Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WIP] Synthesis Machine
04-25-2008, 01:41 AM,

I don't know if it really needs to have limited charges, as long as it has some other limiting factor. For example, perhaps it requires raw ebony, or some other rare substance to power it. Well then players are going to need to kill a lot of centurions to power this thing aren't they? Imposing a limit, because how many centurions will drop raw ebony (or whatever other material) is a fairly low number.

Something else we could do is have it be powered by coal, or something else from the mines. and it needs A LOT of this material in order to make stuff. So then you'd be limited by what you could carry, and how much you mined.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-25-2008, 08:48 AM,

Sounds right to me, in game limits, not machine limits.

Can i suggest maybe a proper area with this machine, if its now Not portable then make it a great, substantial thing with an engine room, conveyor belt (in and out) if this is capable of what we are saying then i personally think it deserves to look powerful and complicated. Cogs, gears, handles. Make it an actual machine with an actual user manual. To repair you do one sequence, to produce you do another. If you do it wrong you waste the coal (or wood whatever) and have to start again. (Keep other ingredients though.)
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-25-2008, 02:31 PM,

Dwemer used a different metal

I do not believe anyone knows what it is nor does lore explain it

I would check and do some research into that, I can do that when I get back from my holiday ( 2 days from now), but whatever it is we must use that metal to repair any dwemer items

This might be a good opportunity to come up with something new for the community

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-25-2008, 05:36 PM,

I think the most obvious solution to the 'Dwemer metal' problem is to have this incorporated in the mines, mine cart(1-way quick-travel) ideas. A deep area of the mine still bears the unknown ore. How to mine? name? does it need refining?

This adds some good steps into the questline at least, not to mention a lot of detail.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-28-2008, 08:26 AM,

Scripting is complete, it makes Bombs, duplicates dwemer weapons and repairs/recharges items. Ok so it has a useage limit which is based on what actions you take, ie the more demanding the action say duplicating the more energy it takes so the less uses it has. This can e reset easily.

I need to implement the options based on the players skills and maybe the need for raw items.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
04-28-2008, 09:03 AM,

InsanitySorrow, did you look >>HERE!<< and see my concepts? As this is not looking to be a large machine so it looks more likely to be able to do all it does my concept see's it fill a room. I envisage a basically circular structure, a shaped dock for each type of Dwemer robet (Repairs), a hopper or 2 at the top (containers), 1 for ingredients, 1 for 1 weapon or piece of armour at a time, then a conveyor where the weapon/piece of armour comes out, and another slot where bombs come out.

I think make it very complex looking, with an actual ingame manual so the player has to write down the combination, for example..

Open hopper, hopper lever, close hopper, hopper leaver, deposit Dwemer weapon, repair leaver, receive weapon.

I would like to see it look capable of grand things, pumping, churning, steam flying out, etc, and also look like it would have taken several operatives to run. Dont have time limits but make it so its powered by something easy to get (coal from a mine accessible using the mine-cart quick-travel idea) so have this supply of coal infinate, but so that low-medium level players can only carry enough for 1-2 uses, have a coal store (container) at the machine with enough for 1-2 uses at the beginning so you can do a few coal runs and build up your store. BUT if you do the levers in the wrong order your coal is wasted.

I know this may sound like hassle to some players but this machine is very powerful and if its too easy to use it will be a little unrealistic and boring, and like i say, 4-5 Dwemer operatives would have manned each lever originally while workers went back and fourth from the coal mines.

anyway, if this can be worked into the scripting it would be great.

Another thought is this can make the bots, but have that section broken but the centurion part may be fixable with the right parts. find the parts, fix it, load a load of coal and Dwemer ore (or whatever we are calling it) and that part of the machine blows up but it has made the Centurion. The rest of the machine is fine...
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-28-2008, 09:07 AM,

Quote:Another thought is this can make the bots, but have that section broken but the centurion part may be fixable with the right parts. find the parts, fix it, load a load of coal and Dwemer ore (or whatever we are calling it) and that part of the machine blows up but it has made the Centurion. The rest of the machine is fine...

A companion is planned for when you get all peices of the Jnagoo armor.

As for the rest I would have to re-write all the code to have it work. Though it does seem interesting.

Oh and I saw your concepts, good work :goodjob:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
04-28-2008, 09:16 AM,

OH DEAR! well, let me know what the final decitions are, then tell me what kind of in/out, levers etc there will be and i will finish the concepts with detailed close ups etc. Smile
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-28-2008, 09:20 AM,

The best thing is to have a final concept then go from there, I have no probelm re-scripting it if I have a solid concept of what I need to do.
04-28-2008, 09:51 AM,

Ok, well if we wait for other peoples view on the above and the drawings i did so far, then I can tweak and develop my concept art from there till theres a plan for you to script.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4