Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Razorwings?
07-23-2007, 05:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Quote:Originally posted by llamaranger
or maybe Gloomwing is Razorwing's secret crime fighting alter-ego!

Edd

I don't know about that. Wit the name of Gloomwing, it sounds like his secret crime doing alter-ego. Besides, doing crimes are always more fun. Big Grin

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time oh noooo..(don't do it!)
......theme song from Baretta (1975 tv show starring Robert Blake)......
:lmao:
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-23-2007, 06:31 PM,

The way I see it, you can walk up to a store. Inside the window are a bunch of expensive items you really want. You can either stare at it and wish you could have it, making it all the harder on you, or you can come back later and take it. Just make sure you wear gloves so they can't get your prints, and make sure there are no security cameras or any incriminating evidence.
Lol what?
07-23-2007, 08:22 PM,

Yes, I found that account a while back.

The second incarnation of Razorwing
07-23-2007, 09:28 PM,

Oh yeah, I remember that now. Well, we're just gonna need to kill the second one then so we have no more mixups.
Lol what?
07-23-2007, 09:56 PM,

Razorwing got banned so he made Gloomwing. My guess is if the Razorwing from Silgrad Tower created the account Razor Wing, then he did so either in case Gloomwing is banned, so he could have a new handle unassociated with his past work but still familiar, or both. Or maybe he just likes to create a new account every so often.
|m0use.net|
07-24-2007, 12:23 AM,

Wow, why did Razorwing get banned?
07-24-2007, 02:08 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Haplo
Razorwing got banned so he made Gloomwing. My guess is if the Razorwing from Silgrad Tower created the account Razor Wing, then he did so either in case Gloomwing is banned, so he could have a new handle unassociated with his past work but still familiar, or both. Or maybe he just likes to create a new account every so often.

Likely someone who just happened to have come up with the same name. Reading their accounts and posts (and looking at character screenshots), they seem like different people

EDIT: Yep, I'm pretty much convinced about that.
07-24-2007, 03:02 AM,

STALKERS!!!!

yeah i vaguely remember some razorwing who got banned so then Razorwing became gloomwing... but there is another razor wing too... watch out
07-24-2007, 04:59 AM,

The story behind my ESF account switch from Razorwing to Gloomwing is that I had racked up a 75% warning level on the Razorwing account. My crimes break down like this:

[blockquote]Archeopterix warned on Dec 26 2004, 10:49 PM
Deliberatly misleading people in an attempt to get around forum policy (even though it didn't make any sense)
"I said my idea wasn't about multiplayer to avoid moderators merging it with the main multiplayer discussion thread."

tegger warned on Sep 16 2004:
Advocating illegal activity: "Actually, hehe... if you take a photograph of a page in a magazine, the copyright of that picture belongs to YOU regardless of who owns the copyright to the material in the picture. So the screenies I've seen, which are indeed taken by a digital camera, are perfectly legal. I'm sure the photographer knew that he didn't do anything illegal. If you were to scan the page, then it'd be a copyright violation. Check out the Silgrad Tower forum, btw... it's at http://www.silgrad.com as usual. No particular reason *hint hint*"

Freddo warned on Mar 18 2005, 08:01 PM
Overriding the autocensor
"For f*cks sake get back to the Oblivion general board!"[/blockquote]

I stayed on the straight and narrow for the remainder of 2005, thinking that a long streak of good behaviour would convince the moderator staff to lower my warn level. It was a precarious existence because it's easy to slip up and break one of their many rules, and then I would have been banned forever. However, Freddo made it clear to me in late 2005 that they would never lower my warning level because I had debated with Tamriel Rebuilt on their forum. It's worth noting that my debates with Tamriel Rebuilt never garnered a warning. Just the same they wanted me gone for that reason, and were just biding their time until they had a half-justified reason to issue the concluding warning.

If you're banned you're banned forever and can't start a new account or anything. It happened to Qarl back in 2005 if I recall correctly. He never left for real but had to use proxies and couldn't acknowledge that his account was run by the same person as we know as Qarl.

However I came up with an inventive idea. They had no such rule for warned but yet unbanned accounts. I didn't want to give up my Razorwing account, but at the same time I couldn't continue working there with that Damocles' sword hanging over me. Starting a new account was the lesser of two evils, so I did that in the beginning of 2006. Presto, my warn level became 0% and my problems with them moderators were over. Wink

I've also noticed the "Razor Wing" account on ESF, but it has no affiliation with me and from what I gathered by the person's posts he didn't intend for his nickname to be associated with mine. I would probably have chosen a name like that, had I not been cautious that the moderators would ban me even if my account switch was 'legal'.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-24-2007, 05:37 AM,

Hahaha, I guess the one from tegger is fairly reasonable, though if its a legal loop-hole I don't see how they can fairly get mad at you for that (laws might be different in US from Europe though). The other two were just plain trivial though. They ought to do something productive and try banning some of the really stupid obnoxious people... hehehe, can't stand those people in the screenshot thread... everytime I open it I want to throw myself out of a 10 story building... damned winged mystic elves...