Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writ Development
07-24-2008, 04:25 AM,

You could also write one about some type of trading. We already know that there are some issues in Morrowind along those lines so it would make sense. It could be House against House, say the Imperial siding House has trade that is upsetting those who have a more Morrowind sided viewpoint so they apply to the Tong to make things "difficult" for the other House's trade. Up to you to decide if there is an effect in the game from it (perhaps some economic flux could be introduced in the way prices for some items are handled?) or not.

On the other hand, you could even make it an in-House quarrel where one faction is leaning towards working with the Imperials and the other faction is against working with the Imperials. Either way, it seems to fit in with the history of Morrowind nicely.
07-24-2008, 04:46 PM,

Ahh, Redoran vs Hlaalu. Yes, i think that a trade-war could work quite nicely. Assassinate some merchants, some corrupt trade administrators who are giving all the contracts to Hlaalu, etc. It would definitely fit in with the story.

(Notice the new thread people? Admin options are nifty!)

Intrafaction warfare works nicely too.

@Bob, nice ideas! Definitely gets into NPCs having distinct backgrounds. Maybe in the dialogue, we could throw in a twist and have NPC B regret the decision and become a depressed alcoholic. Just to add life to NPCs
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
07-24-2008, 08:58 PM,

:goodjob: to the admin options

The trade disputes could make a nice quest or two I wouldn't dabble into it more than that since Traders Guild and Trading disputes were part of Morrowind and the Traders Guild is going to be or at least was thought of being used in Silgrad Oblvion. It might take away from the ability to mod a questline for the guild

The idea of having the NPC regret the hiring of an assasin could lead us to a nice sideline quest

Heres the thought which popped into my head

NPC B spends his life now in the pub getting drunk...he regrets having his friend killed for the money and wishes their was some way to make it up. During your (players) travels you come across a small cave, inside the cave you meet a ghost who does not attack but seems afraid, he is unsure how he got their and why, he gives his name (if you've run into NPC B you'll know who he is) if not you'll get the story

If you've run into B you can tell C you know his friend and he regrets what he did and wants to make it up

C will tell you that he understands and B can make it up by giving all the treasure to his family in (XXXXX) including A's share

If you have not run into B yet this is your chance to learn of the events
C will tell you one minute he was in his room and next he was in this cave but didn't know anything more, your job is to find out

I'll leave the finding and doing for another thread if you like these ideas I will add them to another post as a Morag Tong sidequest

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-24-2008, 09:04 PM,

Well, you should already know NPC C, seeing as you're the one who killed him, right?

Something could still be done with the idea, i'm sure. For one thing, if NPC C was never properly put to rest after being assassinated, he could ask you to tell NPC B to give him a proper burial or something along those lines. Perhaps carry his skull to an ancestral tomb.

But this is a topic for another thread, which comes after a writ is completed!

Lets get some basic writ ideas in here, rambling is fun, but i've gotta crank out a few. I might see if i can acquire some farmland to use in an assassination.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-24-2008, 10:53 PM,

Sounds good

Writs !!!

Traveling Merchants

Two traveling merchants have been disputing over their trade route on the road between RP and Steadhelm. This has gone on for some time and finally Trader X kills player Y... Player Y's family knows it was player X as they hired a thief to find the proof.

Your given the task of assisnating player X

reward?

For Higher ranking members
The brother of Ja'Fazir is
(Blackwood company)(part of the FG quests in OB)
in Soluthis to negociate a contract with some rogues to create trouble with the local fighters guild

The fighters guild gets word of this and requests a writ of execution against him.

Colin Stedrine, the male servent of Castle Anvil has been in love with Beatrice Gene the female servent However Colin has discovered the Beatrice is having an affair with a local Steadhelm man who frequents Anvil on his journey's, he (Colin) has sent word to the Tong via messenger that he wishes is rival dead and offers 500 gold

Enjoy
Bob

07-25-2008, 01:29 AM,

Hmm, can someone who doesn't live in Morrowind take out a writ on someone who does? That's an interesting legal question, and my instinct would be to say yes. Wonder if there's any lore on "Mail-in writs"

Traveling merchants is another easy one which i could do in a few days (hopefully). The merchant doesn't even need to have a home, he can stay at Inns, and his dialogue can be simple. Plus, while he's alive, it'll be nice for ambiance!

Just gotta wait for the roads to be built!

The FG thing sounds good, with one minor problem - Wasn't the Blackwood company dissolved at the conclusion of the FG mainquest?

Though i suppose he could go and cause trouble anyways, because the Blackwood part isn't critical, it could just be nifty background trivia.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-25-2008, 04:53 AM,

Yes, the Blackwood Company was dissolved, at least in so much as it no longer exists in Cyrodiil. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that all of the members are dead (some could have been in other provinces at the time) and there is always the family who might have an issue with the Fighter's Guild having killed their beloved brother, father, companion, co-member etc. Bob's idea could be made to work in either of those two cases while retaining the Blackwood Company as the starting reason for things.
07-25-2008, 10:16 AM,

I think the Anvil writ would be ok. the Tong is Sanctioned by the Empire and their are groups of Tong Assasins throughout Tamriel

On the Blackwood Company, my thought here was that Ja'Fazir's brother is causeing this trouble because his brother was killed by
the FG.

Good you brought that up though I nearly had second thoughts about it

Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob