Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threat of Oblivion?
11-08-2005, 04:56 PM,

I killed King Helseth in Tribunal, but nobody seemed to care... hmmmm, becoming Emporer.... hmmmm..... then I could move the capital back to Skyrim where it rightfully belongs! Big Grin

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
01-08-2006, 05:04 AM,

Asseuming that portals are supposed to be oppening up all over tamriel as opposed to just cyrodil, I think that their existance should definatly be recognzed, though not in any way tied to the main Silgrad Tower quest line.

I would like to see an oblivion gate location in ST that would act as a misc quest if you have not yet compleated the MQ, though what you would do with it would have to be based on how the gate related quests work in the OB main quest to stay consistant. Perhaps you could have different things happen to the gate affected area after you finish the MQ based on if you did the quest or not? Nothing drastic, just a farm or manor that would survive the attack, or something like that.
01-08-2006, 07:57 AM,

I don't think a gate opening in ST would be logical at all. The gates are opening in Cyrodil because that is what they are attacking. Just like TBK said, it would need a strategical reason to open a gate way out in the Morrowind province.

I can see if they were going to attack ST for some reason, like an assassination attempt on Valderon (Lord High Councilor of Silgrad) because of the threat of a possible military aid to Cyrodil. That would be a good reason. A possible misc quest.

-NR
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-08-2006, 04:58 PM,

Ah, so its been mentioned that gates are only appearing in cyrodil? Then it would seem a bit far fetched to have a gate of any kind in the mod.
01-08-2006, 05:23 PM,

I don't think the devs have really said anything about the only places that the gates have opened, as they haven't released much information about the main story. Seeing as the story is based in Cyrodil, and that it is based off the death of the Imperial emporer, I have come to think that the battles will be against the empire, and not any other province. So, there would have to be a good reason to open a gate to attack ST.

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-09-2006, 03:01 AM,

Hmm, I was under the impression that the gates were a deterioration of the boarder between the deadric realm and the mortal realm, not part of a deliberate attack. If that is the case, nobody would really be able to control where gates opened up. So even though daedra may be attacking the empire, they are simply taking advantage of the gates, not creating them for strategic purposes, though I may be wrong.
01-09-2006, 03:39 AM,

I think they've said the gates open up randomly all over Tamriel. The one in the city from the E3 demo is of course scripted to appear there as per the main story, but I think the notion is that that portal opened randomly as well.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-09-2006, 05:17 AM,

It sounds plausible as well. I think we will need to play through the main quest before we can really conclude on the addition of this quest though. :eek:

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere