Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valenwood Books
02-21-2010, 01:16 AM,
Valenwood Books
I'm starting a new thread for the Books, because the old one was a sideline of an off topic ....

Thought I'd drop in an update just to prove I have been working on this.

Deeza, if it's OK with you, I may juggle some of the book to model assignments around: for instance book 1 is assigned to Epic Fail and Ironwood Tree - one worth 50, the other 15, which doesn't seem right.

For the three trilogies I couldn't resist making each a different cover, once I'd found some good sets of hides.

So here's a preview of the ones I've made:

Currently book 1 - and probably Epic Fail rather than Ironwood Tree - is the one I first came up with. I'm thinking this is bound in wolf, pictured here with book 6. I do some work in Elsweyr, so I'd better not say what this is bound in:

[Image: Book_16.jpg]

This is Book 2, bound in Axis Deer (Nope, I'd never heard of it either):

[Image: Book_2.jpg]

And Book 4, in Fallow Deer, which I think is the common one in Oblivion:

[Image: Book_4.jpg]

And finally book 5, in Springbok:

[Image: Book_5.jpg]

I've yet to decide on the last basic book design, and then there's the Meh Ayleidoon, which is going to take some thought.
Morcroft Darkes
02-21-2010, 10:59 PM,

Wow, that's a great start there! Feel free to re-jig the prices as necessary, they were just a rough guide to how rare I thought each book should be.

The only one which the price is important for is the Meh Ayleidoon, since it's so rare and valuable.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-23-2010, 12:53 PM,

Mate they are amazing. I always planned to do this but it just never got around to it!
02-24-2010, 02:49 PM,

Agreed! But I'm a little bit afraid of having to put all of those in the game xD
Oh well, everything for the customer Wink
Deeza:
Quote:Easy - you make it from meat! Cool

I. Main-Quest-Progress:
:check: 55%

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
:check: 15%
02-24-2010, 03:06 PM,

Don't worry about it drmccoy, one of the rest of us can do any extra cluttering that needs to be done.

The quests are most important right now...

02-24-2010, 03:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by drmccoy
Agreed! But I'm a little bit afraid of having to put all of those in the game xD
Oh well, everything for the customer Wink
If you mean creating the basic items - I'll supply a mergeable esp as per Deeza's original. I'm tweaking the prices, adding weights, proofreading the books and correcting Deeza's illegal punctuation marks as I go Rolleyes

If you mean actually distributing them around the world, though... well Deeza got in there first.
Morcroft Darkes
02-24-2010, 03:11 PM,

Hah! Deeza volunteered! He's the fucked one, YES! Harr harr harr! Big Grin
Fine then, be on your way :goodjob:
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
02-24-2010, 03:13 PM,

Illegal punctuation marks? I wasn't aware poor literacy was a crime... :eek:

Still, thanks for picking them up. Any one person always misses a few, so it's important to have a second opinion.

02-24-2010, 03:15 PM,

I absolutely so don't get what you're trying to say xD
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
02-24-2010, 03:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Illegal punctuation marks? I wasn't aware poor literacy was a crime... :eek:

Still, thanks for picking them up. Any one person always misses a few, so it's important to have a second opinion.
"Illegal" as in "the Oblivion engine doesn't know what to do with them and either ignores them or throws a fit"

The contents of "curly brackets" {} appear to be ignored so your animal parts intro text didn't show in game at all. I've replaced them with square brackets [] which seem OK. You've used "smart quotes" quite a bit which the game engine ignores - it only accepts "ASCII" quotes - same for apostrophes. My money's on an intrusive word processor being at the root of those.

Rest easy: your literacy is among the best I've encountered - and I'm really infuriatingly uptight about grammar! I think my red pen instinct has only twitched about twice so far, and I decided those were probably intentional for the style of the content.
:goodjob:
Morcroft Darkes