Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creatures
01-26-2006, 11:39 PM,

still... Guars are small and sturdy....
Mongol hordes conquered much of the Asian world with small and sturdy Mongolian steppe ponies... and when bred with Arabian horses... perfect horse :]

anyhow... sixe isn't everything... I think the Guars weren't too small in Morrowind... i mean you could fit in their mouth.... but they could be bigger...
01-27-2006, 12:10 AM,

I would be pleasantly surprised if it turned out modders will be able to add rideable creatures at all. It seems to me like something the devs would like to keep to themselves for a future mod or expansion pack.

Speaking of variations, a model of a guar with an attached cart, making it look like it is functioning as a pack animal, would be immensely cool to see. Big Grin

But I don't want to get ahead of myself and lose sight of the fact that having a guar creature that can graze, run, and be killed would be friggin awesome, and something thousands of players would enjoy. =) People would be like, "Man, did you see that cool guar Dairon did?!"
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-27-2006, 12:41 AM,

....I think Corky and Rollie should have a story...
like a cute little fairy tale style story.... not the original scary fairy tales but the romanticized ones...

Corky and Rollie run from their masters... they meet each other and make a home in the Ascadian Isles near Lake Nabia... and then they have 4 children... and live happily ever after....

until a hungry argonian called Kukulza stumbles upon them and eats them alive! :chaos:

...I mean... happily ever after....

EDIT:
what I mean is that are we going to make new models for different Guars are simply a new skin?
also, are the packs on their backs part of the models or attachments?
01-27-2006, 09:05 PM,

:boo:

Dairon has attached this image (reduced version):
[Image: thumb_Dairon_Guar_2006-01-27.jpg]
Time waits for no one
01-27-2006, 09:18 PM,

:check: I'm impressed with the work so far.
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
01-27-2006, 09:20 PM,

wow, nice indeed... his legs seem wrong somehow though... to thin maybe? (i cant figure out what it is)
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-27-2006, 09:39 PM,

everything but his legs... which don't look so sturdy... I will get to ya on what I think is weird about the legs... but the rest it... awesome! :goodjob:
01-28-2006, 12:18 AM,

Quote:everything but his legs... which don't look so sturdy... I will get to ya on what I think is weird about the legs... but the rest it... awesome!

They seem kind of flat, like they dont have enough depth, or the muscle in the calf is not completely developed. But still, that is simply awesome for a first draft model. :goodjob: I cant wait to see what else you do. :yes:
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
01-28-2006, 01:22 AM,

Overall it looks great :goodjob:

But perhaps you could make the legs and feet a bit longer and fatter?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-28-2006, 07:47 AM,

Very very good! :yes:

I think that if you smooth it once or twice it would look better when you gen near of it.Oh.And some bump textures for the skin.It would look nice. Smile
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.