Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP] Insanity's Overhaul
05-08-2007, 11:06 AM,

I have seen the many overhaul mods around, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, Martigen's Monster Mod and Francesco's Items Mod. Well these are just three mods. How about some choice?

Well this is where my mod steps in, its another option, but not just that it does different things.

Here is what has been Implemented so far:

Blade Skills

Blade Skills are now divided into Short, Long and Heavy (2-handed) blade skills. Upon first load you can decide which of these you have been training up to that point, if you have trained any. The others start at a quarter of the main skill.

Realistic Creature Rarity

In "Vanila" Oblivion low level creatures disappear when your characer reaches a certain level, on the other hand a level 1 character will never see the high level creatures except a few hand placed bosses, this breaks the immersion factor.The purpose of this mod is to create a realistic population of monsters while retaining some kind of challenge to high level characters.To archieve this, almost every generic leveled creature list is revamped and many NPC/monsters have been modified, creatures like guards are level capped.

The population of monster are revamped, the majority is made up of low level mobs, high level mobs are relatively rare.All monsters will spawn regardless of character level, in other words a level 1 character has as much chance of seeing a spider daedra as a level 30 character.So beware, a level 1 character will have a very tough life as it's supposed to be.I suggest low level character avoid going into dungeon, if you feel confident try bandit/marauder/beast cave they're easier than others.

To provide challenge to high level characters, weaker monsters now have a possibility to spawn in a group.Daedra are VERY hard now and usually you will see a high level daedra surrounded by his minions.Bosses are now tougher, they're scaled to player and have a positive level bonus.

I have changed:

- Generic leveled list revamped, npc/creatures modified
- All monsters spawn regardless of player's level
- Monsters spawn based on rarity, weaker monsters have a higher possibility to spawn and vice versa.
- Weaker monsters have a possiblity to spawn in group
- More realistic wilderness, you will be seeing more deer than anything

Improved Creature Count & Spawning

I have changed the amount of creatures that are spawned from wilderness leveled lists. 6 deer, two Boars/Wolves/Imps, ect.. Does not increase the amount of Bears, Spriggans, Mountain lions, Minotaurs, Land Dreughs, Trolls or Will-o-the-Wisps. However, it does alter the spawn chance of the Orc adventurer, highwayman and bandit camp.

This also Guarantees the spawning of previously partial chance leveled lists used in dungeons, caves, Oblivion, whatever. This will of course make these areas harder, but you get more loot. It does not increase the amount of creatures each will spawn.

Realistic Force & Magic Force

Made the force of hits more realistic and the force of magic spells and magical enchantments will not make the target fly about the place. Also made the ragdoll more realistic with help from a friend. This measn they should act more realitic when they have been hit.

Fame/Infamy Indicator

This consists of 1 quest script that continuously watches for changes in fame or infamy
levels and displays an appropriate message. Though I know of no
events that cause fame or infamy to go down, if one occurs for any
reason another message will indicate such.

I was also having problems in my current game with bounties
appearing with no indication of how they got there and thus added
a bounty reporting feature to this mod.

Realistic Swimming

A script forces the player to take off his main body armour and at the same time have the equipment burden under a certain score based on your strength.

Drop Lit Torches

If you draw your weapon while a torch is equipped the torch is immediately thrown to the floor still burning (and acts as a proper light source). If You pick up a burning torch with your weapon drawn the torch is extinguished and returned to your inventory. If your weapon is sheathed picking up the lit torch will immediately equip it. It can then be put away as normal if you desire.

Natural Wildlife

Made changes to make animalsbehave more naturally. All animals runs on a script to
determine their behaviour against others.

Realistic Persuasion

This mod is designed to address issues with Personality attribute and Speechcraft skill being close to meaningless.
Originally you could always get people to like you no matter what your speechcraft skill was using the simple mini-game.
This meant that personality was a useless attribute.
Now Personality plays a much greater role in how much you are liked, because dispostion is much harder to increase using the mini-game.
Personality provides a base disposition and speechcraft can be used to increase this by a small amount in the beginnng and a much larger amount if you become good at speechcraft.

As a result NPC Disposition now features more prominantly in the game.
Players with low personality will not be liked much, as you would expect.
Maxed disposition will now be the exception rather than the norm.
Basically players that choose speechcraft as a major skill will now be rewarded, those who can't hold a converstaion had better simply rely of their fame and factions to gain favour.

Realistic Creature Wilderness

This mod adds many new creatures to all of the wilderness level lists. It allows more of each type to spawn, harder ones to spawn at lower levels, and a small chance for pretty hard stuff to spawn that you will not be able to kill and should probably run away from.

Improved Town Loot

Adds small chance to get higher-grade unleveled loot in certain chests around all towns. Upscale residences, castles, and merchant shops would be a smart choice to look for these chests. All of these chests now have unleveled hard locks. Players opening House Treasury chests and Jewelry chests have a 10% chance of finding something really good (spawning from a random treasure list). Players opening House Armory chests have a 5% chance of finding high grade weapons or armor...enchanted or not (also spawning from a long list of high-grade random weapons and armor). Jewelry boxes and House Treasury chests always respawn again later. House Armory chests do not respawn. All of these chests are trapped. Also, most merchant's supply chests and unique weapons chests are available for picking now. Hopefully this mod will make it worthwhile to play a thief character now.

House Markers for Bought Houses

Adds the locations of the houses you buy throughout the game to your world map, allowing you to fast travel directly to them. You will appear just outside the house facing the door. Houses are genericly named, ex. - Waterfront house"

Markers:

Imperial City Waterfront
Bravil
Anvil
Leyawiin
Bruma
Cheydinhal
Chorrol
Skingrad

Kafei's Better Amulet Replacer

Merged in Kafei's Better Amulet Replacer so all credit for thatgoes to Kafei.

This replaces the basic metal amulets (gold, silver, jade, bronze, copper, jeweled) with better looking
versions, and tweaks some of the unique amulets for a better look.

Slof's Horses

AlienSlof released a modders resource of horses, it came with a base esp and a note that it could be used. I have merged it with this mod so all credit for horses goes to AlienSlof. Thank You Slof Smile

This is what the additions do:

I was delighted when Oblvion had horses in it, but then was disappointed when some of them were a bit on the purple side! After a steep, and often frustrating learning curve, and getting my head around a different way of working, I made a start on dealing with the purple issue. At first it was just going to be a simple replacer, just simply replacing textures without needing an esp. This would have been a lot of effort and faff unpacking bsa's or editing invalidation txts, so I decided to go down the esp road instead. Cue more frustrations and a temporary shelving of the project (again) until I could figure it out. Doing it this way means I can provide lots of different options. Firstly, I've made the player-owned horses unique, with their own markings and colours. Where the same type of horse is sold in different places, where you purchase the horse from will have a bearing on its colour.

For example: Bruma and Leyawiin both sell paint horses. With this mod, Leywiin's horses are brown and white, from Bruma they are black and white. This only happens for the player.

I've also removed the saddles from the pastured horses, since a horse doesn't wear a saddle 24/7. They are only saddled up for the player and other riders. Unicorn and Shadowmere are unique.

Destruction Improved

I noticed that skill bonuses for mages who have taken their Destruction skill above 100 via the many +skill items in the game, which without this mod become useless once the skill is capped at 100 naturally. In the default game, mana costs do not continue to go down after 100 skill, for example

Multiplicative magicka bonuses for every two points above 100 Destruction by modifying the MagickaMultiplier of the pc based upon a ratio. 110 destruction is far superior to 100. This allows mages a fair and balanced way to increase their damage in the high end game. Anyone who's played a high level pure caster knows that because mana never goes up past a certain point, and spell magicka costs stop reducing themselves via skillups, that every mob takes exorbitantly long to kill, requiring so much regeneration time that you may as well have chosen melee as your dps source instead. It truly kills the fun and it's amazing Bethsoft didn't include anything to address that.

The mod is basically done, with what eyecandy I felt like including ( it looks nice) and the code in reliable condition. I do not use other mage mods, so I am unable to vouch for compatibility. However, Everything is done via Script and not via any GMST altering, so this mod should not conflict with anything that does not modify the magickamultiplier variable local to the PC ( note this is separate from the GMST that other mods edit)
This results in a healthy progression of mana upwards of 100 skill, keeping pace with the mana demands that mobs at this level pose, and giving you continued ways to improve your character after you've capped out.
if at 100 int and 100 destruction you have 400 mana
at 105 destruction you will have 480
at 108 destruction you will have 560
at 110 destruction you will have 600,
And the progression will continue.

Realistic Law

I have increased fines, especially for murder (6000) and stealing (4 x item value), and if you can't pay the fine you'll get a day in jail for every 2 gold of your bounty.

Also i have Added bribes, bounty for resisting arrest and failed bribe attempts, death penalty for any crime as a 50%+ vampire, for having 15000+ bounty or for wearing Emperor clothes, mandatory jail sentence for Imperial Palace basement break-ins or for having 5000+ bounty. Time also advances by two hours upon arrest.

Fatigue Loss When Running

Unless you're highly skilled in Athletics, you will now lose Fatigue points from running. Fatigue regeneration while walking or standing still has not been modified though.

Scarier Vampires

Improved NPC reaction to player vampires. most NPCs should now recognize stage 3 vampires as well.

Realistic City Gates

I hated the fact that there are Guards around protecting the city but the city gates are open all the time. This is un-realistic because a city would not leave its gates open especially at night. So i have attached a script that will close and lock the gates at 8pm and open them at 6am.

Realistic Weapons and Armor Weights

Changed the armor and weapon weights to be more realistic and suitable.

Realistic Arena

Do you remember the flash screen: 'White Gold Tower, built many ages ago by
ancient Ayleids, can be seen from any part of the Imperial City.'
That was nonsense, I don't know if you noticed,
but NOTHING, yes nothing from the Imperial City can be seen when you're in the
Arena, so I started up the construction set and changed this and voila! Now
you can see the White Gold tower and the walls and little towers from the Arena
district, as it supposed to be.

Realistic Acrobatics

Changed the acrobatics to be more realistic, so no more high jumps at low levels, also the fall speed has been changed.

Realistic Misc Item Value

Robbing a wealthy person's house used to net you a few dozen Septims, if you were lucky. Now, a good haul of silver items will fetch a pretty penny, usually about 10-35 Septims per piece. Lower and middle class items are worth substantially less, around 1-15, but at least they're worth something now. Everything else, including gems, crystal balls, farming implements, etc., has been adjusted as well. Aside from gems, silver items are the most valuable of the lot

Days and Months

Days & Months is VERY simple plugin made that Adds Earths Names for the months and
days of the week after tamriels

Rank Dependant Spectators

This plugin adds ten spectators in the Arena each time you advance in ranks. This way you can truly feel that you are becoming more and more popular as an Arena combattant. The maximum number, at rank Champion, is 70. So it should not hurt your system too much. Be careful though, if you have a low-end system.
It also adds 70 spectators for the Grand Champion Match.

Improved Willpower

This mod changes your magicka regeneration rate. When your willpower is low (below 50),
your regeneration rate will be very slow, but once you reach 50, you get bonuses which
increase your regeneration rate. You get bonuses at 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 105, 110,
115, 120, and 125. "But you can't raise attributes higher than 100", you say...

I did it like this so that spells and enchantments which make your attribute exceed 100 is
actually useful at higher levels as well (now you'll have a reason to keep the robe you
get from the Mages Guild, even if you've maxed out your willpower).

Unique Creatures

This part describes the new creatures added to the games leveled lists.

Flesh Golem:

Also known as Frankensteins monster. The whole 'thing' is very assymetric. It's head is angled to the side, legs and arms have different sizes, some fingers are missing and the parts have slightly different colors.

Giant:

A Giant that can wield two-handed weapons in one hand.

Fire Demon:

Looks like a flying devil, best used in combination with the Flame Atronach ability.

Nightmare Troll:

A troll with more muscles, sharper teeth, two horns and eyes that glow in the dark.

Spider Spriggan:

Half spider, half spriggan.

Thorn Elemental:

Inspired by a card from Magic: The Gathering. It has spikes all over its body and a bark texture as well as green eyes that glow in the dark.

Ayleid Lich King:

A lich with elven helmet, bracers and boots. It has some kind of upper class robe to represent its former wealth.

Swamp Stalker:

A very thin, snake-like humanoid that lives in swamps.

Improved Archery

I have changed some values and things to make using a bow and arrows more fun, I always thought they were pretty usless even for trained assassins.

So far I have:

Made Arrows Lighter
Made Arrows Faster
Made Bows and Arrows more Powerfull
Changed the zoom to give the player a Better shot

I am thinking of changing more but cannot think of anything at the moment.

Imprved Vampires - MAJOR CHANGE

I have started making a WereWolf mod and I looked at the Vampire script for reference since in Morrowind/Bloodmoon the WereWolf stuff runs like Vampirism, so i wanted to implement it in the same way for Oblivion. As I was looking through I noticed some things that needed fixing so I started to edit the script to fix a bug with the feeding and to allow Human Blood Potions to actually count as a feed.

***************************************************************************************************************************
Add-Ons Section
***************************************************************************************************************************

This is the Add-Ons section, these are seperate esp files that were made and not added into the main esm becuase of peoples preferance, Not my work or for easy updates. Install these the same way you install the main esm.

Realistic Encumberance with Fatigue Loss - Bayli & Mentalor

This is a sperate plugin made by Bayli & Mentalor, they get all credit. I thought it would be a brilliant addition to this overhaul mod so I added it in as a Add-On esp since the work is not mine.

Wasn't it funny that your character could carry full steel plate armor and few swords, but after picking up 1 little strawberry he suddenly gets crushed under the mighty weight of his inventory? Well, this mod fixes that by degrading the character's performance in a 6 level system.

*** Unencumbered
Carrying less than Slight encumbrance weight (see calculations below). No stat drains. Fatigue recovers as normal.

*** Slight encumbrance
Carrying between Slight encumbrance weight and max weight (see calculations below). Drain Fatigue(3), Drain Speed(5), Drain Agility(5).

*** Moderate encumbrance
Carrying between 'normal' max weight and Moderate encumbrance max weight (see calculations below). Drain Fatigue(6), Drain Speed(20), Drain Agility(20).

*** Great encumbrance
Carrying between Moderate encumbrance max weight and Great encumbrance max weight (see calculations below). Drain Fatigue(12), Drain Speed(45), Drain Agility(45).

*** Overload encumbrance
Carrying between Great encumbrance max weight and Overload encumbrance max weight (see calculations below). Drain Fatigue(18), Drain Health(1), Drain Speed(80), Drain Agility(80).

*** Crushing weight
Carrying more than Overload encumbrance max weight. Drain Fatigue(24), Drain Health(3), Drain Speed(80), Drain Agility(80).

Fatigue Effects (only applies in the 'With Fatigue' .ESP)
---------------

This part tweaks the way that Fatigue functions. Fatigue will now be lost whilst running and also whilst casting spells.

*** Out of Breath
When you reach a low percentage of Fatigue (see Calculations below), you will become Out of Breath and will lose Speed and Agility (5 points).

*** Exhaustion
If you reach 0% Fatigue you may collapse, exhausted. Collapse is calculated twice per second, upto a maximum number of seconds (at which point you WILL collapse).

Calulations
-----------

The weight at which Slight encumbrance occurs is calculated by the formula:

Slight encumbrance = 'normal' max weight * (0.75 + (Athletics / 1000))

When you reach your 'normal' maximum allowed carrying weight, you will get extra carrying capacity. Think of it as rearranging your backpack to better balance the weight you are carrying. The adjustment is calculated from your strength and willpower by the formula:

Extra weight per level of encumbrance = (Strength / 10) + (Willpower / 4)

Once you reach Slight encumbrance any extra weight you pick up will lower your Fatigue regeration limit (allowing Oblivion to handle the effects of low Fatigue). The amount your regen limit is lowered is calculated per extra lb picked up using the formula:

Fatigue per lb = (200 - Endurance) / 100

The percentage at which you become Out of Breath is calculated as 30 - (Athletics /5) percent

The random percentage chance of collapse whilst Exhausted is calculated as 15 - (Luck / 10) percent.

The maximum time you will be able to stand whilst Exhausted is calculated as Endurance / 10 seconds.

Hunger, Thirst, Sleep - Add-On - hughesdylan

Since I could not code this myself, i have made this mod compatibile with Insanity's Overhaul and put it in as a seperate add-on plugin. The owner of the Mod is hughesdylan, so all the credit for the Hunger, Thirst and sleep goes to him.

Hunger:

The average need for energy is 3100 calories a day. This is slightly higher than that of an average human, but remember, adventuring burns fat like you wouldn't believe! All foods you'd expect to be eatable now replenish your energy with no negative effects (alchemy works the same as ever, except that you're now able to brew food potions, that is to say, soup).

Thirst:

The average need for water is 2.6 litres a day with the effect of water gained from eating calculated in (some especially watery foods can also quench your thirst). However, don't think that emptying the town well before a long treck pays off; The more water there is in your body, the faster it leaves. Drinking in moderation pays in the long run. Waterskins are now available at all inns and bars, and there are over 50 wells to fill them at all over Tamriel.

Sleep:

The average need for sleep is 8 hours a day. Different kinds of beds replenish you faster, though; Sleeping on a stone slab isn't quite se same as sleeping in a good bed. Traders and pawnbrokers now sell portable bedrolls.

Effects:

Hunger:

Hunger drains strength, endurance and speed and lowers your resistance to diseases.

Thirst:

Thirst drains endurance and lowers your resistance to poisons, diseases and fire.

Sleep:

Besides endurance, lack of sleep also drains all stats that depend on the player's ability to concentrate: Willpower, intelligence and agility. When you get too tired, you start to see things that aren't there and invisible monster attack you.

Racial perks:

Orcs: Due to their larger size and their carnivorous nature, Orcs burn water and calories 25% faster than humans, as well as gain 50% more calories from meat and 25% less calories from plants.

Argonians: As lizards, Argonians consume water 25% slower than humans.

Khajiit: Due to their feline nature, Khajiit consume water 25% faster than humans.

Woof Elves: Because of the Green Pact, Wood Elves have a much more intimate relation to eating meat than the omnivorous races, and their bodies have adapted to burning meat much more efficiently. They gain 100% more calories from meat, but gain no calories from plants. Also, because of their small size, they need generally less nutrition than other races.

All elves: The longer lifespans of elves have taught them to conserve their energy. All elven races get tired 25% slower than humans.

Attack and Hide Add-On - Talonhoff

v2.0 Attack and Hide includes 3 different versions with varying degrees of difficulty (easier, medium, and harder). Please try all 3 versions and decide for yourself which one best suits you and your play style. All 3 versions give you a better chance of hiding and evading than in the original game.

Do you ever get tired of being auto-acquired after attacking an NPC or creature? You know, when the sneak eye stays solid (detected) even if you are out of line of sight and perfectly still? And no matter how hard you try to hide using sneak, they always find you anyways... like the Terminator with built-in radar or something. Well, I also go tired of it too. It just wasn't realistic. This mod makes it where the NPCs and creatures will 'search' for you after an attack or when you are spotted in line of sight or sound. Basically now, you have a chance to attack (stealth or regular), and then run away and hide. When they are searching for you, the sneak eye might change back and forth between solid and faded many times. This might mean they might be close to finding you. Your best chance to evade in this situation is to hide behind something out of their line of sight and stay perfectly still. If you are out of their line of sight, there is a good chance they won't find you. Just stay perfectly still. But if the sneak eye stays solid for longer period of time, they might be closing in to find you. They might even search the area they last saw you. The farther distance you are from the enemy, the better chance you have of hiding, and remaining hidden.Plus hiding behind something is even better. And don't forget about using shadows and darkness, too. If you are far enough away, you also might be able to shoot off a few arrows into the enemy and remain undetected. It just depends on the situation.

Official Thread
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
05-08-2007, 11:23 AM,

Cool, Cool, COOLCOOLCOOLCOOLCOOL clolcocalocl... :goodjob:
Hide the petals underneath that bedroom floorboard
and they will wither without fail or success.
Put the people in the hollow box they crafted,
bolt the doors and watch them perish.
05-08-2007, 12:37 PM,

Thanks Big Grin

Alpha testing as I speak, all going well so far, all the above has been implemented so expect to see it in action soon enough, I hope =)
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
05-08-2007, 02:21 PM,

As I proberbly said at ESF, or else I should have, cool Big Grin But I got one request, made all the changes seperated plugins. I don't like taking of armor to swim, but I love the altered creature spawning.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
05-08-2007, 04:26 PM,

It sounds very realistic, but I don't know if I want to need to eat and sleep all the time. Definately separated plugins, or you could script it so a message box will appear and let you keep or omit some features.
Lol what?
05-08-2007, 04:31 PM,

Yeah sounds good. I also think seperate plugins for certiain features might be good, especially for non armour swimming and eating and sleeping daily.
05-08-2007, 08:09 PM,

Well he said the hungry thirsty sleepy is an add-on. This is just what i've been waiting for. It's a bit like christmas. I'll help with testing if you want!

Only thing is that it's going to have some conflicts, and we'll have to see what's better. I imagine there'll be slight conflicts with things like realistic force, zero tolerance (basically, all damage is 4x, everyone loses fatigue when running, swinging weapons, ect)

Love the static lists though! Combined with a no- fast travel mod, it'll make the world seem much larger and more varied. The improved town loot is also very very enticing.

Any known conflicts or anything? cause i might just start a new game for this, and i don't want to break it immediately!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-08-2007, 09:21 PM,

NPC's go in and out of cities at night, so that may cause a conflict. You could script the door so the only one not able to use it at night would be the player.
Lol what?
05-08-2007, 10:20 PM,

Or if he was so inclined, he could make realistic NPC schedules. But that'd take a lot of work.

Though i don't think too many people really ever leave cities...
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-08-2007, 11:03 PM,

My suggestion, I love hunting around for the high level stuff but I hate just finding one level 20 creature surrounded by level 5s. Maybe you could make them spawn with chests and such relative to the challenge of the creatures, meaning a dungeon could spawn at a level range, such as a level 30 dungeon.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I