Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an island called Vounoura
04-08-2007, 09:09 PM,
an island called Vounoura
2920, The Last Year of the First Era
"Whenever any of our holy workers becomes too famous to continue the crusade, we send them to an island called Vounoura. It's not more than a month's voyage by boat, and I've arranged for a delightful estate for your sanctuary," the Night Mother kissed the girl's tears. "You meet many friends there, and I know you will find peace and happiness at last, my child."
~Night Mother of the Morag Tong at the end of the First Era

she was at Tel Arhun at the time I believe...

so what is this island called Vounoura?
not far from Vvardenfell... and since the HQ is in Vivec City... Morag Tong matters matter greatly to this mod... is this island cloaked by Mephala's powers? is this island IN Mephala's Oblivion realm? or maybe is it a real island but except just in a top-secret location? Confusedhrug: this could be fun
04-08-2007, 09:56 PM,
RE: an island called Vounoura
Hmm... maybe we could connect this to the Morag Tong storyline?

Is this the only description of the island mentioned?

This sounds good...
04-08-2007, 11:08 PM,

mhm... like a Morag Tong super-secret hide-out / retirement home / get-away
04-08-2007, 11:43 PM,

Sounds like there is no Island, and they are jus t going to kill her...
04-08-2007, 11:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
Sounds like there is no Island, and they are jus t going to kill her...
no, I don't think so... see...

in Fire and Darkness: The Brotherhoods of Death, a Morag Tong assassin says : "I will be leaving Vounoura in two weeks time to inspect your new tools, hoping they will be more satisfactory."

but also, the two are not very super-reliable sources... but it seems a commonality that there IS a place called Vounoura... and people come back... like they aren't going to go there to be killed be their own people
04-09-2007, 12:15 AM,

I'm thinking it would probably be up by the Sheogorad Region, so many islands there it's easy to hide one. Morag Tong hideout, if not one of their main headquarters, in my oppinion.

When someone says they're going to leave a place for an inspection, that usually means they are in an authoritative position. When someone of an authoritative position needs to go somewhere else, that is evident of a higher position, as otherwise they would stay in the place they were needed. Thus, Vonoura seems like a headquarters for the Morag Tong.
Lol what?
04-09-2007, 01:30 AM,

The Morag Tong has a lot of honor, from what i've heard. They reward their assassins greatly, and i highly doubt they'd just throw away good men (and women) once they became too well-known. It's just too petty and low. Altogether, not something in the character of the Morag Tong. Plus, if you have a ton of assassins on your headquarters island, it's practically undefeatable. you've just taken the best men you have and set them to guard the most important place you have, you aren't going to kill them.

Plus, they can train new recruits and stuff, as well as take administrative responsibilites.

Killing off the best of your men just doesn't make sense (plus, how are you going to kill them?? Can't have other members do it because of loyalty, and they know that they're next if they get too good, plus someone's likely to get injured or killed in the process)

It sounds like it would be a great idea to have this island as a place you can visit, prehaps when/if you become the head of the Morag Tong.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-09-2007, 01:35 AM,

unlike DBhood which purged its folks :eek:

good reasoning Seniosh! :goodjob:

my head's already swarmin' with ideas Big Grin
resting places, small beautiful estates, shrines to Mephala, meditative areas, training facilities, educational places... its like School of Americas except good!

(A Panamanian president once dubbed the School of Americas as the 'School of Assassins'. school of americas was a soldier-camp, sorta liek Westpoint Military Academy, that the USA made to train pro terrorists and counter-terrorists in Latin America... and the US wouldn't like people to know that their graduates have done very well, many of the mass murders and terrorism is perpetrated or led by or influenced by graduates of the old School of Americas... I believe the name has changed.)
04-09-2007, 01:44 AM,

Quote:resting places, small beautiful estates, shrines to Mephala, meditative areas, training facilities, educational places... its like School of Americas except good!

Because an ACTUAL school of assassins is better than a US training camp :eek:

DB though is crazy, i agree

Come to think of it, ironically this island HQ of assassins could be a pretty peaceful, beautiful, serene place, despite being the residence of expert assassins.
Like a buddhist temple with murderers = monks, and mephala = ...buddha?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-09-2007, 01:53 AM,

School of Americas grads cause terrorism all over Latino Americana
Morag Tong keep the peace in Morrowind...
but they are two very different groups and one is real and the other is fantasy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well... Mephala plays with Mortals for amusement
Buddha is said to return out of compassion...
and Buddhists believe anyone can achieve nirvana, achieve the buddha-hood...
I hope one day I am that awesome, but for now i am just me, maybe a future Buddha too ....come to think of it, i'm not sure I am totally Buddhist, but I take much of my moral background from it since my family and ancestors were mostly leaning towards buddhism
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok no more off topic, my bad

but yeah... the Morag Tong approach is weeding out the bad and troublesome, whether thats a good philosophy or not, their Tong believes it is the way and Mephala's will... and they also see it as a holy deed or crusade to be Mephala's hands, weeding out the evil of the world... but they must be ready to adapt to politics and secular events as well, thats why they survive as a LEGITIMATE assassins guild... though their name suggests they were once foresters... so sorta like assassins that needed to travel through great wilderness to find their target, seems to say their existence goes back to the early days of the Velothi migration