Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To those with faith, and yet I returned...
06-20-2009, 07:19 PM,

yep we're on the same page, just miscommunicating, that's what offered the forum for.
06-20-2009, 07:23 PM,

Okay so now you got it? I'd rather we had a new forum. That's just my 2 cents... Ysne, what do you think?
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
06-20-2009, 07:39 PM,

post teams just have a forum section that is hidden from view and/or pass worded. im not really sure why you'd need a whole forum - especially since im a big believe in letting people who are not in the administration voice their opinions (and not just because im an opinionated bitch either). if you mean it as a private forum for the whole team... well, i dont really see the point in that either. this forum is private enough for the time being imo, the real "public" is the BSF.

heres the thing: beggars cant be choosers. i know of two teams that recruit based on a qualifications process - TR and ST. both those teams are years old and receive a fairly steady flow of applicants even with the qualifications process, and even when they dont they have enough team members to continue work at a reasonable rate. you, and most other teams, arent quite so lucky (or, more accurately, not as well established). imo it is better to recruit openly in the beginning, allowing everyone to contribute with the project. after you have significant progress then you can start worrying about putting qualifications in place. having to answer questioners, provide samples of your work, or complete X number of claims before becoming an official team member is very off putting to newbies, because it implies (or even states outright) that the team expects your full attention and will not take you if you are not skilled. someone who is interested in just making one interior or modeling a piece of armor is probably not going to bother with the process.

having closed off forums that the general lurker cant visit also hides progress. if a person cant see wip models and claims and discussions they might think that there is nothing going on... which is once again more hurtful to a newer, less developed team than one which has been around for years (TR/ST). the only way to counteract that is to run a great PR campaign, and PR is a full time job.

if youre going to have a new forum (which im personally in favor of, never was a fan of this big forum sharing organization thing), i'd say make it public and accessible just like this one. thats your best choice, in my opinion.

P.S. Adviser, me? heh.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-20-2009, 07:42 PM,

Opinion has been noted and accepted, advisor bitch Big Grin (JK, people with good critique are rare...)
So Starr: create a new, public forum...
I'll keep the app process for later then.
06-20-2009, 07:45 PM,

i would create a general "new members post here" thread like the other teams have, with the same basic questions. people will still do it but it comes off more as "we want to get to know you" as opposed to "we are judging your worth"
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
06-20-2009, 07:47 PM,

Okay...
(My "Juding idea comes from my time with the ExGS ... please forgive me =) We had high standards...)
06-20-2009, 07:49 PM,

the forum IS public right now... every one should be able to sign up.

Just start registering peeps, as for the boars I'll start with the basics, based off of crew teams. (modelers, coders, story, announc, ETC) if you have a specific list, please just tell me.
06-20-2009, 08:08 PM,

What ya think this was for, mate?
06-20-2009, 08:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Shiver-Tail
What ya think this was for, mate?

for... being a roster?
06-20-2009, 08:11 PM,

Those are considered devs... add them, please.