Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writ Development
05-06-2007, 07:01 PM,
Writs
Howdy

WRITS are fairly easy to execute, we basically just need a mark. One thing I never did like about the WRITS was you never really knew why you were assasinating someone, or who the requester was. I'd like to propose we change that up a bit. As the player moves up the chain, he/she is prevy to a bit more information on why the assasination is taking place.

Also, and I think this is in our plan, that the requests to perform an assasination
can be given directly to our player from the requester and he/she may perform
the WRIT or give it to another member, this would be dependant on the players rank.

So then we need a number of WRITS to be performed and the names of the NPC's who will be getting executed and come up with some good background stories as to why they are marked.

Also I think we should make it a requirement that if a WRIT is performed the player must present themselves to the local authorities and turn in their WRIT or they get a bounty

Comments?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-06-2007, 07:11 PM,

Ahh i like the turning in of the writ thing. here's an addition to it: you only have to turn it in to the authorities if you get caught. If you bring the writ back without a bounty, you get a bonus.

Everyone will have a small backstory to why they're getting killed i think. Whether they angered a noble, couldn't pay their gambling debts, killed someone, profane a tomb, ect. I think somewhere should be included a reason for the writ.

Hadn't thought about direct assassination requests. I'd always taken it for granted that all requests have to first go through the guildmaster. Makes sure everything's paid and mephala's pleased.

I was actually going to make a writs section myself, so that people could discuss different ideas for writs, and ways to make the bloodshed more interesting.

Basically there needs to be a lot of special circumstances, along with some plain old fashioned assassination.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-06-2007, 08:22 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Ahh I like the turning in of the writ thing. here's an addition to it: you only have to turn it in to the authorities if you get caught. If you bring the writ back without a bounty, you get a bonus.

Actually I was thinking for all circumstances as it is really an official requirement that was not adhered to in MW

Everyone will have a small backstory to why they're getting killed I think. Whether they angered a noble, couldn't pay their gambling debts, killed someone, profane a tomb, ect. I think somewhere should be included a reason for the writ.

:check:

Hadn't thought about direct assassination requests. I'd always taken it for granted that all requests have to first go through the guildmaster. Makes sure everything's paid and mephala's pleased.

Well it was more of a rank privilage thing. This wouldn't begin until the player has reached rank 7 (Knower)

I was actually going to make a writs section myself, so that people could discuss different ideas for writs, and ways to make the bloodshed more interesting.

Let's Do it :goodjob:

Basically there needs to be a lot of special circumstances, along with some plain old fashioned assassination

agreed.

The Morag Tong will reign

Enjoy
Bob

05-06-2007, 08:50 PM,

I would like if we could have a writ on a pirat captain, like with the DB but much more to it. The boat will be larger with more crew, and it will not have a balcony at the back. You can get onboard in a crate as in the DB, but this time you will have to get back into the crate again to get of, as you will have to do the assassination out at sea.
I have a thought that you will wake up in the crate, totaly black, only hearing what the rest of the crew is talking about, and you hear angry voices. Then a fight breaks out among the crew about who killed there captain, it don't ocure that they might have an assassin onboard. after the fight it will only be 3 crewmembers left, and they will take the boat back to from where they left, as they didn't get to far. you will wake up once you are back and all the pirates that are left will go ashore and stand and guard the ship for a while. This is when you have to get out on deck and jump over board on the sea side so that they don't notice you.

The history of this writ might be that theas pirates are either pirates or smugglers.
If they are pirates, it can be that a noblemans family was going by ship from one place to another when they were attacked by theas pirates, he have learnt this from asking a survivor of the attack. So he wants the captain dead, as he orderd the killing of his family.
If they are smugglers, they smuggle skooma. And this noblemans wife had been caught in skooma addiction, and finaly it had killed her. Now this nobleman had traced down the seller of the skooma to his wife, and now he wants the leader of the group killed, but every other member that dies too is a bounus.

how about this? can it be done with the talking and such.
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
05-07-2007, 12:03 AM,

Hmm i'm afraid it'd be seen as unoriginal, because as you mentioned there was a pirate killing quest. If done well though, it could be different enough.

Hmm, what if there was a naval vessel that mutinied, and you are sent to kill the captain, leaving it helpless, and ready for retrieval? The ship would be anchored in some river, and you'd have to climb aboard through a hole in the side (battle damage from when the redoran navy tried to get it back). I think it makes sense, cause the redoran navy isn't particularly competent, so it's believable that they'd be unable to get back a ship.

Plus, this way it'd be a bit more original than pirates and crates, you know?

Bob196045 Makes sense you'd have to turn in the writ now that i think about it. That's how the guards know not to investigate the killing, and does give it a sense of officiality. Never see the DB doing anything like this eh?

Personal requests as a privilege of rank? Sounds good. It'd be a nice setup for botched writs. Maybe you'd ask for a Writ, and the guildmaster can tell you that the client has special instructions, and requested you specifically? It makes for a nice nice way to learn all the backstory behind the writ, and introduce special conditions
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
10-03-2007, 10:28 PM,

Back on this subject of writs I had a brain infraction while discussing this with Grandmaster Seniosh

Quests involving the NPC's which as a member of the Tong you will have to assasinate later

How it would work (Basic)

You provide a misc. service to an NPC questgiver, maybe to recover a lost or stolen item, steal something or anything...

Once you've provided the service, it could make the other party a bit angry and they may pay to have the questgiver you did the service for executed so a writ is issued and you as a member of the tong are asked to fulfill it

?

Enjoy
Bob

10-03-2007, 10:39 PM,
How about getting a writ served on you?
I have no idea how this would work, but it might be cool to set up a "trip-wire" quest that sets up the PC as a writ target. I guess the main conceptual question is whether the MT pursue unto death or whether a deal could be worked after your CoC took care of a few. Smile

Just a thought,
Steve
10-04-2007, 02:39 AM,

I think that builds nicely on Bob's idea of having side-quests which can initiate a writ (if you are in the tong). If you get someone really pissed off at you, they'll send assassins after you. And i don't know exactly what happens if an assassin gets killed... do they just keep sending men against the target? Maybe they'd send one man every week until you finally just killed the guy who issued the writ...

Sounds feasable.

Grandmaster Seniosh... sounds kinda funny, but i like it Big Grin
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
10-04-2007, 03:30 AM,

To answer Steve I think its until the target is dead, they just keep coming, but I am sure theirs probably stipulations to the contract with the tong (theirs always the small print) The tong doesnt want to loose to many members but the otherside of it is they don't want their reputation to be ruined

As far as the quests go:

I was seeing it this way

I am playing, I go into a random home and talk to the owner, he says that he has a job for me if I am willing, I agree, he says he has lost his gold walking stick and he tells you were he thinks he left it, I go to find it and inquire with the locals, I am told that a man was seen just earlier walking proudly with his new gold walking stick
they say it is new, bacuase the man is familiar to the locals, but they have never seen him with the stick, I inquire as to his residence and I am directed. I confront the man and he eventually surrenders the stick, but swears vengence

Currently I am not in the tong, so he approaches the guildmaster and tells the guild master I stole his gold stick and the guard will do nothing about it, he wants justice the Dunmer way. An Honorable writ has been issued against me.

Second scenario, same situation but I am a member of the tong, I recover the stick and return it to the owner. Now I decide to go about my tong business, I approach the Grandmaster and he says he has another job, I am to assisnate the man (name XXX) I go to this mans home to discover he is the same man I had just reovered the stick for. He knows why I am their (they always do) I can kill him or I can hear his story and help prove his innocence to the grandmaster by confronting the requester(man who had the stick) and forcing him to confess the lie.

Now back to scene 1

If I have a writ against me but I want to join the Tong how do I get this writ removed.

Maybe this can be one of the ways to get into the tong ?

Possibly we can have one quest like the one described here, that would cause this very scenerio and lead the player to the tong for an oppertunity to join

If the player chooses not to join the tong under these circumstances the player is warned that he will be hunted until the tongs mission is fulfilled or until the Writ Requester (whom the player will not know, unless serious investigation is done ) is dead

If we do this correctly it will add another level to the gaming pleasure

Enjoy
Bob

11-15-2007, 10:25 AM,

What about if the player simply has a writ against them and they have to locate the person that requested the writ and kill them, this will initiate the joining of the guild, that way it shows them you are capable of tracking down a target and emoving them.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]