Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to organize the Great House War
07-30-2006, 11:51 PM,

Just a note, I've heard that the House Redoran hates the Ashlanders, considering them to be heretics, so I find it kind of doubtful they would ally with them, and if they are allied maybe very loosely. (they could add quests in the Redoran quest line if you make it that deal with sabatoging the Ashlanders covertly or something like that.) Or maybe the alliance would fall later on in the questline and the Ashlanders would start a whole new faction in the war.
07-30-2006, 11:59 PM,

by createing globals for each of the waring factions it is posable to make alternitive quests and even being able to play as ether side of your selected conflict. so for instance your charicter has beten two quest you have three quest you can do for quest three each haveing a good or evil aspect to them as well as different ways they can be compleated and it would still progress you through the plot line.
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
07-31-2006, 02:53 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Napalm338
Just a note, I've heard that the House Redoran hates the Ashlanders, considering them to be heretics, so I find it kind of doubtful they would ally with them, and if they are allied maybe very loosely. (they could add quests in the Redoran quest line if you make it that deal with sabatoging the Ashlanders covertly or something like that.) Or maybe the alliance would fall later on in the questline and the Ashlanders would start a whole new faction in the war.
I doubt Redoran would sabotage Ashlanders, even if they are "heretics", they are honorable people and wouldn't use under-handed tactics unless they had to, unlike Hlaalu who use underhanded tactics first.
Also, Redoran believed them to be heretics but nerevarine prophecies came true, so they have to reckon with the fact that in the eyes of the common people, the ashlanders were "right" all along that Nervar would return....

And you have to consider... Ashlanders, Telvanni and Redoran, especially Redoran have had to fight the Nords together... and Telvanni and Redoran have been fighting Daedra especially the Telvanni....

because of recent events these normally enemies are starting to band together... sorta like how Helseth banded together Dres and Hlaalu.... hhaha which leaves Indoril sitting out there without friends and few leaders
08-10-2006, 09:29 AM,

How about that a house got corrupted (imagine a leader assassination) and that it split in two.. Most of the house goes to the weaker side to even things out.
08-10-2006, 01:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by zeval
How about that a house got corrupted (imagine a leader assassination) and that it split in two.. Most of the house goes to the weaker side to even things out.
in what context do you mean?
the Redoran? Telvanni? Hlaalu?
08-10-2006, 04:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
because of recent events these normally enemies are starting to band together... sorta like how Helseth banded together Dres and Hlaalu.... hhaha which leaves Indoril sitting out there without friends and few leaders
Seems more to me like Helseth did that to gain nifty bits of power.
08-10-2006, 08:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Seems more to me like Helseth did that to gain nifty bits of power.
yeah... but don't forget he's more crafty than that...
he's not going to make it seem that that's all...

the old generation of Dres nobility would never do such a thing, nor turn on indoril... sure they covet the richer and less dangerous plains to the north instead of the swampy plains in the south where Argonians raid, but they are traditional and loyal to their House. Helseth tapped into the younger generation, into their eagerness for power... and for commerce and wealth and trade with the outside world... and to surpass Indoril which had always treated the other Houses as little brothers, like China and it's satellite kingdoms in Vietnam and Korea, etc.

so it's not THE Dres who are doing this... it is the eager and young generation of nobility, not the older generation, nor the traditional and zealous commoners...
08-13-2006, 02:06 AM,

Also, it would seem Bethesda based a lot of Helseth after Richard III. (Look at the "results" box of his hello voice dialogue in the CS. Tongue) And, well, that can't be good. For him.
08-13-2006, 04:00 AM,
RE: how to organize the Great House War
Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
I'd say Dres should be a joinable faction, to balance out having to joinable houses on each side. As for how the war should work I think it be a combination of a and b, you have to join a Great House, and then you have the option of joining a minor faction (i.e. ashlanders, nords, ect.) Each house will have a questline, but there will be bonuses, special objectives and rewards, and the occasional sidequest thrown into the mix based off the minor faction you joined. For example you join Redoran and you're given a mission to clear a Hlaalu outpost: if you joined ashlanders you are supposed to locate an heirloom that belonged to an ashlander warrior slain by the Hlaalu and bring it back to his tribe. If you joined the Betmeri there is a particularly cruel Dres warrior at the fort who was a slaver before the emancipation, when you attack the outpost he will flee: you have to hunt him down and bring the Betmeri his head.
So is there still any interest in using my old suggestion for Great Houses and then satelite factions? Or will each faction within the two sides of the war have their own complete questline? Its appearing that it is the latter, though I could be wrong.
08-13-2006, 05:27 AM,

yes but in the Great House War mainquest it is satellite... as in one authority and side quests depending on faction