Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Test of Disorder [Open]
06-06-2008, 10:49 PM,

If you're putting different scripts on them, then yes, you would need to create 12 separate activators in the CS, which is one reason you *might* want to reduce the number a bit. And it would enable to you name them different, to make things slightly easier for the player.

I see what you're saying though, the picture before showed only the pieces which HAD to move, not every piece which could move, and there is only one route because of the layout. I get it thoroughly Big Grin (i think)

Man, a 40% lever? that's brutal.

I'll get to the animated pipes this weekend, because i finally have no other work to do, so hopefully you'll be able to make smooth progress.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-13-2008, 06:09 PM,

Ok, nobody told me that getting an animation out of nifskope was the hard part!

I won't be around for a few days once the weekend hits, but i'll see if i can at least get you pipes with nice pivots. THAT much i was able to do.

Maybe i can steal an animation from a door or something Confusedhrug: cause my copy of 3DS is on strike right now.

And i'll reread all the FAQs that i didn't get the first time Big Grin
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-13-2008, 06:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Ok, nobody told me that getting an animation out of nifskope was the hard part!

I won't be around for a few days once the weekend hits, but i'll see if I can at least get you pipes with nice pivots. THAT much I was able to do.

Maybe I can steal an animation from a door or something Confusedhrug: cause my copy of 3DS is on strike right now.

And i'll reread all the FAQs that I didn't get the first time Big Grin

I'm aslo quite unable to access internet in the following days until tuesday, because we go traveling and I'm planning to take my laptop with me, there might be wlan connection nearby, we'll see it then.

about my experience with models and stuff so far
I made one sword without collision, i didn't know how to map textures and i didn't know how to resize it Big Grin

theres not much hurry with the animations, i got other things to do atm
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
06-13-2008, 06:51 PM,

Looks like a nice mod Hegemege Smile.
06-13-2008, 09:31 PM,

I thought to myself, how hard could it be to steal the animation from a door, copy and paste the branches into my .nif, and link it up?

VERY.

All i have so far is a pipe with a good pivot point, and some nice block collision (all you need really)

Good that you're not in a hurry, cause this is going to take a long time...
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-13-2008, 09:36 PM,

Quote: Good that you're not in a hurry, cause this is going to take a long time...

How about a snickers? Smile
06-16-2008, 04:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
I thought to myself, how hard could it be to steal the animation from a door, copy and paste the branches into my .nif, and link it up?

VERY.

All I have so far is a pipe with a good pivot point, and some nice block collision (all you need really)

Good that you're not in a hurry, cause this is going to take a long time...

Why do we need door animation

EDIT

I remember why now

oops

Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-17-2008, 03:12 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hegemege
I would like the support beam, the same model can be used for pipes in ceiling and the pipes on ground floor, I'll make new layouts, the previous was just one of my quick ideads Smile

What are those dark boxes in the discussion thread screenshots, which are under the levers?

I would also like to see a Isometric view of it, not the top view

I don't have MW to check it from TES 3 ST version Sad

EDIT: I changed the layout(totally new tileset for me so I'll test everything and I think that it works now very well. The pipes are going to run on the bottom floor and when they hit some geometrical order, a loud unlocking sound plays and the door will open.

I thought also the pipes see (S)

I like this idea, though not similar to the es3 version it does do the intended test

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-25-2009, 06:41 PM,

Reason: No new development
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]