Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP] My Summer Project
06-14-2007, 11:36 PM,

Hmmm, overall I like the idea, but I just can't seem to get into the whole racism thing. I mean I have no problem with communities of two different races feuding on the island, but from my knowledge of lore humans aren't exactly racist against eachother. Whitie hatin' on blackie is more an American/European gig. They don't exactly love eachother, but that's more nationalism talking isn't it? I'm also assuming these are mostly Imperials in Sabbat since from your description it sounds a bit far south for Nords or Bretons to be the native demographic group.

Now this is what I propose, I'm not sure it's any more lore friendly than your idea, but I think it's at least more exciting and original than the racist scenario (and may resonate with players more), while allowing you to keep 2 feuding communities. So basically you have your Imperials (or whatever other group you plan on having inhabit Sabbat) and your Redguards. Your Imperials follow your standard divine-aedra-worshipping faith. The Redguards however have a very superstitious, voodoo-esque faith that centers around ancestor worship, and perhaps a single Daedra Prince.

So anyway these two groups get along well enough for quite a while, they're both kind of suspicious of eachother, and generally keep to themselves, but they live together in peace without any real violence. Now one day some terrible disaster happens or undead march out of the sea and attack or whatever. Everyone flips out, and the Imperials figure some Redguard unleashed the bad voodoo on them. So they go after the Redguards and drive them out of town with torches and pitch forks-- the Redguards go on to found Haven (you should talk to TR and find a word of similar meaning from the Redguard language, that way you fix your conflict with the Valenwood city Haven). Basically though that is where the conflict comes from, instead of just having them be racist against eachother.

A few questions:
-will this be SI dependant?
-what architecture will you use for the settlements?
-what happened to that project you were working on with Worldslayer?
06-14-2007, 11:41 PM,

1. Open to discussion
2. Open to discussion, I kinda like Passwall
3. He is an unrelyable partner, and a bit to "epic minded", I wanted a controled mod, so I started again with a solid framework, this one.

And I should have clarified, I was thinking altmer or mixed on the island, and the Racism stems from the fact that the redguard were originaly pirates, and that has tainted the view of them ever since then on the island.

I do not, do not, do not want a mainly imperial presence, I said minimal for a reason :-) they can be there, we can take some of their architecture if need be, but dear god not something that lame!

Thanks for posting! These things are all still discussable, don't take this post as a stamp of "closed" or anything.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-14-2007, 11:46 PM,

Well use VW resources Smile Create a weird but happy island Smile
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
06-14-2007, 11:47 PM,

None of the architecture, but we might consider using the palms.
06-15-2007, 12:32 AM,

Hmmm, the pirate thing puts it into a little more context now. Are these redguards that live on the island now descendants of pirates who settled down, or are they just redguards who immigrated to the island later on, and the existing island population thought "ooh redguards=pirates, pirates=bad" (and if they did immigrate why? what's the draw of the island to settlers-- rich mines of some sort, good farmland?).

Also what are your thoughts on voodoo-esque culture for the redguard settlement? Even if it isn't the root source of the conflict, would you be interested in something like that for background lore?

About Shivering Isles, I would support using it. I think there is a tremendous ammount of potential for the SI rocks in a jungle setting, and some of the trees if retextured could be very useful too.
06-15-2007, 01:23 AM,

I agree, and I love the real textures on the passwall architecture.

Upon reflection I like the idea of having a catalyst to go along with the lynching as you suggested. We can have light voodun influence (not too much) on them and their practices, and when an undead legion appears in the caves on the island, and sometimes above land, they blamed a particular redguard, killed him in a mob, and that lead to the exodus.

sound good?

We can have a misc quest line dealing with the origin on the undead threat. Though the player can only prove so much, so some holes are filled by the already existing hatred (meaning the player can't "patch things up")

So sieg, can I assume you'd be interested in helping with the actual mod work?
06-15-2007, 01:51 AM,

Pirates... that sounds vaguely familiar... Ill help I have a Basket less Culass model if you want it :goodjob:

p.s. do not download my mod it has... issues
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
06-15-2007, 01:52 AM,

There are no living pirates on the island, they are just a lore fragment from the in-game text A History of Piracy in Anvil or some such thing from the thieves den mod.

I'd love to check the model to see if maybe some skeletons could use it.
06-15-2007, 02:18 AM,

well for a long time Bretons, Orcs, and Redguards were all real racist to each other... just a thought
06-15-2007, 02:24 AM,

[Image: ScreenShot0.jpg]
my skin is just a little too decorative but it is based off the original cutlass so a retexture wont be too much to do
Sincerly
Green Cutlass