Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you listening to?
08-13-2006, 11:36 PM,
What are you listening to?
Well, there seems to be one of these threads on every forum I go to (except this one) so I made one Smile

Currently I'm listening to The Zutons, The Strokes and The Mars Volta; all awesome stuff.

And yes, just in case you were wondering, I have a thing for bands starting with The.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

->Sir Winston Churchill
08-13-2006, 11:58 PM,
RE: What are you listening to?
What type of music do your groups play Smokindan?

Me, my 3 favorite bands are:
Relient K, Weezer, and Ozma. 3 great punk bands. They all have weird and clever lyrics. Relient K often sings about religious topics. Weezer sings largly about rejection/love. And Ozma, well Ozma is crazy, they sound like Weezer trying to be a techno group. They have songs about building with Legos and playing The Legend of Zelda, they even took a Russian folk melody and played it with an electric guitar, there songs are called things like "Flight of the Bootymaster", "Bad Dogs", and "Landing of Yuri Gagarin".

Other groups I like: U2, The Cure, Stellastar*, Nada Surf, Weird Al, Jack Johnson, Michael Buble', and Five for Fighting.
08-14-2006, 12:03 AM,
"Outkast"! Yeah!
08-14-2006, 01:05 AM,

The Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, David Bowie, Queen, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, The Dead.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-14-2006, 01:10 AM,
One of bobbyhood's songs. =)

I like Death Cab For Cutie, Stone Sour, Weezer, Tool, Goo Goo Dolls, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Hinder (from my hometown, actually... awesome!)
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
08-14-2006, 10:40 AM,
Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
What type of music do your groups play Smokindan?

The Strokes and Zutons are upbeat kinda bands (although they do have sad songs.) Just fun to listen to and sing along to (in the shower...Smile)
The Mars Volta are more experimental, you know the 12-minute songs etc. but sound awesome.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

->Sir Winston Churchill
08-14-2006, 04:29 PM,

Lostprophets, slipnot, Avenged 7 Fold, Rob Zombie, and some others as well as kickin it old school to AC-DC, Queen, and Powerman 5K
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
09-12-2006, 09:49 PM,

Metal all the way, currently Blind Guardian: Crimson King; damn that start is good. Smile
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-12-2006, 11:04 PM,

Kamelot, current track: Elizabet: part I (metal in case someone was wondering).
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
09-12-2006, 11:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Green @nt1-n00b
Lostprophets, slipnot, Avenged 7 Fold, Rob Zombie, and some others as well as kickin it old school to AC-DC, Queen, and Powerman 5K

Oh yea we like the same good stuff my friend
Kraken, its whats for diner.
Those are good words, I like to wave at them as they pass by.