Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have an animator
08-20-2006, 10:17 PM,
We have an animator
Everyone let's give it up for Heywood, he can animate!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :bananarock: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I normaly try to resist emoticon splurging, but this called for it.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-20-2006, 10:25 PM,

Here, here to Heywood. :jump:
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
08-20-2006, 10:43 PM,

:banana: Huzzah!! :banana:
08-20-2006, 10:54 PM,

[Image: til_fishystick.jpg]
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
08-20-2006, 11:30 PM,

Yay, bring on the drinks! :cheers: :wasted:
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
08-20-2006, 11:37 PM,

:lmao:

Oh man...you guys are too much hehe.

Just to let ya know, animation takes longer than modelling most of the time...but leaves more room for progress shots. The way I animate is i block out the general poses first with no in-betweens, so the first time you look at my first stage the character will look like it "pops" from one pose to the next. I do this that way i can see exactly when on the timeline that pose will hit...so we can work out timing...then i go in and flush it out (the long part).
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves."

- Ernesto Che Guevara
08-20-2006, 11:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Heywood
The way I animate is I block out the general poses first with no in-betweens, so the first time you look at my first stage the character will look like it "pops" from one pose to the next. I do this that way I can see exactly when on the timeline that pose will hit...so we can work out timing...then I go in and flush it out (the long part).
Now say it in English, but slowly. Big Grin

Hey btw, can you do a wing animation for my flying platypus mod? :lmao:
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
08-20-2006, 11:46 PM,

Basically what I mean is that the first stage of animation is just getting the key frames in place. Say that I'm animating a jump for example. the first pose would be stationary standing...then the next one would be the character crouched down building up energy to push off the ground and so on thru the jump. By "no in-betweens" I mean that from the standing to the crouching poses there will be no movement...it would hold in place untill the pose of the crouch, then "pop" into that position without any transition frames. It looks weird to a non animator, but it helps me to get timing down (less keyframes = less crap to edit) Hope that is a bit clearer heh.

and since when to platypus fly lol!
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves."

- Ernesto Che Guevara
08-20-2006, 11:47 PM,

basicly hes saying that he will provide pics of different position in the animation as a WIP.

for a standing up anim it would be sittting > half standing knees bend > fully standing.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
08-20-2006, 11:48 PM,

Crystal, your current priority should be the helmet, then if possible could you work on some architecture? There is no rush on the animations.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I