Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather Effects
06-17-2009, 09:28 AM,
Weather Effects
I just had an Idea to make more realistic Thunderstorms in the marshes, but I havn't yet understood how to do that, maybe someone has some Ideas?

Btw, check out these two vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DoyROr8eos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhHG3698p...L&index=28
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-17-2009, 11:17 AM,

Yes, I'd noticed that. I'd considered using it in Stormhold somehow just as an addition to the natural storms. I'm sure it could be done but, as ever, I'm more interested in getting the basic foundations down first. However, I'm looking into using this: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19978 maybe for the Parchlands. Zack11 suggested it over at Elsweyr: Desert Sandstorms .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
06-17-2009, 12:03 PM,

I downloaded PJ's Lightning strikes today, and ooh yeah, they impressed me. The plugin includes new thunder sounds and lightning bolts during thunderstorms that can kill creatures ar even the PC.

btw, are there any Volcanoes in Tamriel?
06-17-2009, 12:38 PM,

Yes, definitely in Morrowind. I'm not sure about anywhere else though. Actually, considering the overall climate of the blackmarshes then it's logical that there may be some volcanoes over here, perhaps around the Arnesian Jungle......I moved this post to 'The Sticky Guar' although we now have a question actually related to lore: are there any volcanoes in BM?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-17-2009, 12:41 PM,

Volcanoes are not connected with Climate, they appear in places where the crust is thin... But THEY can influence the climate ( poisonous gas, acid rain, sulphur)
06-17-2009, 02:38 PM,

I think geysers and such might be a possibility in some areas, but I'm pretty sure that Red Mountain in Morrowind is the only proper volcano in tamriel.

x

edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
06-17-2009, 06:22 PM,

I think llamaranger's right. It's only Red Mountain and Skyrim that have volcanoes, but geysers would be really cool on the Morrowind border!
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
06-17-2009, 06:52 PM,

Yes, I think so
06-17-2009, 06:52 PM,

Now geysers would make for a fine little gameplay enhancer in the landscape! :yes:
06-17-2009, 06:53 PM,

We can make smth like hot springs which can be used for argonian medicine.