Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
falmer and work done on Ulfthred Village
06-29-2006, 03:23 PM,

Here is test3. I lightened the horn, nail, wrap and loincloth textures considerably to try to get the "creature of the snows" feel. The weapon on his right hand is a separate DDS file that I'll do to fit once consensus is reached. BTW, this is based on test2, which I liked best.

Thanks,
Steve
06-29-2006, 03:41 PM,
ice goblins
different armor might work well, but I wouldnt use the Stalhrim

its hard to come by, making it not so realistic that goblins have it
it wouldn't give a good contrast to the goblin skin color
its a product of what Skaal Nords consider Holy

The horns could be matching, maybe just a bit darker than the skin color

Smile
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-29-2006, 03:54 PM,

I think I'll leave the armor itself alone; human skulls are always in fashion for goblins. Big Grin As for the horns, are they horns or big hairy ears? I have no idea. The texture of the original kinda gave it a "wrapped hair" look which my transforms totally hosed. I'd be thrilled to consider it horn; that'd be much simpler.

As for Stahlrim, I agree with Bob: maybe on a Boss, but not the cannon fodder.

Thanks,
Steve

EDIT: The iciest Ice Goblin yet! One inside, one outside and one with a Riekling for comparison. Not in a new post 'cause the BBS won't let me. X(
06-30-2006, 08:53 PM,
Last Ice Goblin before Vegas
Here is my last IG screenshot before we head to the City of Lost Wages for a week. Big Grin The work here is on the horn, nail and wrap textures. I used wolf and bear textures as the starting point to try to get that northerly feel. And yes, I think that the builton weapon and the pauldron need that northerly feel as well.

But not 'til week after next. Smile

Thanks,
Steve
06-30-2006, 08:57 PM,
RE: Last Ice Goblin before Vegas
Another nice job

Enjoy your journey

Thanks
Bob

07-23-2006, 02:02 AM,
Retexed ice goblin armor
Here is another ice goblin with the pauldron done in bear with a metal ring to show some basic armoring work, the straps done in wolf, the skull and "claws" lightened, and the weapon wrap made to match the other wraps. Again, I'm trying to create a subtly different feel even for the goblin accessories.

Let me know what you think,
Steve
07-23-2006, 02:12 AM,

Moved to Archive
bob196045
Big Grin

I definitly like this one better than the previous, the colour changes on the pauldrons gives it more overall balance

looks good....

On a side note: the falmer quest might be out, we will still use the goblins in some caves in the north and possibly even a quest involving them.

I have got around to doing more reading and discovered the ST thread on "rules"< (general statement) and I discovered that it is the core has decided way back when, that as far as Silgrad goes the Falmer are extinct

I'll eventually get around to asking them to re-consider I think that I have a good arguement for them to think about but thats later Smile

What are you up for doing next?

Thanks
Bob