Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The search for the next mayor of... Ebbedin!
06-16-2006, 04:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Lets what you can do with the stock oblivion trees, they may end up looking pretty good, and we can always change them later.
Thought you guys might find [EMAIL=http://www.fluidinteractive.com/graphics/planta/index.html]this [/EMAIL]interesting - especially this part:
Quote:LICENSES
Planta is free for non commercial use. There are two commercial licenses, one with full source code and one without.
I don't know how much use it would be, but it's darn cheaper than Speedtree...
Do what thou Will shall be the whole of the law
06-16-2006, 05:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Franc Kaos
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Lets what you can do with the stock oblivion trees, they may end up looking pretty good, and we can always change them later.
Thought you guys might find [EMAIL=http://www.fluidinteractive.com/graphics/planta/index.html]this [/EMAIL]interesting - especially this part:
Quote:LICENSES
Planta is free for non commercial use. There are two commercial licenses, one with full source code and one without.
I don't know how much use it would be, but it's darn cheaper than Speedtree...
Planta is completely useless to us.
06-16-2006, 07:02 PM,

What is "planta"?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-17-2006, 05:32 AM,

Does this look like Bitter Coast to anybody? Imagine the trees less dead, some ferns, and green water instead of brown water.
06-17-2006, 05:52 AM,
mayor
Congrats !!

Hope your office is long and prosperous

I thought the elections were over ?( :lmao:
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-17-2006, 03:43 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Caligula Superfly
Does this look like Bitter Coast to anybody? Imagine the trees less dead, some ferns, and green water instead of brown water.

Didn't all the bitter coast in TES3 trees have foliage?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-17-2006, 10:01 PM,

most of them did, but not all. there are not enough trees in your picture for it to be bitter coast imho. there was always that kind of damp "its going to rain soon" feeling in the bitter coast...
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-17-2006, 10:27 PM,

Well, these trees arn't final. I know normal Bitter coast trees usually had scattered leaves (that were HUGE), its just that any normal OB tree's leaves and branch configuration simply don't match up. Morrowind landscape in general was over the top an unrealistic, almost anything else just looks wrong. Those "trees" in the shot are actually bushes, scaled to about 20x their normal size. Big Grin Same goes for the water, I alctually used the "muck pool" thing from the ST model list. There will need to be a replacment for that too.

Thats why I mentioned less dead, since that screenshot looks so dead right now that a lava flow could have ran through the place and you would have never known it. Big Grin I want to work on giving it some green.

Most importantly though, I am going to try and tweak some textures for use in Bitter coast regions. Right now, I blended about 5 different textures together to get something that looks "kind" of like the old ones. Thats way to tedious to ever be used realistically for the rest of the mod. Also, one of them spawns grass, that looks WAY off. (Ill need to fix that)

The hard part is that I would like it if one of them spawned some ferns like many of the current textures spawn grass. We need some form of grass if we ever want bitter coast to look lively enough to play, since wilderness objects are placed much farther apart in OB than MW, and trying to gvie our areas MW style density is A: impossibly slow, and B: to hard on the polycount. So does anyone know if such a thing is possible? Ill poke around, but if someone knows a link...

EDIT: Found out how to add grass to textures (that was easy), now I just need to see if I can use custom models. Grass is generated by speedtree right? hmm
06-17-2006, 10:49 PM,

I could be wrong but I think the grass in Oblivion is also created by SpeedTree. I'm not sure if it would be possible to make grass appear on land textures like with the existing textures, but generating them should be. I've got that one. Big Grin I haven't had much time left over to experiment with it though, but if you'd like to try I can PM you more information about it?

I thought of something. I remember seeing TES3 land texture replacer packs on Planet ElderScrolls. Perhaps there's a suitable one for Bitter Coast in there you could try? If you want, that is. I'm not saying those would be the best ones, as there might very well be better textures out there on the net.

Edit: I wrote the above before your edit =)
Angel mired in filth
06-17-2006, 11:03 PM,

Hmm, well, I think I have it figured out that is. Here is a quote from the wiki:

Quote:Grass objects are associated with land textures. They have no Havok physics data and cannot be interacted with by actors. To create a new grass object, press the Insert key, or right-click and choose New in the Grass tab of the Object Window. Double left-click any reference in the Grass tab to open its base properties window. Press the Add NIF File button to choose a grass model to load.

By the sounds of that I should be able to apply a custom grass object to a new landscape texture (though it didn't say how, probably listed somewhere else). Also, I opened up the grass tab, and it looks like I can pull in any old nif for use as the grass?! That can't be right.. a field of dock poles? Or better yet, human hands! :lmao:

Ill keep looking into it.

Quote:I thought of something. I remember seeing TES3 land texture replacer packs on Planet ElderScrolls. Perhaps there's a suitable one for Bitter Coast in there you could try?

Good idea. I was intending to take some stock OB texture and tweak them since I found some that were close, but ill check to see if any of those work better, as long as the detail isn't too low.