Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your friend from up North
05-21-2006, 03:04 AM,
I'm glad you became charge of the Morrowind mod. Just PM me if you need any changes up North and I'll do the same southwards.

One suggestion though, road markers. On the next release could you point some road markers for Cormaris View and Blacklight?
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
05-21-2006, 05:47 AM,
RE: Your friend from up North
North ?

Funny thing you should say that

If you dont mind enlightening me to a problem I'm having

as follows:

Made interior cells for the Nord village (Ulfthred)
named them
Frostmanes House
TanHides House
Ironfists House
and ye ole: Bristleback Inn & Pub

placed the north marker
placed interior cell: in_s__longhouse_med
added a doorjam: in_s_doorjam
added a door: in_s_door
aligned everything nice and perty

double clicked the door and set the teleport to the Jarnhald mountains grid location -27, 7 aligned the marker in front of the house
clicked the exterior door and set the teleport to the interior cell

no problem, everything worked, saved ! tested in game! all is good !!

did same on 2nd, 3rd and then 4th testing in game each time

on the 4th however when i went to test in game the external door on the first house I did was gone :eek:

so I went back into the cs and looked at everything and it was all their all working

so if figured I would just delete that particular cell and start it again

I did... exactly like before everything worked.... went to do in game test and :eek: the 2nd house i did the ex door was gone

what did I not do correctly

ty tyvm

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-21-2006, 09:16 AM,
Bob

Are you working and saving directly on the main Silgrad tower esp ? If so I'll be back with an explanation and workaround for this problem. I have to go to work shortly and don't have time to chat right now.
05-21-2006, 03:52 PM,
yes i am saving directly to the ST

sorry you have to work today
enjoy

thanks
Bob

05-21-2006, 10:39 PM,
It's quite common problem which you will see a lot when working on big mods, I think it is because the CS is only capable of saving a limited amount of data per cell and if you exceed that limit then some of your work doesn't get saved so you end up with things like missing doors, buildings, steps etc. another common occurence is that the height of some of the land will revert back to what it was in the original Morrowind and you end up with holes in the landscape due to the different heights of adjoining land tiles so you'll need to check that the land looks ok in the area you were working.

Fortunately it is easy to avoid the problem by doing your work in a separate esp then when you are happy with it , simply merge it into the main Silgrad ESP. The important thing is not to let your working esp's get too big before merging them into the main one.
05-21-2006, 10:46 PM,
Thank you very much for the info

my best choice here would be to make the interior cells in a seperate esp file and then merge it to the ST release
sounds simple enough
I'll try it

Thanks
Again
BOB

05-21-2006, 11:24 PM,
Yes try that, though the problem usually occurs in exterior cells.

I suspect that what happened in your case was that the exterior cell you had worked on was already at its full capacity so when you placed the teleport marker outside the door the CS saved that but at the expense of losing the door. Had you went back and attempted to repair the door then most likely you would have lost something else somewhere in that cell.
05-22-2006, 01:13 AM,

That's very odd. I've never had that happen to me in the old CS, and I sometimes worked in cells with more than 600 ref counts (which was really pushing my card back then in -04). If you see exterior cells which have exact borders that look chopped off and you can see underneath the landscape that is most likely because the cell data beyond that cell has been chopped out on purpose with a cleaner tool.

If those chops doesn't follow the exterior cell borders then it's most likely another problem than a cleaner tool, but I can't say I've ever seen or heard of that happening. =)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-22-2006, 03:57 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
That's very odd. I've never had that happen to me in the old CS, and I sometimes worked in cells with more than 600 ref counts (which was really pushing my card back then in -04). If you see exterior cells which have exact borders that look chopped off and you can see underneath the landscape that is most likely because the cell data beyond that cell has been chopped out on purpose with a cleaner tool.

If those chops doesn't follow the exterior cell borders then it's most likely another problem than a cleaner tool, but I can't say I've ever seen or heard of that happening. =)
The reason border regions chop off like that is because the cells next to them had no region name or no modifications, so it cleaned them, i have fixed this in an update i sent to bob, in that version, ST has working Border Regions. (See below Pic)

(EDIT) Also, there were 3 cells that were set to D (Delete) for no particular reason, 2 were up north, which created a problem with Blacklight, as the mountains west of Cormaris View were there, and 1 was to the deep south on the boder, which wasnt really a problem, this made weird seams in those areas.

[Image: border.jpg]
MSN: ancientdwarvenchaosknight@hotmail.com
05-22-2006, 04:14 AM,
up north friends
Im glad Im learning all this stuff

Just so you know, by creating seperate esp's for the interiors and merging them all together worked...except one thing, you probably allready know

doubling....2 of each NPC nothing else though just the NPC

I know theirs a way to fix it
Just dont know how

Smile

Bob