Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update from Rickious
09-11-2008, 04:58 PM,
Update from Rickious
Hi. I just had a talk with Rickious today.

He's fine and says he has improved his modeling skills a lot. As for the Murkwood tree he was making for Black Marsh, he's had to stop work on that due to problems exporting it from the Rhino program he uses.

But he hasn't forgotten us and plans to make return to modding for Oblivion (and Black Marsh) some time in the future.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-11-2008, 05:56 PM,

That's shame,damn i miss Rickious. Sad
09-11-2008, 06:06 PM,

Let's just hope he'll be back soon. His work truly looked promising.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
09-11-2008, 07:02 PM,

He says its possible he'll be back soon. But he's busy in real life and doesn't know when he'll have time.

We should send him a message every once in a while, just to keep in touch.

B2M, how about hosting that master file somewhere? I tried to get in touch with Tlo but he hasn't been very active recently. I think perhaps we should move forward with the towns and get him up to speed on what we've been doing when he gets back, what do you think?

Edit:

Also, has anyone heard anything from TheGreyWizard? I tried to contact him way back, but he didn't answer. I know he was working on the Middle-Earth mod, but that forum seems to be dead now. It's not looking promising...

09-11-2008, 08:18 PM,

im pretty sure he went back to school recently, and is probably swamped with work (as i am, having also returned last week). I don't think he'd have any problem with people doin' more work, although where are the towns situated? Any villages near Archon may as well use what is finished of the Archon tileset.

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
09-11-2008, 08:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
He says its possible he'll be back soon. But he's busy in real life and doesn't know when he'll have time.

We should send him a message every once in a while, just to keep in touch.

B2M, how about hosting that master file somewhere? I tried to get in touch with Tlo but he hasn't been very active recently. I think perhaps we should move forward with the towns and get him up to speed on what we've been doing when he gets back, what do you think?

Edit:

Also, has anyone heard anything from TheGreyWizard? I tried to contact him way back, but he didn't answer. I know he was working on the Middle-Earth mod, but that forum seems to be dead now. It's not looking promising...

I've been back for awhile mate. Big Grin

I'm just REALLY, REALLY busy/sick. I've already stated that I want someone to finish Moonmarch (no one has time), and I have a master file somewhere, I'll get it to you by Sunday. :goodjob:

Grey wont talk to pretty much anyone anymore, except me. I spoke to him a few months ago, and he seems to be doing fine. I dont know about Middle Earth, but I wouldn't doubt Grey's determination. (I'm still trying to figure out the whole copyright thing, seeing as how the Morrowind version was shut down.). I'll try to catch him and see how things are going sometime soon.

Soulrest is on the agenda...unfortunately I dont know when it'll start coming together. Llamaranger was working on Archon for a while, but him and I were going to work on that just for fun. (I think. Big Grin).

Any-who...No worries, we'll be back up and running soon (hopefully) and finally get this damn beta released!

EDIT: I've compiled all the current resources I have. Its approximately 288 MB un-compressed. Compressed is...well, I dunno yet. I don't know if they will work correctly in the CS as it has been quite a long time since I've opened them. Gideon is mostly finished (I will finish, hopefully soon), Moonmarch is mostly finished as well ( I might finish), but other than that I can't say. Personally it'd be a HUGE favor for someone to put them all in the .ESM, and populate the forests and such. Also placing creatures, spawns, etc. Then we'll move onto getting some quests in there, Dialog, Voodoo (fingers crossed), and fine tuning in and get this baby out to the public!
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
09-11-2008, 08:40 PM,

Great to hear from you Tlo! I'm sorry to hear you were ill. Did you get around to having a look at the website I made, by any chance? It's not very pretty at the moment, but it's a start I guess and it was the best I could do with no experience whatsoever in web design Big Grin

So to recap, your idea for the first beta will be all or most of the cities around the edge of the Black Marsh, but we leave the mysterious interior for the next release?

09-11-2008, 09:05 PM,

Great to hear from you Tlo! I'm sorry to hear you were ill. Did you get around to having a look at the website I made, by any chance? It's not very pretty at the moment, but it's a start I guess and it was the best I could do with no experience whatsoever in web design Big Grin

So to recap, your idea for the first beta will be all or most of the cities around the edge of the Black Marsh, but we leave the mysterious interior for the next release?

Thanks!
Yes, I did get alook at it, and so far its coming along very nicely. It could use some more concepts, progress shots, and so forth, but its pretty good.

Yes, I wanted to get the Cyrodiil/BM border mostly finished to allow players to get a taste of how great this mod will be. I expect maybe 3 releases. Although, at this rate (Size) we'll have to divide the mod up. Its already really big for only 6-8 towns. haha. Cool
09-11-2008, 09:18 PM,

I think we should do what I've seen some other people do with a lot of success - turn each release into a separate "chapter", with a title and themed quests that can be completed on its own. It works really well because you can leave it on a cliffhanger and leave the fans wanting the next one!

For example, our first release could include the Northern bit East half of Black Marsh (from Arnesia to Stormhold down to Gideon). Then we can put the south coast, Lilmoth and Blackrose in the next. We could leave the tribal centre of the marsh for last. Afterwards we can always join them up again into a unified mod, and leave people to choose how they play it, in chapters or everything at once.

What do you think?

09-11-2008, 09:25 PM,

I think we should do what I've seen some other people do with a lot of success - turn each release into a separate "chapter", with a title and themed quests that can be completed on its own. It works really well because you can leave it on a cliffhanger and leave the fans wanting the next one!

For example, our first release could include the Northern bit East half of Black Marsh (from Arnesia to Stormhold down to Gideon). Then we can put the south coast, Lilmoth and Blackrose in the next. We could leave the tribal centre of the marsh for last. Afterwards we can always join them up again into a unified mod, and leave people to choose how they play it, in chapters or everything at once.

What do you think?

I like it!

Actually, we could even make multiple quest endings, making the whole thing unpredictable. I agree that Helstrom should be last, seeing as how no one has seen it since (Daggerfall, I think. Maybe Arena ?( ). That'd be a fun way to play it. Although that poses a problem for the other quest lines such as DB, Thieves, Mages, Fighters, etc. I guess we could wait till the final production to put them in. But that wont work very well.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=73F9QU9Y
Link to BM data, so far.