Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These computers, can they run Oblivion?
04-26-2007, 12:29 AM,

Darn those are PCI Express cards. Here i am stuck with AGP! Maybe i should update my motherboard and just call it a computer re-vamp.

I gots 2.16 GH AMD Athlon 2700 motherboard, which isn't quite recommended for OB. Furthermore, my video card is an ATI-Radeon 9600SE, with 128 MB ram. Considering my current setup (also 1 GB system ram) Any suggestions for an overhaul? As i understand it, AGP is outdated, but my motherboard can't do PCI express.

I really need a setup that can handle Oblivion on more than very low graphics.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-26-2007, 12:36 AM,

Ahhh, I just assumed you had PCI-E.
Here is a AGP, it looks good.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814150210
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
04-26-2007, 01:05 AM,

thanks, I'll look into and also see if I can get some financial help from mi padre...
I'm sure if I do well on my AP, SAT, finals tests he would actually consider it...

so look at RAM and graphics and get good grades Big Grin
04-26-2007, 01:09 AM,

Woah, reading the reviews, someone upgraded from the exact same card i have, said the difference is incredible. I think i'll look into this. Looks like a pretty good deal too, a chance to give my system one last chance before i gut the entire thing for TESV.

Thanks. I probably wouldn't have found this. I figure if it got 128 reviews, and 99 of them were excellent, it's a card worth looking into.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-26-2007, 01:29 AM,

yea I know, I was just reading the reviews, apparently this is awesome... for about $200 which i assume is actually a reasonable price, but this is probably not a *new* card, but whatever, it does its job well right?
04-26-2007, 01:42 AM,

First review is from december, so it's a 3 month old card. Pretty good. Also, it's $164, so it seems that it does a good job for sub $200. It's a card you can use for the next couple years, before TESV comes out

So yes, reasonable price, good card. I've just gotta get it OK'ed by my dad
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-29-2007, 01:33 AM,

Well i ordered the card, so i'll let you know how it turns out!

I'm hoping it's a good as everyone says it is. Plus i'm going to be running a dual-moniter setup, so hopefully it'll be able to handle the load.

Good luck with your computer!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
05-03-2007, 02:29 AM,

KuKuluzA it is one of the higher end of nvidias next to newest line up which stuff like that works out quite good for instace before i got my HIS radeon x1800 gto my radeon 9800 xt was next to max settings on oblivion for a card 2 generations old so dont always count old card out Big Grin

heres a recomendation aswell :yes:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...2&NoMapp=0

and if your price range is say a little over 1200$ a base model of this would do wonders
http://www.alienware.com/product_detail_...KU-DEFAULT
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
05-03-2007, 03:43 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Green @nt1-n00b
KuKuluzA it is one of the higher end of nvidias next to newest line up which stuff like that works out quite good

KuKuluzA ? that's a brand of graphics cards?

at least it's not KuKuluzer... sounds a lil like kukuloser
05-03-2007, 05:29 AM,

:lmao: xD
wow i musta had a double take with the U's that or the fact that i could call myself a caffeine addict with severe lack of caffeine. No the brand is Nvidia... i hate them amd/ati is much better cause i like it sharp crisp and not smoothened visual rendered styles
Sincerly
Green Cutlass