of it.

One more reason to leave it (or RW could ban us all Big Grin ).

No realy I would just change it a little. It is a good quest, and right now we are mising those.

You think he would :yes: :eek: Big Grin thats alot of hours

So if we change it a "little" bit, we can make sure to give RW the credit for giving us the inspiration Big Grin

Exethalion:

So more boat less mage, thats fine I would agree with that, pretty much every port town within reason should have transport to the mainland
SO as it is now we could have Khuul, Ald Velothi, Gnisis, Gnaar Mok, Hla Oad, Seyda Neen and Ebonheart which could serve as transport to the western mainland and we could add the mages transport (as you described) to places like Sadrith Mora, Ald-ruhn, and Balmora

Of course we don't have to use all of the places I mentioned, it is just what is available

So then onto what we do with the current "Road to Silgrad"

I have had issues in the following areas, some of you may or may not have the same issues

#1 When attempting to get the Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw I get the bounty
#2 After the last guard is killed and I approach the gent's who are suppose to take me to the mainland they will not talk with me
#3 random CTD (this usually happens 1 out of 3 trys when I enter the area)
#4 1 out of 3 times, the battle to the south between the Death Dealer and the Imperial guard, doesn't happen, they just stand their

thats bout it

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-22-2007, 03:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
So then onto what we do with the current "Road to Silgrad"

I have had issues in the following areas, some of you may or may not have the same issues

#1 When attempting to get the Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw I get the bounty
#2 After the last guard is killed and I approach the gent's who are suppose to take me to the mainland they will not talk with me
#3 random CTD (this usually happens 1 out of 3 trys when I enter the area)
#4 1 out of 3 times, the battle to the south between the Death Dealer and the Imperial guard, doesn't happen, they just stand their

thats bout it

Enjoy
Bob

I'll try it in game, but #1 is strange. I played MW about 20 times (dont say anything, i know), and never got bounty. Does ST even have something with that quest? You could ask Rw, maybe he knows something about it.
06-22-2007, 03:33 PM,

I believe this happens because its in the same cells

Why it happens randomly I do not know (this is the problem I think)

The bounty should not occur until the player kills the first guard, but "randomly" you get the bounty just by entering the cell

And I just remembered the other time it happens is when you enter that area to kill the Netches, sometimes one of the Netches is hovering over the water in cell -8,3

Enjoy
Bob

06-22-2007, 03:42 PM,

This is one more reason to move it in a new clean cell, with no other NPC/guards/quests.
06-22-2007, 05:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by agram
This is one more reason to move it in a new clean cell, with no other NPC/guards/quests.

Agreed

Here is my suggested location, their is absolutly nothing going on in this area and just 1 cell north is a smugglers cave

06-22-2007, 05:48 PM,

Yes we could use this cells.
06-23-2007, 10:02 AM,

Right, so the basic transport is set up, and the location of the start of the quest, so what for the actual quest? I like Bob's first idea at the top of the thread.
Will start working again for TES3 Project soon....sometime.
06-23-2007, 07:06 PM,

Thanks

That suggestion would take lots of work, it involves the Legio Argonis and their would be several smaller quests involved with the Legio in order to gain their trust and favor before the battle with the pirates could take
place

Also I thought this: Once the player has completed the quest the player receives the Maria Daria as a reward. Complete with crew.

please see this thread for more info

Legio Argonis

Enjoy
Bob

06-26-2007, 07:09 PM,

In regard to yout first post in the thread, what if a PC gets to Silgrad before intitializing the quest, either through swimming, magic or through one of the fast-travel methods we described? I think that we shoukd not prevent or discourage this, because as agram said, it would take away Morrowind's freedom factor. Perhaps we should make a second opening to the quest, starting with the Legio Argonis rather than the pirates, so that the quest can start at Silgrad as well as Gnaar Mok. Or even if one route puts you on the side of the pirates and the other on the Legion.
:bananarock:
Will start working again for TES3 Project soon....sometime.