Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Temple of Two-Moons Dance
07-24-2006, 10:04 PM,
The Temple of Two-Moons Dance
Quote:The Temple of Two-Moons Dance in Torval has for many hundreds of years been the finest training ground in all Tamriel for warriors of foot and fist. The masters teach students of all ages from all parts of the Empire the most ancient techniques and the most modern variations, and many a former pupil has graduated to great fame.

Quote:"Gi'Nanth, you will come to understand that the tempering of your body must attend the tempering of your mind, and there is a prescribed order of training we at the Temple have designed over the years in concordance with the way of Riddle'Thar. I had reached the highest level, where my power and skill were such that even by supernatural, magical means, few could ever could ever best me in weaponless combat.

Quote:"When our last Master told some of us, myself included, that the time had come for us to leave the Temple or become teachers, there was a great festival of celebration. The Mane itself deigned to visit and observe our ceremony. As we were and are a Temple of philosophy and combat, there were contests of debate and competitions in the Temple's war arena, not only among the elite few, but open to all students.

Quote:"I fought eighteen competitions in a row, besting all. The crowd gathered in the arena knew of my prowess, and gave polite, unsurprised applause at the end of each fight. As much as I focused on my own battles, I could not help noticing that other competitions were receiving more and more attention in the arena. The spectators whispered among themselves, and more began drifting away to see something that was evidently more spectacular and unusual than my unbroken string of victories.

Quote:"One of the most important lessons we teach from the Two-Moons Dance is the lesson of rejecting one's vanity. I understood then the importance of achieving a personal synchronicity with one's body and mind, of rebuffing outside influences of no importance, but I admit I had not accepted the lesson in my heart. I knew I was good, but my pride was hurt.

Quote:"He left Torval early the next morning to return to his homeland, and I never saw him again, though I've heard people saw that he's become a priest and a teacher. I became a teacher as well, for children just beginning their training in the Two-Moons, as well as the elite. And I make certain to bring my best pupils to see the how the unlearned fight, so that they might never forget."

Archpriest is highest rank I believe... master is sec... the temple is open to all and have all kinds of servants... Gi'Nanth was/are/where one of the Masters/teachers of the Temple

Riddle'Thar
(Two-Moons Dance)
The cosmic order deity of the Khajiiti, the Riddle'Thar was revealed to Elsweyr by the prophet Rid-Thar-ri'Datta, the Mane. The Riddle'Thar is more a set of guidelines by which to live than a single entity, but some of his avatars like to appear as humble messengers of the gods. Also known as the Sugar God.
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
07-25-2006, 12:29 AM,
RE: The Temple of Two-Moons Dance
The Elsweyr native religion! This is priceless lorewise, good find(s). :goodjob:

Should we have it as a joinable faction?
07-25-2006, 03:31 AM,

I say yes, would be very unique, but I would want exorcisms and some unique benifits
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
07-25-2006, 03:34 AM,

Free healing and curing of desert diseases. Speaking of which, desert diseases? DA, could you start a thread, I'm to tired to think of a good OP for that.
07-25-2006, 05:16 AM,
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
The Elsweyr native religion! This is priceless lorewise, good find(s). :goodjob:

Should we have it as a joinable faction?

they should be joinable yes.... but you should only be able to advance to Master...

One of their gods indeed... Khajiits Gods: http://til.gamingsource.net/__gods/elsweyr.shtml
09-10-2006, 06:18 PM,
so.. how are they going to be with? simply fight, fight, fight? or some more unique?
09-10-2006, 06:19 PM,

I think a the quest line should have a good deal to do with refining the body and mind, and grant some lesser powers to symbolize this.
09-10-2006, 06:31 PM,

Perhaps some quests to calm mad or insane khajiit, or other people in trouble?
09-10-2006, 07:06 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Captain
Perhaps some quests to calm mad or insane khajiit, or other people in trouble?

why everybody come with these mad Khajiit's?

DA @ something ala this
09-10-2006, 09:21 PM,

PERFECT.

Make a spell casting animation and make a lesser power.