Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waalx - Chronicles of Steel - lorefrienly enough?
06-27-2007, 02:06 PM,

The current generation has a shorter attention span but are better at multitasking Wink Call it evolution. Anyway I read TES books from time to time Smile I enjoy reading fiction.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
06-27-2007, 02:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil
The current generation has a shorter attention span but are better at multitasking Wink Call it evolution. Anyway I read TES books from time to time Smile I enjoy reading non fiction.

Well I guess I'm the oddball of my generation then, 'cause I'm seventeen and I multitask very well, and I enjoy reading more than breathing... Almost anyway Smile My attention span is more than descent if I may say so.

But I get your point, and I think you're right, it is evolution. I can't even imagine the future...

Non-fiction is good, but I tend to lean towards the miracle of fantasy I'm afraid Smile
Writer for RealSwords
RealSwords WORKSHOP Forum
06-27-2007, 02:20 PM,

My bad, I indeed ment fiction Tongue I got a slight wordfindproblem called visual thinking Tongue
The best way to see how we change it watching some movies. Start around 1950 and work up to 2000, you see the increase in speed is huge.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
06-27-2007, 03:58 PM,

Cant believe I missed this thread, I have been following the progress from a distance and was over awed not just by the quality of the swords but the need to back them up in lore. I'm not much of a lore buff or a writer but I'll read your stories and see if any inaccuracies jump out at me. I applaud your ambition and effort! Must take ages to do all this stuff! :bow:
06-27-2007, 07:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Durdain
Cant believe I missed this thread, I have been following the progress from a distance and was over awed not just by the quality of the swords but the need to back them up in lore. I'm not much of a lore buff or a writer but I'll read your stories and see if any inaccuracies jump out at me. I applaud your ambition and effort! Must take ages to do all this stuff! :bow:

Just to clarify, I'm not the one doing the wonderful swords, that's Waalx. He's the one behind this great project and the creator of the entire concept. I'm just a guy he 'hired' to write some of the stories of the swords Smile

But I'll accept the kind words that are directed at the lore and stories, for those that I have written that is, thank you Durdain Smile

My bad, I indeed ment fiction I got a slight wordfindproblem called visual thinking
The best way to see how we change it watching some movies. Start around 1950 and work up to 2000, you see the increase in speed is huge.

No problem, and yes... You can see it the moment you watch an old western for example.
Writer for RealSwords
06-28-2007, 01:41 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Vocha
I'm just a guy he 'hired' to write

Let me guess, lousy work hours and no paycheck Big Grin

I have been reading two of your stories, the one with the manhood ritual (good job).
And the story with the disfigured orc, a good story, but i don't really get why he killed himself all of a sudden :confused:
And how do small orc children survive anyway?
I think the story is good, but needs to be a bit more logical to be believable.
Akavir mod leader.
06-28-2007, 01:46 AM,

The current generation has a shorter attention span but are better at multitasking Wink Call it evolution. Anyway I read TES books from time to time Smile I enjoy reading fiction.

my guess is, it's the way information travel and is available to anyone everywhere.

When I was younger the web and all that techno stuff didn't exist, and even references books were few in comparison to what's being offered now to a kid that want to get some info.

the multitasking come from that fact as well. the new revolution in the world is the death of taboo, freedom of information, (well in almost all countries)..information is flowing so much we cannot keep up.

That was never like this before in history. I'm only 33 years old and yet I still see a great difference compared to when I was 5 years old sitting in a cinema and watching Star Wars for the first time..at the time no one understood anything. We were not being fed information 'on demand' as we are now. Most people were in the dark about most of the rest of the world..now, it's getting better, ignorance is giving way to knowledge and freedom start to sprout into the mind of collectivity, even for people that never tried to stand up for themselves before in history (like Muslim women).

back to the Chronicles of Steel...

I know where it's going, and all I can say about this, is it's going to be one of the biggest story written for ES4. and it's not only a text, it's part of Realswords quest and to understand what to do and why, you have to read. if not..good luck! you will never know about the quest if you don't read the stories actually. . and even reading, the clues will be very hard to find.

but for those who will take the time to read and do the quest, it will be a very particular experience I believe..at least if what I have in mind for it can be made completely.
06-28-2007, 01:56 AM,

We are sooo old Big Grin

Making people read the stories is a very good idea, it will be a complete nightmare for those who would have preferred a video version of the stories :]

EDIT: Waalx i figured you would have been 34 by now, i guess you will be 34 soon eh?
Akavir mod leader.
06-28-2007, 11:26 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama

Let me guess, lousy work hours and no paycheck Big Grin

I have been reading two of your stories, the one with the manhood ritual (good job).
And the story with the disfigured orc, a good story, but I don't really get why he killed himself all of a sudden :confused:
And how do small orc children survive anyway?
I think the story is good, but needs to be a bit more logical to be believable.

It's not like that at all, I enjoy writing for this project Smile

The Ritual Legend text is going to be completely re-written, it was an experiment on my side to leave out story and focus on the sword, but it was flawed and Waalx didn't like it Smile

About the story with the disfigured Orc, it has alot of hidden meanings and such. The reason for why he killed himself so suddenly is because his whole life-image comes crashing down on him when Malacath tells him that he has (despite of his attempts to constantly better himself) just made everything in his life intolerable.

He can't stand all the emotions that had built up because of his hand, face and all the hardships he had endured. So when Malacath mocks his very effort to survive he just gives up and ends his own life.

Orcish children survive just like everyone else, they are brought up by their parents. The situation that Malachi is in is because the war of Orsinium was just over and the land was in chaos. Malachi is also very different from normal Orcish children in that he is Malacath's son (so I don't think we can compare his survivability rate with that of normal Orcish children Smile)

The story is very complicated, it was my intention. It is supposed to be hard to understand and full of cameo's, if you want to understand it better, read it again, read the posts in the forum regarding the text and use your imagination. The story is not meant to be logical, it is meant to be confusing so that people will have to put effort into understanding it.

Whether or not Waalx will utilize that when it comes to the Chronicles of Steel quest I don't know, I just wrote it 'cause it was fun Big Grin

Thanks again Kodama for you great comments! =)
Writer for RealSwords
06-28-2007, 08:11 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Vocha
Orcish children survive just like everyone else, they are brought up by their parents. The situation that Malachi is in is because the war of Orsinium was just over and the land was in chaos. Malachi is also very different from normal Orcish children in that he is Malacath's son (so I don't think we can compare his survivability rate with that of normal Orcish children Smile)

The story is very complicated, it was my intention. It is supposed to be hard to understand and full of cameo's, if you want to understand it better, read it again, read the posts in the forum regarding the text and use your imagination. The story is not meant to be logical, it is meant to be confusing so that people will have to put effort into understanding it.

I thought it was something like that, it makes more sense now.
Akavir mod leader.