Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Village: Olione [Claimed]
01-31-2011, 05:33 AM,

Um, I looked at the Anticlere set and should I use the castle houses as the houses? plus, i take it there is no wall.
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-31-2011, 07:29 AM,

yes, those are the ones you should use. You are right, only the towns have walls.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-31-2011, 07:40 AM,

thxs!
The exterior cell cooridinates are 2, 26 for Olione. Now, there is nothing there except for somerocks and trees, can i place the houses anywhere in that part of the worldspace (2, 26)?

EDIT: Now that I can put things in the render, I am now coming up with some purple textures when things come from the anticlere pane. Whereas exactly same models from Mr.Sika pane aren't purply? Which ones do I go with?
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-31-2011, 11:56 AM,

1. Yes, there should be nothing there yet. You can place it anywhere within that cell, although you may well want to modify the landscape a little, perhaps add a small, low hill for the castle and a flattened area for the houses and fields.

2. Go with the anticlere set. It's purple because it was going to get a retexture but we never got round to it. If it's too annoying, you can change the textures yourself easily enough: go the Data/meshes/HighRock folder, find the matching meshes in mr siika, copy and paste them to a temporary folder, change the names to match the anticlere equivalents then drag and replace them. That's the easiest way to do it.

If you could do that, please could you send me to modified anticlere folder? It would be a big help.

01-31-2011, 12:07 PM,

Okay, thanks. i might give that a go and see what happens. i can't promise anything though. And about the interiors? Whatr's happening with them or don't I do them. Plus, the chapel should be from the anticlere set so a giant beautiful cathedral isn't out of place. Alright, cheers.

I have modified the landscape so the grey bits of the building don't stick out.
Which castle should I use?

P.S: Should this have proper farms? Or barron ones as everyone is too afraid to come out oif their houses?
01-31-2011, 12:14 PM,

At the moment we are not adding interiors.

Yes, the chapel should be from the Anticlere set.

I would suggest that you make use of pieces from mr siika's castle sets (not the Daggerfall ones).

The town should have farms, but they should look badly maintained (perhaps some weeds growing, tools left lying outside, one or two broken barrels lying about etc.)

Edit:

Remember to post a screenshot from time to time so we can give you feedback.

01-31-2011, 12:25 PM,

Ok thxs for the quick reply.
02-01-2011, 01:09 AM,

Here are a few screens of the town. I made it on a bit of a hill with the houses on the edges of the ramp leading up to where the castle should be. I can make another one if you want. Took me five minutes. But the castle......? I can't find a Mr.Siika castle set. It is just the houses. Do I need to piece it together with the wall parts or I am not looking nhard enough.

No fams as of yet, but I will get on it.
02-01-2011, 07:34 AM,

OK, here are a few comments. The first is that it should really be a bit more compact - at the moment the buildings are spaced quite widely apart, and a village this size should have them much closer together (about half the distance they currently are). Second, while I like the effect you've made by half-burying the houses, it might be a good idea to experiment with a mixture of one and two-storey buildings.

Second, well done on fixing the texture paths!

Third, the castle meshes are in High Rock/Castle/mr siika There are several towers and wall pieces available for you to experiment with.

Hope that helps!

02-01-2011, 07:46 AM,

Okay, cheers. I will make sure that I make it more comp[act and I will see what happens with the castle.
Alright, cheers,
DD