Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waalx - Chronicles of Steel - lorefrienly enough?
06-20-2007, 06:54 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
Take a look at the engravings on the wood elf blades: LINK according to those engravings, the wood elves are obviously buddhist Tongue
It's sort of like showing a picture of Jesus Christ on a cross, I would call that lore breaking Big Grin
(But I don't really mind) :]

I didn't knew it was saying something in fact...the other side of the blade was obviously characters of Japanese language, but I thought these where just ornaments.
06-20-2007, 11:19 AM,

Well you can always change these japanese characters into daedric Tongue
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
06-20-2007, 05:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Waalx
Take a look at the engravings on the wood elf blades: LINK according to those engravings, the wood elves are obviously buddhist Tongue
It's sort of like showing a picture of Jesus Christ on a cross, I would call that lore breaking Big Grin
(But I don't really mind) :]

I didn't knew it was saying something in fact...the other side of the blade was obviously characters of Japanese language, but I thought these where just ornaments.

Yeah, most "horimono" (engravings) mean something, characters are often "bonji" (sanskrit characters) and they are typical for buddhist horimono.
The horimono your swords have shows a "ken" (double edged sword) with a "sankozuka" (vaijra thunderbolt hilt).

We also have katana models with horimono for our mod, i don't know if we should use some of them, but our situation is different because they would fit better in Akavir.
But i think you can get away with using the horimono shown on your katana, just make sure you don't use the bonji sanskrit characters, did you put them on the other side of your blades?
If you did, I think Mormacil's suggestion to change them into Daedric is a very good idea :yes:
Akavir mod leader.
06-20-2007, 08:29 PM,

no the other side of the blade show the same one, for optimum texture size it's better to make only 1 side of the swords.

but hey the goal in this thread isn't about katana and what's on them but rather about the story...(and when the elven daito stories are written I feel this will be lore breaking for many people).
06-23-2007, 06:47 PM,

It seems not many people are interested in the stories and their lore Confusedhrug:

I liked the story about the orc blade smith and the cleaver she made =)
Akavir mod leader.
06-23-2007, 09:30 PM,

I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can find anything..
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
06-24-2007, 05:44 PM,

I found the Elsweyr/Khajiit - Chapter 1 and 2 ? Two Rivals in Border Watch
somewhat Skooma use exaggerating they use Moon Sugar more than Skooma, and Skooma use isn't liked in Elsweyr. I also find the names somewhat strange, but sees who cares..

I'll look more later..
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
06-26-2007, 11:53 PM,

It seems not many people are interested in the stories and their lore Confusedhrug:

I liked the story about the orc blade smith and the cleaver she made =)

Yes, it's a shame...

Thank you, it is the story that got me on the RealSwords team, I enjoyed writing it alot.

Quote:Originally posted by Krisi-I found the Elsweyr/Khajiit - Chapter 1 and 2 ? Two Rivals in Border Watch
somewhat Skooma use exaggerating they use Moon Sugar more than Skooma, and Skooma use isn't liked in Elsweyr. I also find the names somewhat strange, but sees who cares..

I'll look more later..

I did not know that, I thought that since Skooma is just a refined liquified form of Moon Sugar that they didn't care. Elhazan wrote that particular text though, I'll tell him about it later.

Thank you Krisi- any criticism is welcome Smile
Writer for RealSwords
RealSwords WORKSHOP Forum
06-27-2007, 12:05 AM,

Maybe a lot of people don't notice this thread Confusedhrug:

Vocha you are obviously good at writing stories, i will make sure to read some more of your stories later :goodjob:
Akavir mod leader.
06-27-2007, 02:03 PM,

That's very nice of you Kodama, my stories are all under "Chronicles II - Orc" Smile

I think it's just that people don't like reading these days, and especially not on the internet or in a game. People have lost their patience in time I guess.

But as long as I enjoy writing, and there is the occasional "oddball" that is seperate from the rest and likes to read I'm satisfied.
Writer for RealSwords
RealSwords WORKSHOP Forum