Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Velothi Mountains Quests
11-06-2007, 05:32 PM,
Moonsugar Cave
Howdy

A picture of what I saw in my head when I thought about an underground moonsugar field....this is far from completed......suggestions welcome

enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
11-06-2007, 10:12 PM,

Looks great.
Can you send it to me? I would like to see it in CS.
11-07-2007, 10:01 AM,

Let me get it all back in place and I shall send it

(I was moving things around and it looks messy) :eek:

Ok I moved everything back where it was, I don't expect that it will remain this way, I just wanted to try some things

here it be

Enjoy
Bob

12-28-2007, 09:24 PM,
Velothi Mountains Island
Howdy

Part of the Velothi Mountains Mod contains a small Island just northeast of Veranis Hall, the Island no doubt is the tail end of Latrys Island in the Silgrad Mod, but for our purpose we can use it.

So I had an Idea for this Island and need some concurrance or suggestions for something different

See the Screeny: I have landscaped it (still wip) and added a few buildings

The Velothi Building is meant to be a small temple where Priest Guards perform their rituals continuously to keep the undead which lie below ground at bay

Their are 2 cave enterances and one main enterance (the Stonghold Dome) this is the main entry to the underground catacombs

Beneath the ground their will be 8 levels, small caves and a labyrinth winding down to the 9th level which the player will meet the undead ruler

Backstory:

This Necromancer of past days tapped into some really evil powers.
Becoming a Lich he remained thier in his tomb and continued to raise undead to wreck havok on the villages nearby, The Shamans and other priests could not discover a way to destroy/banish him, so they set up the temple on the island which has kept the undead creatures from leaving the Tomb...

Current:

The priests have a rotating schedule, the last priest to go out to the island should have sent back another (the priest he replaced) but no one has come back. The town folks have reported the sighting of a few wandering undead creatures, which the local mages have been able to banish. Its got people worried that the Lich has found a way to escape the rituals of the priest.

What to do:

After hearing of these sightings and the story of the lich the player will be prompted to visit the island to find the missing priests, when the player enters the temple he/she will find all 3 priest dead and some undead to fight. Realizing the suspicions of the people are correct the player will be prompted to make his/her way down into the catacombs to confront the Lich.

Catacombs:

Enter the catacombs and fight your way down to level 9, meet the lich and defeat him. Easy nuff... except that once you kill the lich he will raise up and attack you again.

Dialogue:

Lich: Your a fool, Mortal ! your feeble weapons and spells can not destroy me !

You can attack and knock him out as many times as you want but he will continue to rise.

Journal Entry:

I continue to strike down this undead creature, but it rises time and time again, thiers got to be a way, I should find something. Maybe one of the locals know something

What to do:

Leave the catacombs, return to Veranis Hall. Visit Lurius Valius, Priest. in his home in Veranis Hall, ask him about the undead lich

Lurius: The Lich you say, he has risen again. This is of great concern, how can I help

Player: Weapons and Magic spells do not harm him, how can he be destroyed

Lurius: This is a question we have not been able to answer. That is why the priests performing the rituals. But perhaps, their is someone who can be asked, someone who may not be willing to help.

Player: Who is this person

Lurius: Their is one who is believed to practice necromancy, but it has not been proven or he would be dead. He would not be willing to help in destroying a fellow necromancer, but with the proper persuasion, he might give in.

Player: Where do I find this Necromancer

Lurius: He lives in a cave south of here not far and to the west (we have available caves)

Player: Thank you Lurius (player should find cave at this point)

Find the Cave: Travel south and west to the cave, enter it and locate the necromancer. The necromancer will not attack, but will enter dialogue

Necomancer: What brings you here PCRace

Player: I have been told you might know a little about necromancy

Necromancer: That is a lie ! I tell you the rumors around these parts is rampant.

Player: Calm down, I am not here to harm you, only for some information

Necromancer: Hmmm. Well I suppose if you were here to kill me you would have attempted to do so allready. What can I help you with

Player: You know of this Lich which lives on the Island, do you? Well I need to find a way to destroy him

Necromancer: Now why would I want to do that

Player: If you don't I will just kill you know
I can offer something of value if you wish

Necromancer: Kill me, you think you can ! (necromancer attacks)
fight till the necromancer is down and he will surrender

Something of value. Hmmmm, yes I can think of a few things
If I help you to destroy this Lich, promise to return to me his ring.

Player: A ring ? thats it ?

Necromancer: Yes just his ring

Player: Ok, I promise it!

Necromancer: Good, the answer PCRace is very simple. Inside the Liches Tomb, he will have a scroll and a Gem, find them. Read the scroll and then smash the Gem and he will be banished forever

Player: That sounds easy, thank you

Necromancer: you would think so! Don't forget the ring

Player: Leave cave and return to Island

Go back down catacombs, or if you marked it just do a recall
find the liches scroll and gem, read scroll and smash gem
(of course it will be guarded)

Recover Liches Ring and return it to Necromancer

Return to Veranis Hall and find the Guard Captain, tell him what you did, he will reward you with 500gold.

Done