Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Razorwings?
07-24-2007, 10:06 AM,

Oh yes those damn winged pixies... Ah well get to Eye Candy forum, not much wing Smile
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
07-25-2007, 09:26 AM,

I think the photo taking thing is illegal if the copyrighted content is the focus of the image. Dubious law I know, but the "loophole" is there for news reporting and things where it would be impossible to get a shot without having some copyrighted stuff in the background. That's why such loopholes exist; generally taking a photo of a magazine page is still illegal. In NZ anyway =/
'Archzz' on Oblivion:
"Lots of you ppl are lucky ur comp runs it.... mine says sumthing about registering online and my ip address....i took it back"
07-25-2007, 01:55 PM,

What a world this has come to, where it becomes illegal to even take pictures of stuff. Seriously, who's losing any money, fans, or anything else just because someone scans a page of a magazine. Now if they did the whole magazine, then I could see why, but a page?

At least I have 0% Warn Tongue Doesn't it have a period when it wears off?

And I think Bethesda only bans your IP, you can change it and then start over I guess. But good luck finding someone who actually got banned to find out, they won't be on the BSF at least.
Lol what?
07-25-2007, 03:00 PM,

Warnings never go away, but never show up to anyone else except you and any moderator or administrator either. I don't know if moderators have the actual ability to lower them or if it has to be reset inside the code, like changing someone's post count.

I know they ban your handle (nickname) and your e-mail address when the ESF board bans you, I'm not sure about IP. If any of you are familiar with Sload/Omicron/The Sload Lord, he has made several accounts after each in turn was banned, including the accounts Sload [Lord]*, Miss, AnankeMormo, and probably one other.

So it is possible to continue using the ESF after a ban, as RW mentioned with Qarl above, but it's better to just not take any chances and do all you can to ensure your warn level remains at 0% from the outset.

* - I'm not sure if the account name was Sload, Sload Lord, or The Sload Lord.
|m0use.net|
07-25-2007, 04:28 PM,

lol, good one RW. idiots though, your posts there aren't really warn material imo. perhaps the bypassing the auto censer one yeah. I don't quite get the first one. Confusedhrug:

I got a 25% warn on ESF by telling the idiots in a star wars mod thread that taking the models from the battlefront games is illegal. noob moderater read that as me saying the opposite. You can't reply to the mod about the warn either, you like get another imediate warn for back talk. I just left it.
AM NOT A TEXTURER
07-25-2007, 05:44 PM,

What what I've heard about, "arbitrary and capricious" seems to describe a lot of the warnings given over there. Maybe that's because they're mortally afraid of being shut down by BethSoft. No biggie for me, as I consider this board my community and [EB]SF a place to scrounge for answers. Smile

Steve
07-25-2007, 06:51 PM,

I'm yet to get a warn either. I thought that if you were IP banned though, that you'd have to use another computer to get back onto the forums. I used to be on those forums non stop, I'm not anywhere near as much now, I started to get a bit sick of all the repetetive questions, I guess. Confusedhrug:
07-26-2007, 03:10 AM,

Perhaps someone should test this on someone else's computer, maybe a school or work one, and really piss off some moderators, and find out exactly how the banning process works.
Lol what?
07-26-2007, 04:14 AM,

lol. I'm not really interested on getting banned. lately I haven't been as narky as I used to be on there. so doubt I'll ever get another warning. but then again I might just get one like last time.

actually I just remembered there is a well know modder who has been harassing me in PMs, threatening to throw a public temper tantrum becuase he's basically just a tool, imho. yeah I'm not sure what he's after either. I'd bet he thinks he has weight with the moderators or something. psh, big names in modding mean bugger all to me. You could be the dopest mofo in your field but a ugly person all the same. Smile

thats my thought of the day
AM NOT A TEXTURER
07-26-2007, 05:50 AM,

Someone a little jealous because your armors are way too cool? Tongue

Just notify a moderator about this person if you want them banned, or put them on an ignore list.
Lol what?