Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threat of Oblivion?
10-14-2005, 03:42 AM,
Usurpation ?
Depend a lot on the identity of the villain.

If he's related to the Camoran dynasty, he's elven and descend from those who ruled all of Tamriel with human as slaves.

In that case, you can be certain some faction in Morrowind would allign with him.

With the void left by the disparition of the Tribunal.. even if Vivec would still be alive, he no longer has the power confered by Kagrenac tools. That's a major power shift.

Telvani have always been prone to the old ways

Redoran would no doubt seek a new *pure line of action* (they used to be alligned with the Tribunal

Hlaaly would no doubt side with imperials

There is also the question of the Nerevar. IMO my view is the emperor could not let him loose and he may be that guy in the cell when you starty the game.

Another possible view if this: No doubt the Nerevar can be seen as alligned with Helseth and the emperor, if I was the bad guy I would assassinate him - and there start your chaotic scenario in morrowind

no doubt the political space would become as fractured as the empire itself and all out war would break out

We are not dealing with a weakling. He no doubt has influences everywhere

It is not known either what happen once the doors are closed. Daedra that passed through are probably still on Nirm, same for the undeads.

Long ago assassination attempt on the emperor were made by the Morag Thong. No doubt this is still the case and Morrowind is heavilly involved

You may want to check out my thread on the Camoran usurper. It happpened once, it can happen again

Cheers !

Astarsis
10-14-2005, 03:51 AM,

if the Nerevarine is in Jail... ugh... :no:
my Vvardenfell mod conceptual storyline is gonna be upset.... I'd have to rethink A LOT of stuff.... :poorme:

Big Grin so I've got 8 or my fingers cross and connected my thumbs... hope Nerevarine stays in Morrowind.... :yes:
10-14-2005, 05:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
if the Nerevarine is in Jail... ugh... :no:
my Vvardenfell mod conceptual storyline is gonna be upset.... I'd have to rethink A LOT of stuff.... :poorme:

Big Grin so I've got 8 or my fingers cross and connected my thumbs... hope Nerevarine stays in Morrowind.... :yes:

Well, if you know the lore about the Nerevarine, he's the reincarnation of the half-god Nerevar Indoril, so he's a rather powerfull being and a magnet for anything important.

So either he would work against whoever killed the emperor, or be their sworn enemy

The only case where I see him siding with the bad guy is if ALL the Daedra are suddenly allied against Tamriel. In Legend they never were a common front. In fact they are utterly foreign to each other and Boethia, if I'm not mistaken is Merhunes Dagon sworn enemy.

Nerevar is a champion of Both Boethia and Azura, and in his previous incarnation had the blood of one of those (I think I recall it was Boethia)

Merhuness seem to be the prime force invading Tamriel: Clanfear, Dremora... that's his signature. I don't recall if the Daedroth are his or follow Molag Bal (who look like one)

So the first thing Nerevar would do is jump at their throat.

He isn't. We are.

So either we are him, he's dead or he's captive somewhere

I'm 100% certain you can't come up with a reason why Nerevar would not get involved.

The last hypothesis is that whoever the enemy is, he's attacking simultenaously everywhere, and then, I guess, you can immagine a horde of Daedra led by Telvani mages and Nerevar having trouble handling them... seem a bit far fetch

The most logical hypothesis is either he got assassinated, he got captured back by the empire (most plausible) or the Daedra managed to enter our plane, capture him, and imprison him in Oblivion

Whatever the case I can't see him stay on the map

Seriously, by the end of TES3 I was plowing through anything. At some point you can imagine Nerevar reclaiming his Godhood... but that is also the reason why the Empire would which to imobilize him (capture him)

If you were emperor, would you want a loose cannon ?

If you were Helseth, would you want someone more popular than you ?

Leaving the Nerevar in the story create a very complex Nexus of event.

Unless of course you imagine something reallly big, such as Molag Baal walking the earth in Molag Amur, with legions of Daedra at his command, that would be the scale of things keeping Nerevar busy

But then, that doesn't make for a nice city of Silgrad, does it ?
And that doesn't make the region interesting for the player,
All of Vardenfell would be devasted

You just hit auto-generate and filled the whole area with dried up lava.

I mean, a Daedra lord is a Daedra lord Big Grin

Nerevar is even more powerfull than Vivec, his soul is tied to Dedric realms, he's a natural half god, not an artificial construct due to Kangrenac tools and Lorkhan power

I think the term used is Pandomai, there was one other like him mentioned in the book. Vivec may be a third one, but I think he's different. He was fed by Daedric blood, not born of it.

In any case they say Nerevar was the strongest of the Pandomai

So that give you an idea

It's like playing a game of D&D (pen & paper) and letting someone play Thor. Very soon all other players will start complaining Tongue

That's what Nerevar is, the equivalent of the son of Odin...

Of course feel free to do whatever you like. I'm just teling you it won't be very credible. It's always touchy putting strong characters like that in a game. Why do you think we never saw the Night Mother ? She's one of the most powerfull character in Morrowind, yet, nowhere to be seen ! Hey !

You could also assume he knows of the event and went himself to Oblivion to try to find the prince, and left a regent behind, or just left Helseth in charge

That would make sense too. Oblivion is gigantic. He can very well search forever, perhaps stay in telepatic contact with Divayth Fyr.

But I really can't see him sitting on his ass alloof while the world get destroyed ! I'm sorry I don't know anyone who played Morrowind that way Tongue It doesn;'t fit his style.

Feel free to imagine a storyline if you want. But bessides, what should the Nerevar be like ? Is he a skoo,a addicted Khajit ? A bearded nord ? Some savage orc with bones in his nose and lips ? It's unlikely to match what the player was.

And honestly, I don't really see any positive outcome or atmospheric gain from putting the Nerevar in that new Morrowind.

The way it is in the lore, it was the Nerevar event. The hero reincarnated. He appeared, and somehow disapeard.

It's very easy to make him go away with the current situation, and very hard to explain why he's sitting there doing nothing.

Think about it !

Cheers !

Astarsis
10-14-2005, 04:07 PM,

It would be cool if we made a whole new lore just for silgrad.
I think it would be pretty funny to make the lore and organise it that all fits together.
But it would be a better idea to take some things from Morrowind that affects silgrad at this state.

Just a thought. Could be too much.

~1337:elk:
10-14-2005, 07:05 PM,

It's a very good idea

I know I'm doing it for Rihad/Hammerfell

I dig as many book as I can on Redgards, Hammerfell, etc and I sort of see real-thing in the real life that fit the style and expand from there

that's how real writter do it. even in heroic fantasy. Tolkien heavily borrowed from legends

I think one thing you should look at is all the shadowy stuff, the Pandomai, the 6th house, the dwemer, Resdayn because you want to sort of figure out where Silgrad come from, where does the region fit in history. and what make it different.

I know for one thing that, while MW Silgrad looked a lot like Vardenfell, due to technical limitations, according to lore the local fauna (and even flora) should be quite different.

The weird 2-legged lizards and the giant insects were not native of Vardenfell but a product of the long standing blight. Some may either have become real species by now (the kwama especialy), or maybe they disapear after the blight is gone. most mutated animals can'tt reproduce. According to lore Vardenfell is full of blight spawned monsters and deformed animals. I think a post blight Kagouti would go back to having 4 legs, and a smaller head.

Likewise a lot of the weather is caused by the volcanic ashes and the blight. According to Arena that region was snowy. even in the original plans it was. But the original plan had the blight expanding and the weather changing. but it's too hard for current technology.

so Silgrad could look a lot different. especially since there is a big mass of water, a sea between the two.

remember that tes3 is not the real scale. the real scale is something like daggerfall. that sea is... I don't know, perhaps as big as the black sea in europe. It would cut off the climate a lot. It also explain why Solstheim has it's normal weather. IMO Black light should be snowy, thought more temperate than Skyrim, and Silgrad would be warmer, but not as much as Vardenfell was.

even in vardenfell, the further away from the blight the more normal it was. anyone recall ascadian isles ? it was pretty regular stuff, a lot less mushroom stuff. another thing blight created, of course.

Of course this is just my perception of things according to the lore.
10-15-2005, 01:08 AM,

I don't see the Nerevarine as a factor in the Silgrad Tower mod. I imagine jurisdiction over his fate falls on the Vvardenfell team, so maybe that's something you guys want to discuss with them.

As for animals in Morrowind we had a poll about that some months back, and the decision can be said to be to mostly rely on animals from Oblivion but mix it up with community-made ones where appropriate. Ephegies of TES III animals would definetely constitute being appropriate in my opinion, but I personally don't see that as a priority for the simple reason of ninja monkeys (or whichever name Bethesda uses for levelled/random monster lists in TES IV). By using ninja monkeys whenever possible it's a piece of cake to bring in recently-made TES III animal ephegies as time goes on. For example, let's say you add a "beach" ninja monkey to all the beaches early on, then six months later a guy joins our team and models and animates a mudcrab. Click-click-click, it's added to the beach levelled animal list, and now mudcrabs spawn on all beaches.

So, yes I do think it's important, but there are far more important things we need to look at first. Interior tile sets for example are extremely important as they're the base for most modding projects and will let current and future modders on our team start creating those interiors.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-15-2005, 12:13 PM,

Yeah, it's better to do models and stuff before thinking more about that.
I just thought that the lore in oblivion would be strange in silgrad.
Not more than that.

~1337:elk:
10-15-2005, 07:20 PM,

It's a sensible direction

Leaving the Nerevar shrouded in mystery will make the TES4 player the happiest possible. Whatever HE imagined while playing TES3 become the truth

As for animals, using TES4 stock will be true-to lore, as I said, anything on Vardenfell is considered in lore to be the result of the blight and considered monsters. yep stuff like mudcrab is probably natural, and some of the cratures could have crossed the waters

Not sure how the animal distribution work in Oblivion, the random engine can place them apparently, probably spawners similar to nunja monkeys

It's how I plan to do it for Rihad too, placeholders and spawners, in fact placeholders for all objects so I can adjust/retexture latter and add more diversity

Interiors ? I thought they dropped those in oblivion, going back to Might&Magic6 Door-dialogue-cannot-enter-house Tongue (just kidding)

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I don't see the Nerevarine as a factor in the Silgrad Tower mod. I imagine jurisdiction over his fate falls on the Vvardenfell team, so maybe that's something you guys want to discuss with them.

As for animals in Morrowind we had a poll about that some months back, and the decision can be said to be to mostly rely on animals from Oblivion but mix it up with community-made ones where appropriate. Ephegies of TES III animals would definetely constitute being appropriate in my opinion, but I personally don't see that as a priority for the simple reason of ninja monkeys (or whichever name Bethesda uses for levelled/random monster lists in TES IV). By using ninja monkeys whenever possible it's a piece of cake to bring in recently-made TES III animal ephegies as time goes on. For example, let's say you add a "beach" ninja monkey to all the beaches early on, then six months later a guy joins our team and models and animates a mudcrab. Click-click-click, it's added to the beach levelled animal list, and now mudcrabs spawn on all beaches.

So, yes I do think it's important, but there are far more important things we need to look at first. Interior tile sets for example are extremely important as they're the base for most modding projects and will let current and future modders on our team start creating those interiors.
11-08-2005, 12:06 AM,

I would think that Daedric Gates would open all over Tamriel, a disaster striking an entire continent.... that's what I think....

not all animals on Vvardenfell are blight creatures... I mean some were diseased by it, but they were all native...
11-08-2005, 04:11 PM,

Too bad, kill off the son, say he was evil, become full dictator of the land. :yes:
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )