Poll: Thieves Guild in Silgrad Tower as...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Honourable Thieves following Jim Stacey's ideals
0%
0 0%
Sometimes violent thieves, in it for the profit.
0%
0 0%
One branch of the guild following Jim Stacey's ideals, the other doesn't care much about honor/rules
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thieves Guild
04-07-2008, 09:05 PM,

A Small Role for the Thieves Guild as we knew it in Morrowind

A larger role as it is proposed for the Bal Molagmer with respect to what TID has idea'ed for the Fighters Guild

As we saw in the document TID referenced, the Thieves Guild as we knew it in Morrowind is no more, most likely it has deteriorated into small bands of thugs at worse case

For this (keeping in mind what TID is doing) a few quests for thieve guild persons can be done as the player will not be able to join but can get a few jobs from the acting guild steward

TID also has a quest in which a member of the Bal Molagmer is held captive, (wheather the NPC captive ends up dead or alive) this would be a good point for the player to be introduced to the Bal Molagmer

for example, after this quest (TID's FG questline) the player will be approached by a man, who will entroduce himself as (XXXxxxxx) and tell the player he has been watched and a bit of info can be given about how the Thieves guild is taking a turn for the worst and the his (the NPC's) boss could use some good hands for some different kind of thieves work... if the player chooses to join then he/she can be given several quests and move up the ranks just like any other guild and when a certain point is reached he/she can be introduced to Gentlemen Jim and given the "special gloves" and be sent on some (hopefully) very challenging and rewarding quests)

thats my idea of how it can go

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-07-2008, 10:43 PM,

Alright I'll keep all this in mind as I think up the quest line. I'm about to go to work and it's easy to just think there because I'm just moving boxes all day. Not much thinking anyway so I might as well do it there.

Thanks for the info! :goodjob:
If I'm smiling you shouldn't be.
04-08-2008, 12:27 PM,

I think the concept of coming up with our own stories and characters within the Dunmer/Morrowind framework is more fun than building on characters and stories from The Elder Scrolls III. I can understand the appeal of building directly on what was laid down in the game, like exploring what happened to Gentleman Jim Stacey, because we all love that game and its characters. But I don't know... I think I'd have a hard time feeling that that character was 'mine', it would feel like I'm continuing someone else's idea instead of my own, and that would diminish some of the creative fun of it. Referencing stuff from TES3 is of course another matter, but still, I think part of the fun of our mod is that it's set in another part of Morrowind entirely - giving a familiar, yet different and fresh, view of Dunmer culture. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-08-2008, 05:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dephenistrator
Alright I'll keep all this in mind as I think up the quest line. I'm about to go to work and it's easy to just think there because I'm just moving boxes all day. Not much thinking anyway so I might as well do it there.

Thanks for the info! :goodjob:

No problem

But remember Jim can't stay Sad

Enjoy
Bob

04-08-2008, 06:17 PM,

I guess my feeling on this is that I'd like to see some old friends from Morrowind with the following caveats:
  • Not in blatant violation of established lore, and
  • the backstory's gotta rock!
And (only in IMO), the better #2 is, the more forgiving I am of small deviations from #1. Taking Mr. Stacy as an example: when the PC completes the TG questline, Gentleman Jim mentions visiting family in HF. In my odd little world, that means he did go to hf, but there's no reason he can't be drawn back to MW. That's where criterion #2 comes in. Big Grin

Just my farthing's worth,
Steve
04-08-2008, 07:28 PM,

With respect to your mentioning him visiting family I agree

But he is in retirement

I had thought to only bring him back for the purpose of passing on the torch once again and giving a little history of the Bal Molagmer to the new Hero

Let see what Ideas Dephenistrator comes up with for this maybe they will fit all the criteria

me thinks :yes:

for a quick glimps I thought you we saying your FARGOTH's worth

:lmao:

Enjoy
Bob

04-08-2008, 08:38 PM,

:lmao: So did I, I had to read the sentence again. God I play this game too much.

But, yeah I see what you mean Razor, it would be better to give ST it's own Identity. I will keep that in mind.

On a side note: I may be a little slow on making anything this week because I just got the expansion to command and conquer III. (I love that game too!)
If I'm smiling you shouldn't be.