Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creatures
01-25-2006, 02:01 AM,

I think Guars are the result of a long time of evolution where predatorial lizardliess grew to be semi-vegetarian and became grazers and scavengers.... while its relative went on to be pack hunters.. Alits and Kagouti....

by the way, Guars can be many colors... in fact the ones living on the gigantic Deshaan Plain of central/south Morrowind are stripped.... resembling tigers... which is what one of the Emperors called them... tigers... Big Grin

and also, on Vvardenfell, we hope to ride guars, like horses... what do you guys think?

(personally I'd like to try riding a Durzog... Big Grin)
01-25-2006, 03:17 AM,

That is an amazing Guar, Dairon. It retains the original's hideously cute, fantasy appearance while adopting new and improved details, great job.

Quote:I think Guars are the result of a long time of evolution where predatorial lizardliess grew to be semi-vegetarian and became grazers and scavengers.... while its relative went on to be pack hunters.. Alits and Kagouti....

by the way, Guars can be many colors... in fact the ones living on the gigantic Deshaan Plain of central/south Morrowind are stripped.... resembling tigers... which is what one of the Emperors called them... tigers...

and also, on Vvardenfell, we hope to ride guars, like horses... what do you guys think?

(personally I'd like to try riding a Durzog... )

Well I dont know about riding them (Guars, that is; Durzogs seem perfectly fine Wink), simply because they seemed a bit too small in Morrowind to be used as anything besides pack animals. However, the addition of them as mounts would add a whole new level of realism and survival to the Vvardenfell economy, specificly to the Ashlanders, which could result in some interesting game changes, especially with Radiant AI. I would really love to see some different styled guars though, like these Deshaan Plains tiger-Guars. It sounds very interesting, though I dont know how plausable it would be for a herbivore to adopt that type of camouflauge, unless the surrounding vegetation resembles a pattern they could mimic for defense against a predator. Still, it would be very cool to see many different kinds of guars, especially if they are to be used as mounts.
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
01-25-2006, 03:36 AM,

read in the The Imperial Library... there is a thing about Guars being stripped... (not sure if it is striped or stripped... either way they have stripes and are naked) Big Grin
In Poison Song it gives the impression of guars being ridden often
also... have you ever seen Mongolian steppe ponies? they are small but sturdy creatures...
lightly armed Mongolian cavalry archers beat heavily armored germanic knights on gigantic stallions.... Big Grin

well I wouldn't be surprised if Durzogs were ridden by Goblins...
like in LOTR where the orcs and goblins ride the wargs and larger wolves... the serve bot as equals and partners....
one has more sophistication and the other more physical strength
the Warg is more like allowing the orc to ride on it....
they are also said to be as smart as the orcs... sorta have their own language kinda thing

i think the Durzog is similar
01-25-2006, 03:40 AM,

Quote:read in the The Imperial Library... there is a thing about Guars being stripped... (not sure if it is striped or stripped... either way they have stripes and are naked)
In Poison Song it gives the impression of guars being ridden often
also... have you ever seen Mongolian steppe ponies? they are small but sturdy creatures...
lightly armed Mongolian cavalry archers beat heavily armored germanic knights on gigantic stallions....

well I wouldn't be surprised if Durzogs were ridden by Goblins...
like in LOTR where the orcs and goblins ride the wargs and larger wolves... the serve bot as equals and partners....
one has more sophistication and the other more physical strength
the Warg is more like allowing the orc to ride on it....
they are also said to be as smart as the orcs... sorta have their own language kinda thing

i think the Durzog is similar

Hmm, well if thats true then I guess I cant really deny it anymore. Its not that I dont want them to be rideable, on the contrary really, I just didnt want it to not make sense.

Thats an interesting connection about the Durzogs and Wargs, and I think it would work well in Morrowind as well.

Quote:(not sure if it is striped or stripped... either way they have stripes and are naked)

Its striped for stripes, but it works either way. :lmao:
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
01-25-2006, 04:08 AM,

stripped Guars... what a fetish....

anyhow, remember... betmer are mostly outlaws or imports in Vvardenfell...
so they bring along their beasties... liek the Durzog...

so you aren't gonna find many... but it would still be cool.... and not too impossible at all... infact seems to me logical...
01-25-2006, 04:22 AM,

makes sense to me :goodjob:

i think that the majority of guars should be the ones were all used to seeing, however, once in while certain (i.e. important) NPCs would have a variation (probably in texture only) and as for durzogs, you'll encounter those in a high-level betmeri guerilla dungens
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-25-2006, 05:13 AM,

Quote:stripped Guars... what a fetish....

anyhow, remember... betmer are mostly outlaws or imports in Vvardenfell...
so they bring along their beasties... liek the Durzog...

so you aren't gonna find many... but it would still be cool.... and not too impossible at all... infact seems to me logical...

I agree, it does seem pretty logical.

Quote:makes sense to me

i think that the majority of guars should be the ones were all used to seeing, however, once in while certain (i.e. important) NPCs would have a variation (probably in texture only) and as for durzogs, you'll encounter those in a high-level betmeri guerilla dungens

Thats also a good idea, especially since it looks like the new guar is going to be awesome. :yes:
01-25-2006, 01:36 PM,

its good to have lots of texurs =)
i will gladly sacrafice u 4 oblivon
(im still traying to bark dont worry)
01-26-2006, 04:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
I think Guars are the result of a long time of evolution where predatorial lizardliess grew to be semi-vegetarian and became grazers and scavengers.... while its relative went on to be pack hunters.. Alits and Kagouti....

by the way, Guars can be many colors... in fact the ones living on the gigantic Deshaan Plain of central/south Morrowind are stripped.... resembling tigers... which is what one of the Emperors called them... tigers... Big Grin

(personally I'd like to try riding a Durzog... Big Grin)

I don't know about riding Guars, they seem too small to ride if you go by the Morrowind model (unless you're a Bosmer Smile). They might get bigger in lore, but I'm not sure..

By the way, that's an awesome Guar head. Big Grin
01-26-2006, 07:15 PM,

Hm...the head looks pretty good.But someone should make a better texture.For OB we can use bigger textures.
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.