Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a Unique NPC- Telvanni War-wizard
12-18-2005, 01:19 PM,
a Unique NPC- Telvanni War-wizard
I found this piece of concept art for Morrowind... it was early in developement and is a concept of a Telvanni wizard....
[Image: telvanni6fh.jpg]
the strange insectoid armor looks intimidating... this wizard looks decked out for war...
so I was inspired to make a story for this guy... he'll probably be important to the Telvanni quests also...
if put in-game he may not look quite the same, but probably based on the same organic look and insect looking....

Sakin Kushkallit
This ancient Dunmer was born several years after the War of the First Council. When he was born the was a great rift in Dunmer society. The Great Houses and their clans began encroaching upon Velothi lands. The Ashlanders, who at that time were often called Velothi as they most accurately lived by the acient lifestyle of the Chimer Velothi, were being driven off their lands... eventually, the only Ashlanders that remained were those on Vvardenfell, which was officially Temple Lands and off-limits to all Great Houses and outlanders.
At a young age, Sakin was a warrior of his Velothi tribe living on the mainland on the Indoril-Telvanni border. However, he was also gifted with magical powers, and was able to manipulate magic better than even the wise-woman of his clan. One day, a group of Indoril warriors raided his village while he and his hunters were away. When the hunters returned they found Indoril warriors burning their yurts and raping their women-folk. The Velothi hunters killed all the Indoril clansmen but only two Velothi survived. These two, an initiate wise-woman and Sakin himself decided to travel to the Telvanni land where they could hide inthe wilderness and escape Indoril warriors wanting revenge.
Eventually, the wise-woman initiate decided to go to Vvardenfell to find the last of her kin. Sakin became a Telvanni hireling and was eventually adopted into Great House Telvanni. His magical skills were impressive and an old Telvanni sorcerer and "battle-mage", a veteran of the War of the First Council, took him in and refined his skills in both warfare and magic. Eventually Sakin became a Mouth for that Telvanni sorcerer lord. However, he left his occupation and went into self-exile.
Sakin Kushkallit searched through the Morrowind mainland for remnants of Velothi people but only found abandoned caves, broken yurts, and burned camps. He searched in vain but eventually returned into the Telvanni wilderness and live as a hermit would. He blended Telvanni ways with Ashlander and lived alone in the mushroom forests of the Telvanni country.
However, he later heard that the Blight was gone, Dagoth Ur defeated, Nerevar's reincarnation, and also of the Telvanni's aggressive colonization on Vvardenfell. Therefore, he packed his yurt, and traveled to Vvardenfell. He talked to Aryon, to Divayth Fyr, and the other sorcerer-lords of the Telvanni. After learning all that he could, the ancient wizard set up his yurt deep in the Molag Amur region and lived among the Erabenimsun and affiliated tribes. Although Aryon periodically sends envoys trying to convince Sakin Kushkallit to help lead the Telvanni warbands and to train the mage-warriors, the old war-wizard politely declines and says that his powers should be invested in helping his people survive... though he does not deny is affiliation to the Telvanni. Rather, he improves Ashlander-Telvanni relations.
He has three wives and seven children. They are their own mini-clan as they travel in the Molag Amur. One of his wives, Berapli Dunsamsi is a mabrigash. She was given birth to a son and a daughter. The son, Juhallit, is a hunter and the daughter, Bensupil, a herder. The second wife is a Telvanni sorceress, Llunela Ulessen. She had given Sakin three children. The boy, Temis, is now a Telvanni warrior, one of the daughters is a prostitue (Varasa) and the other a mage (Fevasa). The third wife, a woman of the barbarian-sort but not actually an Ashlander. Many of these wandering barbarians are House Dagoth members who live disguised as Ashlanders do in the inhospitable wastelands. Her name is Tuveso Thenim. This woman has given birth to two sons. One is a Morag Tong member, Gilvas, another was a hunter, Uradras, however he was 'lost' near Telasero, and was never seen again. The wives live with Sakin, but of his children only Juhalit, Bensupil, and Fevasa live with him. Varasa lives in Sadrith Mora, Temis is stationed at Mababi, Gilvas is in the Sadrith Mora Morag Tong guildhall, and Uradras is said to be lost in Telasero.
The Telvanni Council of Vvardenfell urges Sakin Kushkallit to move to Tel Aruhn and become a councilor and oversee the Telvanni army. However, Sakin declines, but continues to work for the betterment of both Telvanni and Ashlander though in subtle ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Quests?
Aryon sends you to give a letter to Sakin asking him for the last time to become politically active in the Telvanni council.
Sakin asks you to find all his children that are no longer living with him. You must get a token from each one.
Sakin asks that you visit all the Molag Amur and Azura's Coast ashlander clans and ask them to be friendly to Telvanni.

Sakin decides to finally help the Telvanni when they are plunged into the Great House War?
12-18-2005, 03:06 PM,

great, just awesome man :yes: Big Grin :goodjob: :bananarock:

i love the strange ways of the telvanni and this just hit right home with me! We definetly have to see this guy fight! i want to see him launch a huge, unique spell that engulfs at least 20-30ft (hey, an oppurtunity to create some of those scripted spells that we were talkign about in the other thread!) i really think that would go well with your last suggestion (like i said i want to see this guy fight Big Grin)

btw have you seen all of the morrowind concept art, theres a bit more telvanni stuff, but mostly redoran warriors and the like
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
12-18-2005, 05:42 PM,

actually the majority of the concept art I've seen is about Vivec and the Velothi House style and Redoran....
little Hlaalu and Telvanni... and a bit of Indoril and Dres... a tiny bit on Dagoth and corprus... a few animal ones...
mostly Redoran...

yeah, and as for the 3 wives and 7 children... I got kinda creative...
12-18-2005, 05:57 PM,

i get it, just expanding on fyr's weirdness, maybe it's just a telvanni thing :lmao:

adn i got all my concpet art from the the imperial libary which is probably where u got it from too

12-18-2005, 06:02 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by batman
i get it, just expanding on fyr's weirdness, maybe it's just a telvanni thing :lmao:

adn i got all my concpet art from the the imperial libary which is probably where u got it from too

same...
...I wonder... how did Divayth Fyr "make" his wife-daughters?
it may have to do with his experiments with corprus and some necromatic skill... and then he is able to give life to a lump of flesh and shape it....
how, if I could do that, I wouldn't need to go dating... I'd MAKE my date! ...Divayth is seriosuly cheating the conventional system of meeting women... Smile
12-18-2005, 06:11 PM,

hell yeah he is! if i was a millenia old wizard i wouldn't date either! :lmao:

but yeah, i was just thinking, how close to that concept do you want to get with Sakin, i mean, how much work do you want to put in? (unique armor, robes, clothes, spells...)

12-18-2005, 06:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by batman
hell yeah he is! if i was a millenia old wizard i wouldn't date either! :lmao:

but yeah, i was just thinking, how close to that concept do you want to get with Sakin, i mean, how much work do you want to put in? (unique armor, robes, clothes, spells...)

hmm... should he be a regular NPC like a AI run character... or should he be like a beast... AI run... but not like the player character...?
cause if he's based on a creature... we don't need to give him armor.. just make it PART of the model... and custom animations... etc.
12-18-2005, 06:20 PM,

yeah thats what i'm trying to get at here!

(my opinion is that he should be an regular NPC, but with fanciful clothes Big Grin, you know, a huge robe and giant pauldrons, and crazy spells, oh and a huge, unique staff)

12-18-2005, 09:42 PM,

I'd say he should be a regular NPC... just more real that way...
and he should have a staff....something like this....
Kushkallit's War-staff
Damage: 10-50?
Enchantment (when strikes):
Absorb Fatigue 500
paralyze 60 sec.
Absorb Health 500

and maybe some of his special spells will be:
Petrify: paralyze 120 sec. in a radius of 12 feet
Velothi Grief: Drain Fatigue & Magicka 900 on target
Daedric Storm: shock 200 in a radius of 12 feet, summon 2 Storm Atronachs

....but we are keeping soem of the weird insecctoid looking armor....
12-18-2005, 09:47 PM,

hell yeah to the wierd insectoid armor! and i like the idea for he staff, but it needs be a ranged enchantment, there are no melee attacks with staves remember.