Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water top housing
12-14-2008, 12:04 PM,

Great! That would be awesome in the coast villages!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-14-2008, 12:39 PM,

That's what i can made:

[Image: BMWaterTopHouse01.jpg]

I send it for a better modeller than me,and he/she can fix it and texture it.
12-14-2008, 12:55 PM,

Cool start, but I think it should have longer legs to be able to stand in deep water.
12-14-2008, 02:28 PM,

I think the legs look okay to me. I'd just like to see it with more of a rounded top so that it can end up looking more like KuKulza's awesome drawing. Do you still have the models for this, Senten?

We should probably have a thread devoted to naming and pooling all our assets, both complete and WiP, just for reference purposes and to see what possibilities exist for area modders. This should be a sticky thread in the 'Models and Textures' section with links to the separate items. It would do us the world of good in terms of organisation.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-14-2008, 03:08 PM,

Okay,here is a newer version:

[Image: BMWaterTopHouse01a.jpg]

I updated the top of the house as requested by Ibsen,and i made longer the legs as requested by LPS_.

What do you think?
12-14-2008, 03:31 PM,

Nice :goodjob: ...except I'm now thinking that splaying the legs out a bit more will enable the model to look more capable of being 'shimmied' up so that you can climb up to a trapdoor as you can see in KuKulza's drawing.

I kind of like having the balcony and door on your version but I nonetheless wonder if it would look better having merely a trapdoor entry point. Your version would make the models easier to connect up with bridges across the waters but the full cone-shape (without the balcony) nonetheless looks great. I'd particularly like to see those wooden slats topped off with thatch.

Perhaps a compromise can be achieved...a trapdoor entry point with notches on the model's legs and a ladder leading up to it and one version of the model featuring one or more doors 'cut into' the main cone shape that could lead on to a bridge.

I've seen a design a little bit like this in Elsweyr but I'd love to have our own. As KuKulza's drawing shows, spikes on the legs and a more 'lower-class hut' look would make this unique.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
12-14-2008, 03:36 PM,

Okay,i'll do something. Wink

EDIT: Okay here is the new.

[Image: BMWaterTopHouse01b.jpg]

That's my version,what do you think?
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM,

It's not entirely clear from the picture but from what I can see, it certainly seems to match nicely :goodjob: .
12-14-2008, 04:17 PM,

The green and darkish thing is the water.You swim to the deck.Jump and you can go up in the ladder to the trapdoor.Thats the instructions. :goodjob:
12-14-2008, 04:18 PM,

too low poly for oblivion, imo. bevel all your edges, or make the whole thing round like the concept. perfect 90 degree angles look cheap in oblivion no mater how well they are textured.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era