Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Velothi Tile Set
11-09-2005, 08:56 PM,

Hey! Folks!

I just tinkered about a bit to get a few textures ... this isn't the final product.

Really ... but it's interesting to see that the other one works quite well.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
11-09-2005, 10:46 PM,

Also realize i did not even try ti line up the UV maps which make the text's look continuous, i just wanted some color to assess the sets overall feel, see if i got the velothi feel still there. Big Grin
I'm like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, except I was screwed with having 6 tails and flat feet...

www.spankybus.com - Homepage (professional - Under Construction)

www.spankybus.net - 3D version (under construction)
11-10-2005, 04:32 AM,

The look and feel are definitely Velothi. Cool

And the texture work is a wonderful start (the upper texture I especially like).

Keep up the good work you two.

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
11-30-2005, 08:45 AM,

Hey guys. Just wanted to take a minute and reassure yal I haven't forgotten about you :-D My other project, the West Indiaman Ship, came back from review from Flying Labs Software, and, since oblivion has been postposted a fair bit, I am solely focused on the change requests they have given me that my ship might be in the game at its initial launch, which should be this winter. My work in an honest-to-god game and not a mod WOOT..I hope you understand as one who is trying to create a professional 3d modeller portfolio and break into the industry, its a very exciting opportunity. I will continue work on the Velothi tileset as soon as this followup work is done.
:bananarock:
Cheers Mates
Spankybus :banana:
I'm like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, except I was screwed with having 6 tails and flat feet...

11-30-2005, 09:47 AM,

Thanks for checking back in spankybus, it's good to know you're still around. And good luck on the ship Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-14-2006, 04:10 AM,
Velothi Tileset Reviisited
Hey mates!

how've you been. I have been busy as hell. however, i haven't forgot my ST mates. here is a shot of the tiles. I've learned some new tricks with texturing, so i took the time toredo those textures o nteh tiles here. i will be looking into resuming this project shortly, as its only a few months until OB releases.....yea right. lol 1st pix is adding some depth to the texture, bumping it out for 3d effect...next I added some dirt, making a multi-layered texture...which we do not know if OB will support...so i probably son'tbe adding too much of that stuff. just in case....see ya soon

I couldn't find my original thread, so i am making new one. If someone knows where it is and wants to do the cut/paste,cool by me. just let me know, aight

01-14-2006, 05:11 AM,
RE: Velothi Tileset Reviisited
Wow spankybus, they are looking great! The bump mapping looks great on the walls. I did notice a few places on the lower wall where the texture don't quite line up correctly, but that's no big deal, it can be fixed fairly easily. It looks like it's coming along very well. Big Grin

-NR
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-14-2006, 06:31 AM,

Welcome back spankybus, great to hear from you again!

Your set is looking better than ever, and the bump effect on the top part of the walls is mighty fine - looks like you'd scrape your arm if you got too close Big Grin There seems to be a sharp transition above and below the yellow wall texture, but I'm sure you're on top of it. I'm curious, how many pieces are there in the tile set right now?

We know from before that diffuse, opacity, bump, specular, parallax and normal maps are supported by the engine. Not sure about the multi-layered stuff, but I wouldn't discount it either... it's probably supported too. Judging by the way the prison cell looks I'm sure they've crammed in every mapping technique they could.

As you requested I merged your new thread with your old one. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-16-2006, 05:37 PM,

wow :eek:

great job man they look REALLY good! I cannot wait to create a duengen with these!
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-19-2006, 06:12 PM,

Does the inerior of hte velothi dungeos appear more like polished, natural stone? Do you think it was probably inlaid brick, sanded smooth? I ask, because I can't imaging they were natural stone that someone just cut through and then polished...with 2-3 different tones, pourosity (when i say natural, i meam like they just cut into the side of a mountain and polisihed the hallways they made as oppposed to bringing finished stonework probably quarried from elsewhere.

The reason I ask is, when lookin at my tiles, when compared to the oblivion dungion screens in the latest GI mag I just got..it looks like I can add a LOT more polies to these tiles. Thing's like apparent brickwork, cracking, chips, etc. Particularly, since hte morrowind architecture was so NOT open, the polies per screen count would sort of be dealth with simply my the layout of the dungeons.

Smooth walls with a hint of brick and mortar work? Leave it as is (giving it a less developed look and maybe actually feeling more like morrowind). just brainstorming. :banana: